Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PB Journal (freedom.please) page 6

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is how I make BEEF JERKY folks, I dig it...

beef jerky.jpg
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Yesterdays adventure... beef jerky. Todays adventure... climbing trees

Step 1 - find a tree and make a goal
    IMG_0153.jpg

Step 2 - make it happen

IMG_0154.jpgIMG_0155.jpgIMG_0158.jpgIMG_0162.jpg

Just a little fun with the nice weather over vacation.... I did not even know my sister was taking all the pic.s but it turned out kinda cool
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Reconnecting with friends from the past can be really exciting

Long day at work but overall good feelings today. It is way easier for me to stay primal when I am busy because I do not have the chance to snack or think about all those foods I could be mindlessly eating in boredom. I have a good feeling about this next week, even though it will be stressful school wise I think being busy and being forced to be productive because of deadlines will be great for me.

Off to bed for an early night since I work all day again tomorrow, feels good to get some hours in though
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

B- eggs and a big salad
    L- tuna, steamed broccolie, couple beef jerky peices
    D- big bacon wrapped sirloin, asparagus
    Bed time snack= home work

Work out- 30 min. Jog

Anxieties- busy week with a lot of school work ahead. Finals will be here soon. It is also getting very busy at work with the holiday season

Hoping tomorrow goes as well as okay. My sister is staying with me tomorrow night and my guess is we will be getting sushi for dinner... The rice in the sushi isn't exactly what I'd want right now but there could be worse things , it's not extremely rice heavy any way...
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Jerky looks awesome! What cut of meat did you use for it? Spices?

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey

Thanks you for your kind words. I dont see it that my clients are lucky to have me. They are fantastic people and I am privaledged to work with them. I just give them tools, ideas and suggestions (and a little pushing in the right direction), they have to walk the walk themselves.

How goes the eating more?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Jerky looks awesome! What cut of meat did you use for it? Spices?
    Thanks
    I used (though am looking for alternatives):
    half teriyaki half soy sauce
    onion powder
    garlic powder
    pepper
    touch of molasses
    touch of honey
    Cut of meat : rump roast ( they cut it for me at the meat counter) could also use sirloin tip roast though it is more expensive. Maybe flank??

I marinate it for about 5 hours and then hang them in the oven. The oven temperature should be on as low as possible with the oven door cracked open slightly to ventilate the air. The drying process can take a long time depending on how thick your cut is. I would say average 8 to 9 hours. It turns out great every time, I am currently trying to find alternatives to using the teriyaki and soy sauce but it is pretty good

Richard - Eating more does feel better, I am always open to suggestions. I don't really care for snacking too much. Maybe once a day other wise I feel like I am just grazing all day. It is a continuing project, or so it seems, figuring out what works best for me.

Yesterday
    b - eggs & salad
    L- tuna & vegetables
    D - 2 rolls of sushi (rainbow roll & spicy salmon)
    glass of red wine

Dinner might have been a bit much for my needs, doesn't sound like a lot of food but I was very full and did not have the chance to work out yesterday so it was more than enough food

Stressful next couple days with school, and the time allotted to go out for a good jog is sadly diminishing. But over all I just keep on going!
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Ok, snacking doesnt have to happen. Even try spoonfulls of olive oil over your veggies. Each one can add about 100 calories of good fat to a meal. Eggs in the form of a frettata can be loaded up (topped) with anything to add calories, taste etc. Spread the meals out as you need to. A wee bit o grazing doesnt hurt. As you said you need to find what works then tweak and re-teak it. If you want to see what I eat (roughly - not all days are a good example) check out my log.

That climbing looked really good fun, very grokette of you.

If you cant get out for a jog, have you thought of investing in a skiping rope/ kettlebell etc?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Diogenes is offline Member
    Hey freedom

Love your nick! Got a kick out of the tree pics, love your hair. Might give your jerky recipe a go, maybe I'll love that too!

Richard, yes I have thought about purchasing a kettle bell. I realized today I am just making excuses for not getting my work outs in. A simple 20 - 30 min. out of my day would be better than nothing... I know I can find that amount of time. Mentally need to get past the excuses. Also, here at my college our wonderfully equipped rec. center is open until mid night. A work out buddy could also help (sadly I can not get my roommate to participate in any physical activity). I will have to check out your journal..

Talk is cheep, I need to follow through

Diogenes, thanks! I find climbing things amusing ... I should just go to the rec. center and partake in the rock climbing wall (its free for students!). Please do try making Jerky, let me know how it comes out.

I have bought a pull up bar and have worked my way up to 4 pull ups in a row, shooting for 5 by christmas. I like to leave the pull up bar in my door way and randomly do them as I go in and out of the room.

I really enjoy making up my own body weight routines especially when the weather is nice and I can do them in a grassy area outside... it is turning cold here though.

Self image is such a funny thing, one minute you may see yourself a particular way and the next (maybe in a different context) you see yourself differently. I think for many of us working out and feeling strong gives us strength in other areas of our life. I would love to learn how to have a stable self image. I also think it is important to get past instant gratification and work towards a bigger goal, rather than just satisfying what I want right in the moment.... just some things I think about and want to work on.

Eating
    -today was not primal, don't care to share (aka - chocolate & ice cream day oops)
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast