Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spacey47! Success Now with Before and After pictures aged 48 years page 2

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You are 48? Seriously, dude, you look nothing like the 48 yr olds I see. Great job. Be very, very proud.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

newberrycrater is online now Senior Member
    Hot dammmmmmmmmn!!!!!!!! That's all. Drool short circuiting my keyword now.

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    UPDATE ..Keeping at it

now that i have actually gone under my goal weight by 3lbs i weigh myself less and in my mind now im just keeping fit and eating well, however the good habits are now ingrained and so my body is still changing albeit a little more slowly .

its often clothes or that you notice, certains jeans that were snug now feel loose, a shirt or jacket suddenly feels a bit bigger etc and its often as a suprise

I hit a personal mile stone today by accident, when i was 19 years old i weighed 158 lbs and had a 28 inch waist, i had a weightbelt
    that was sized 28-38 inches and i had to get to extra holes put an inch further back as it felt too loose training.

I still use that same belt 29 years later when i do kettle bell swings/deadlifts and rowing exercises

this morning when i put the belt on without thinking about it i put it straight on those additional holes that i put in at the age of 19!

I felt like i had turned the clock back nearly 30 years, in January of this year i would have just got the belt on the loosest hole!

blissfull is offline Junior Member
    Wow! You really look fantastic and sound like you are feeling great.
    I really needed to read this because sometimes I just think,"Why to I even try?"
    At 40+ it seems impossible to get back to that state of fitness that I was at in my late 20's and early 30's.
    It FEELS impossible! Kids and their schedules rule my world, as soon as I get into routine something happens that blows
    it and it always frustrates me to the point where I just throw in the towel.
    After looking out what a little (or a lot of) willpower can do I motivated to get off this computer and onto the treadmill
    to get a couple of miles under my feet before the before school rush. (Still dark outside). That is after I head to the freezer and pull out some ground beef and chicken so it can thaw. No more excuses!

Thank you! I needed to see this.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    lookin good bro! now you need to buy some shirts that fit you. we can see your heart beating through those tight-ass t shirts.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

I vote that you keep those shirts. Oh, yes.

@Blissful thanks for the kind words, I know how u feel about your life not being your own' I have an intense full time job and I do a lot of the childcare in our home, literally the only regular time I can train is before the family wake up, so I'm often in the garage at 5.30am weight training or power walking and sprinting around the neighbourhood. I have stopped cycling after falling off my bike 3 weeks ago dislocating a finger and bruising ribs
    Set yourself some short term goals and stick with it once you see the results it will help reinforce the good behaviour I.e. training and diet and you are more likely to succeed

@ not on the rug.. cheers for positive comments' as for the t-shirts the grey one is as I stated in my original post a training compression top so its supposed to be skin tight and I wore it to emphasize body shape for the pictures.

Both the other t shirts are close fitting but far from skin tight! In fact now they are now somewhat looser than those pics as I have dropped 3 more pounds since then

@Sabine......... ..ahem...:-)

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    just busting your balls buddy. i wear stuff like that when i train too. no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    just busting your balls buddy. i wear stuff like that when i train too. no worries.
    Badda Bing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast