Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is it!!!!! page 3

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just curious: why so many egg whites? Also, you seem to be eating a lot of apples, bananas, carrots if weight loss is your primary goal. I'm not a girl, so things are different for me, but just wondering.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum. You seem to be doing well, especially regarding moving slowly/walking a lot.

I second Mr. Anthony's question about the egg whites. It also seems that your diet might be really low in fat, unless you are adding butter or some other fat to your eggs and vegetables. A diet that is low in both carbs and fat is not the best for your health, nor sustainable.

Jayner is offline Member
    Those are good points... I just like eggs whites... they bulk it up a lot and add a lot of protein...

The addiction to carbs is a hard one to kick.... I just love the crunchy goodness of carrots.

I should probably start increasing my fat intake. Old habits are hard to kick?!?!

I will go out and buy some butter this weekend.

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jayner
    I also have trouble with the carb addiction and often go to fruit... and especially carrots (makes it seem ok)
    I can't say a ton since I still have a lot of trouble with it myself but I do know on the days I consumed more fat I was much more satisfied and if I was mindful I did not run to the carbs

We can't worry about the weight loss part to much, I think it is important to try and find the balance first. Once we get use to eating the right way and feeling good the weight loss should be natural, and if not then it is an ok time to focus on the weight

Just my thoughts! I should probably listen to my own words its hard I know
    Best wishes!
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Carrots are really fine. They are pretty low carb. There are like 6g of carb in a medium carrot.

Jayner is offline Member
    I think the issue is that I can easily hoover two 2 lb bags of carrots in a week.... hm. I am feeling really good. I spent the summer biking across the country so was eating a disgusting amount of highly processed food and consuming anywhere between 2500-4000 calories a day (needed when you are biking 5-6 hours a day). But I felt awful the entire time. Previous to that I think I ate a diet comparable to what I am having now with the exception of oatmeal (glorious glorious oatmeal). I have also never really monitored my fruit intake.

That being said I have already had an apple today (prior to crossfit). Aaaand I am eating a yam for dinner.

Day 12? (better check that):
    Breakfast: apple, 2 egg and 4 egg white mushroom omelette
    Lunch: tilapia, 2 cups mixed vegetables, 2 cookies (eek! Each is about 100 calories... fail.... was just famished... 80/20 right?)
    Snacks: 2 hardboiled eggs.
    Dinner: fell off the wagon a bit here.... ate some (aka lots of) BREAD. Eeeek!!!!!! Went to my parent's house and couldn't resist some of the fresh smelling dough......... at least it was whole wheat?

AND I HAVE A WEDDING TOMORROW....

Exercise: crossfit
    Last edited by Jayner; 10-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Jayner is offline Member
    So this weekend has been dubious. Complete fail. Complete binge. BACK ON THE HORSE TODAY. It will take me atleast a week of clean eating to undo the weekend's damage. I am thinking of doing a WHOLE30...

Day13
    Breakfast: leftover ham and yams
    Lunch: apple, ham, 2 large carrots, 1/2 cup acorn squash
    Dinner: zucchini, mushroom and cabbage stirfry; 1/2 chicken breast, egg
    Snack: vegetable soup

Exercise: walk 12 km, run 7 km
    Last edited by Jayner; 10-08-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayner View Post
    I am thinking of doing a WHOLE30...
    Go for it! I have never done one myself, but I think it's a good idea. Being strict with yourself for a month will help set the changes and should make "cheating", or I guess a better term is "eating crap", less likely.

Jayner is offline Member
    The hard part is I have another wedding next weekend and know that I will be having wine... just a couple glasses?!?!? I also have a variety of guestst coming. I think November 11th would be a good time to start (visitors gone and thus no occasions for drinking).

Jayner is offline Member
    Day 14:

Preworkout: hardboiled egg, 1/2 chicken breast
    Workout: crossfit (strength), run 7.5 km
    Breakfast: 3 egg 3 eggwhite mushroom omelette
    Snack: 2 hardboiled eggs
    Lunch: 1/2 chicken breast, 2 cup veggies
    Snack: 2 large carrots, tassimo cappucino
    Dinner: chicken salad (cucumber, green pepper, purple cabbage, 250 g chicken)
    Snack: 350 g chicken, 3 carrots

Side note: eggs anyone?
    Last edited by Jayner; 10-09-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast