Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pole Dancing!!! page 2

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm going to have a 'propper hard think' about pole dancing In all seriousness, I've never seen pole dancing before, it looks awsome fun and like it requires massive strenght and fitness.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    This is absolutely my favorite pole dance. I would LOVE to be able to do this.

How in the hell..... man. That was amazing. I am sure that is one piece of exercise equipment that DH wouldn't object to my buying.

We had a Groupon for classes not too long ago, about an hours drive.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

JadeAthena is offline Junior Member
    I've been doing Pole Fitness for about eight months. It is a great workout that requires flexibility, agility, coordination, strength, and some nerve especially when you start to invert. If you take a class, make sure you go several times to give it a fair shot (I wasn't sold at first but I bought a package). Sometimes it feels more like weight lifting than play. Also, a high pain tolerance is helpful. A lot of the tricks cause bruising and irritation when you first do them. That sounds bad, but it's so much fun. And an amazing core workout.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Thanks JadeAthena! I did sign up for a 4 week session (1 class per week) which begins next week. I was playing at a local playground which had a pole and could tell from my ridiculous swinging around the thing that it is going to be extremely tough stuff to master!!! (The fact that zoebird was not into it is a little unsettling to me as she is super duper strong and awesome and into similar yoga and bodyweight stuff that I enjoy, but I'll give it a fair shot!!) From just looking at it, it seems like LHT more than anything else for sure. I can get bored easily, so finding ways to fit in workouts that are more working towards a super fun goal (such as some of the pole dancing 'tricks' I've seen, etc.) may be more motivating for me personally.

I'll keep you all posted!! I'm loving the feedback on this topic!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    Thanks JadeAthena! I did sign up for a 4 week session (1 class per week) which begins next week. I was playing at a local playground which had a pole and could tell from my ridiculous swinging around the thing that it is going to be extremely tough stuff to master!!! (The fact that zoebird was not into it is a little unsettling to me as she is super duper strong and awesome and into similar yoga and bodyweight stuff that I enjoy, but I'll give it a fair shot!!) From just looking at it, it seems like LHT more than anything else for sure. I can get bored easily, so finding ways to fit in workouts that are more working towards a super fun goal (such as some of the pole dancing 'tricks' I've seen, etc.) may be more motivating for me personally.

I'll keep you all posted!! I'm loving the feedback on this topic!!
    Good luck FR...Good to see you around again:-)
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Hi SoccerGrok!!! Hope all is well with you!!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josephdeck View Post
    This is good for to lose some weight.

I think you try this.

Reboot Boot Camp & Best Boot Camp
    Really? Like all 18 of your posts are pushing your boot camp thing. And take a refresher course in English...
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I think I love this thread.....

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I thought it was illegal to do this with your clothes on.
    Hrmmm, guess I learned something new today.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeAthena View Post
    Also, a high pain tolerance is helpful. A lot of the tricks cause bruising and irritation when you first do them.
    Ouch Ouch and Ouch, was all I could think about with some of those moves.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast