Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PB Journal (freedom.please) page 4

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom.please View Post
    Made a great lunch today, a nicely seasoned chicken wrapped in bacon and a side salad, all that protein kept me feeling really good today! simple yes, but tasty for sure
    Attachment 9526

I was going to go to yoga tonight... but Im losing motivation and may just do school work instead(fail). I think I will do some exercise in my apartment later when I get restless
    --- Some times I have trouble eating carrots, they get stuck in my throat and it really hurts!
    --- Thanksgiving vacation is a month away, I am setting a goal for my self to lose 4 pounds by vacation, putting me at 125, assuming I do not slip up too often this is very reasonable. (hold me to this!)
    Looks awesome! College girl, at age 20 I was eating canned green beans and bagels. I'm proud of you.

Do you chew your carrots?

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Consumed way too many calories today, I got really busy and found myself too hungry too wait for my dinner to finish cooking, I starting snacking while my food was on the stove, basically I did not keep my cool and forgot to think about what I was really doing.
    I am also anxious about tomorrow, it will be my first experience teaching in front of a class. Why do I want to be a teacher when I am so afraid to talk in front of people?

I will fast tomorrow morning, seeing as this evening I have consumed more energy than my body really needs. I will be busy until noon so that is not an issue at all. Hopefully I can be conscious of my choices the rest of the day. After class I know it will be difficult but I should take a nap and finish up school work so I can clear out things needed to be done before the weekend.

Just wanting to feel at peace with myself
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

I am going to become a primal hippie mountaineer woman , you know, I just like the sound of that...(by hippie I do not mean smoking, not in to that)
    It is just great to feel fresh and natural, I can not wait for when I can have my own home and not have to live in an apartment at college, its not too far off next year I should be graduating and I intend to get an actual home as soon as I find a teaching position.... When I have my own home, I will have a garden, it is a great feeling to produce your own food... I have also been thinking a lot about having my own chickens in the backyard! I mean come on, talk about fun! and tasty!

Going for a walk before I make a pork chop for dinner
    Had a decent weekend and I am ready for another week of classes
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Why do you eat so healthy? (strange lack of understanding look on face)

--This really happened to me today, I got criticized by my roommate for eating healthy, I thought it was suppose to be the other way around. I answered with ,"it taste good!" I was caught off guard. Later in the day I started to reflect on it and asked my self that question a few times

Why do I choose to eat healthy?
    1) I feel better physically and mentally
    2) I treat others better and perform better at life tasks when I eat healthy
    3) It will help me live longer
    4) I enjoy creating recipes with real foods
    5) It makes me look better
    most importantly it makes me feel good about myself

I don't think I would ever actually answer some one with those reasons but I know for myself this is why I choose to eat healthy, and I am so thankful that I can and do. Why do you eat so healthy??

Doing a trial at the cross fit facility tomorrow, super excited / kinda scared ha
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Yesterday I let my self have a little freedom in my diet, still was healthy, but I was very strict last week... which was definitely good. Yesterday though I had more sugar than I would have when I am being cautious

This morning I have been having a terrible time with cravings!! I have been thinking about how I want to go buy ice cream for breakfast... maybe a donut, or just anything sugary! I made eggs and hash browns for breakfast hoping this would help it subside. I am not hungry and I don't need to eat, but I really want to. I am a little worried because I have nothing to do today besides home work.

I am sleepy, and I have stressful home work today = bad choices

I am going to do my best to hold out, it would be a shame to destroy my good diet from last week all in a day or two. I will do my best to get my school work done, I might take a nap, and I must get out side for some fresh air... maybe a walk or jog

I need to remember that the ice cream and good treats are not going any where. My body is not actually hungry, it is just my mind. I may have one of those treats some other time and really enjoy it instead of shoving my face with it right now for instant gratification

woofta! Feels good to work through it and write it out, then I actually pay attention to what I am thinking

--update, I think my weight is some where between 127 and 128 pretty sure I lost a good pound this last week. I have 3 weeks to get to my goal of 125 ( we all know ice cream is not going to get me there!) but at this time down is definitely better than up
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Yesterday did not end up well, I did not hardly even leave my apartment, lost motivation to move

New day, I think I will go home since a couple of my classes have been canceled. This way my family will help me get back on track from a bad day yesterday. They know I am doing the primal eating thing. Last time I was home I made them spaghetti squash

Hopefully I can make this week as good as last week. I need a will power boost
    stress/anxiety/lack of sleep/drowsy weather ... gosh I need to surround myself with some uplifting people fast
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

First attempt at Cocoanut fried chicken in cocoanut oil and all
    cocoanut chicken.jpg

It turned out really well, I enjoyed it and will be making this more often. I did not have any cocoanut flour so I used corn meal, then dipped the chicken in egg and covered with the shredded cocoanut. I really want to try this with shrimp...
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Life is going well, a little stressful but I am healthy and moving...

Started talking to a guy a couple of weeks ago, he is interesting, but mostly very kind and good company. He is everything but primal... he works at a place that serves only pasta.... He's got a belly and is not a good influence to my healthy choice lifestyle.
    I will certainly not rule him out because of this, most college students seem to be living off pasta and pizza. I am just having trouble grasping what I think of him. He makes me feel good but at the same time I don't feel that I have had great conversations or butterflies in my tummy. On a good side he is willing to do things like go for a hike or head to a yoga class.
    I have just always found very physically fit and assertive people attractive.... which he is not
    Ugh I really struggle with getting to know people and I am always afraid of telling them that I do not actually like them so sometimes I linger on with people much longer than I should. I would like to get to know him more but I don't want to get in a bad position either...
    The dilemmas of a college girl
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Its Friday Its Friday Aren't you glad Its FRIDAY.
    Happy Friday every one, another lovely day to do something special.

One more week and I will be on thanks giving vacation, spending time relaxing and enjoying the company of my family, it will be a wonderful week. I wish for every one on MDA to have an awesome Thanksgiving, to enjoy it with special people and eat wonderfully delicious food.
    What is do people enjoy making for Thanksgiving?
    I enjoy:
    pumpkin pie (might try a paleo recipe this year)
    Turkey -- of course
    deviled eggs
    sweet potatoes

Let it be a WONDERFUL day
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi freedom

Great that you are working hard at this and have made such a great life choice. Dont worry about bumps in the road, they dont knock you off the path, they just test your suspension.

To avoid bad snacking, have good snacks to hand when you are hungry or waiting for a meal (especially for the evenings when you said you struggle - probably b/c hnger kicks in). If you eat nuts have bags of mixed nuts or mixed fruit around for such an occassion. I eat wee bars called G-Bars. you get different types but I think they are all wheat, gluten,daily free. average about 7g's protein a bar. I am on pumpkin seed ones just now.

Keep fighting the fight, and dont rule out this guy. Like you said, hes willing to try new things. That might mean a life changing new way of eating.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast