Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PB Journal (freedom.please) page

freedom.please is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb PB Journal (freedom.please)

Primal Fuel
    DAY 1,

Going to give this a go, I have been looping in and out of eating primal, but I really want to stick to it! Hopefully Journaling will keep me accountable.

Today I am going to go to the grocery store, I need to make a primal list for the week.

-Potatoes ( I have leeks from farmers market and want to make potato leek soup)
    -Almond Milk
    -Beef, Chicken, pork muscles
    -Frozen fruit for smoothies?
    -onions
    -Vegetables for salads
    -People are welcome to suggest simple grocery lists, I do have some of the basics like eggs, almonds,olive oil..

I am ready to stop stuffing my face with processed carbs, I feel like crap every time I do, but I keep going back to it. I am pretty sure I have a sugar addiction. I know If I can be primal for a week I will get over the worst of that

It is also hard as a college student between stress, being busy, and having peer pressure of SAD. But I am excited and I know I can do this!
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Day 2
    Today went very well, though I did have a head ache and got really sleepy around 3:00. I tried to keep it low carb though potatoes were part of my dinner. I lifted weights earlier today and I am going to go for an evening walk soon. When I have tried to go primal before I usually last 2 days and then by the third i give in to sugar. This is not going to happen tomorrow!

Breakfast - Pumpkin & almond milk smoothie ( not going to make again, turned out bad)
    Lunch - 2 eggs and a nice big salad
    Snacks - can of tuna & almonds
    Dinner - small steak, wilted kale, & a small bowl of left over potato leek soup

I woke up this morning feeling pretty good, a little sleepy though. I did take a 30 min nap in the afternoon
    Excited for another primal day tomorrow! Plan to weigh myself on Saturday
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Day 3

Why is it that I do really well all day long but when evening comes I struggle? I made a great Primal dinner and then I fall short to ice cream or the other treats sitting around that I have not gotten rid of yet. Evenings are rough and really hindering my progress. Why can I not resist these treats, I know my goal and I am determined and yet I give in!!

Breakfast - beef Jerky (on the run)
    Lunch - salad and cottage cheese
    Dinner - pork chop, salad, potato leek soup

down fall - Ice cream, & black licorice - I really want to get past this

I also did not take my evening walk that I usually do, I think it was just a really long and exhausting day which ended poorly in eating habits...
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

DAY 1 b
    --Starting over, last couple of days were stressful and I caved. I know this next week will be better and I can stick to it.
    I am going home this evening and I heard there might be steak for dinner - my most favorite food in the world- I have to remember the primal foods that I love and not the processed foods that in return make me feel icky!

No going back, no more starting over, have to stick to it

I am also getting interested in different exercises, body weight exercises. I use to only run and lift weights. I just need to learn what I can do with out equipment
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Day 2
    Great day!! already feeling better and back in the swing of things. To day was completely Primal except my salad dressing...

Got in a nice work out,

10 min. warm up jog
    20 squats
    10 push ups
    20 lunges
    10 bench presses
    30 sec. plank
    30 jumping jacks
    - I did three rounds of this-

I even climbed a tree... how can that not make a person feel good
    got some sunshine and now a good nights rest to finish
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Day? - not really keeping track any more

Going well, and feeling really good. My work out is improving.

Concerns: I woke up in the middle of the night STARVING, I tried to get back to sleep but after an hour I decided I would give in and have a snack. I had a glass of water and some dark chocolate... this did not fix my hunger but I did eventually fall asleep

I need to figure out why I woke up so hungry and what to do when this happens
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Hey, good job so far! I definitely know the feeling of doing well through the day, then caving at night... It's something I've been working on, but still have issues with occasionally. I've read that it's largely due to the fact that we have a limited amount of will power for the day, and usually by that time we've used it up, eating well, getting work/chores done, basically every time we make ourselves do anything!

I recommend a) getting that crap out of the house! Can't eat it if you don't have it.
    b) do something that requires both hands (instead of mindlessly eating while you watch tv or the like)
    c) drink tea!
    d) and if all else fails, just be mindful of what you're doing, and have faith that you will break the habit if you keep trying.

On a random note, how do you feel about sweet potatoes? Sweet potato and leek soup is wonderful, and better for you than white potatoes - not that those are totally evil, but they can really push up your carbs, and don't offer a ton nutritionally.

At any rate, good luck! I'm not trying to preach, just sharing what's been working for me. I look forward to your updates

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralicious View Post
    Hey, good job so far! I definitely know the feeling of doing well through the day, then caving at night... It's something I've been working on, but still have issues with occasionally. I've read that it's largely due to the fact that we have a limited amount of will power for the day, and usually by that time we've used it up, eating well, getting work/chores done, basically every time we make ourselves do anything!

I recommend a) getting that crap out of the house! Can't eat it if you don't have it.
    b) do something that requires both hands (instead of mindlessly eating while you watch tv or the like)
    c) drink tea!
    d) and if all else fails, just be mindful of what you're doing, and have faith that you will break the habit if you keep trying.

On a random note, how do you feel about sweet potatoes? Sweet potato and leek soup is wonderful, and better for you than white potatoes - not that those are totally evil, but they can really push up your carbs, and don't offer a ton nutritionally.

At any rate, good luck! I'm not trying to preach, just sharing what's been working for me. I look forward to your updates
    Thanks Spiralicious!
    those are fantastic suggestions, I really love tea and I need to make this an evening routine to have a cup. I also did think about using sweet potatoes, I mentioned the idea to some one and they looked at me funny, ha go figure. I do try to stay away from white potatoes though. I love hearing suggestions!

-Today was fantastic went to one of our state parks near by and hiked around this A.M before I had class
    -My dad sent me flowers and I also got a letter in the mail from my aunt
    -I am truly loved and blessed

I live in a apartment at school and have one roommate, I want to tell her about how I am eating "primally" so she will better understand my habits but I know she will not understand. She grew up having pizza most nights and so forth. I just don't feel like dealing with her thinking I am strange but at the same time I will be looked at strangely when we eat meals together and I turn down things like garlic bread or won't eat a sandwich with bread...
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Haha yep, the strange looks are just one of those things you'll have to learn to live with! Maybe she will eventually clue in to how delicious the food you DO eat is

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yup, another bad day....

All was well the past few days, felt really good. Had some trouble with sleep but was mostly content.
    It all started to go bad tuesday night, my roommate wanted to have BLT's I was going to just have eggs and bacon instead of the sandwich with bread but I thought about how well I had been doing eating primally and went ahead and had the sandwich.

I guess I am learning a lot about myself and that it is not ok to give in a little because as soon as I do I give in a lot...

Mentally this lead me to eating other things that I should not have yet today. And frankly I feel terrible, physically I do not even want to go do anything (not like me I love being active and outside).

--I just want today to be over... and probably tomorrow because I don't foresee me feeling very well after tonight. I guess it was a learning experience of what I can handle, it is silly to eat things that are not even that great (bread & other various processed "foods") When I can eat real food and feel amazing... so silly.

Ok yesterday I even got a pop-tart out of the vending machine on campus after class (what in the world!)

Tiered of feeling like poo
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast