Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PB Journal (freedom.please) page 3

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    That pizza sounds great!

I noticed a few times that you have had issues with sleeping. I do to at times. One thing that helped a lot was understanding that the only time in history that we have slept 8 hours a night straight through has been the last 100 or so years. Most of history has records of people being up at various points at night. From a primal view, it makes sense to have people who can be sentry...and awake. Now I just think that it is my sentry time, and read or such. I find that with this view I am less tired in the morning than when I was worried about the sleep.

Congrats on your exam! It is nice to get those out of the way so that you can think about other stuff.

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
    That pizza sounds great!

I noticed a few times that you have had issues with sleeping. I do to at times. One thing that helped a lot was understanding that the only time in history that we have slept 8 hours a night straight through has been the last 100 or so years. Most of history has records of people being up at various points at night. From a primal view, it makes sense to have people who can be sentry...and awake. Now I just think that it is my sentry time, and read or such. I find that with this view I am less tired in the morning than when I was worried about the sleep.

Congrats on your exam! It is nice to get those out of the way so that you can think about other stuff.
    CrazyCatLady - I really enjoyed your insight on sleep. I like your idea of making it not such a negative thing to be up in the night. I am going to try and use this kind of thinking. Maybe I will keep a book by my bed. I think I will also put a pen and note pad by my bed as well, might help to write thoughts down.

Today
    -it was another nice day, I went for a walk in the A.M and then a light jog this evening. It was a busy day with classes, but a good day.

for dinner I made a salad with a home made EVO/balsamic vinegar dressing I topped the salad with other sauteed vegetables - green peppers, mushrooms, onion, cherry tomatoes- And then I added in some really good shrimp. It was colorful and delicious
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Another good day! Busy as always but good!

Breakfast - just wasn't hungry

Lunch - Eggs and Sauteed Zucchini

Dinner - Sirloin steak and egg plant

--- I am thinking about having a grapefruit before I go to bed... not sure if fruit is the best before bed but I did not have a ton to eat to day and I think I might need a little something else

---Work out: did some body weight exercises and a light jog, nice to get out side for some fresh air

Things are going well
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

I am pretty sure I have not stayed primal for this long before, I am proud of myself, and I don't see it stopping. I am running into a little problem with this weekend though:

Two of my friends from high school are going to visit and stay with me this weekend. We plan on going to the football game tomorrow (suppose to be bad weather though)... My roommate has been planning for a whole week to make her famous amazing pasta after the game. Normally when I am with my family they kinda get my ways and I will have the pasta sauce on top of asparagus or something of the like. But my friends don't know about my choices to eat none processed food/ grains. She is so proud of her pasta because its one of the few things she cooks. I do not want to make her feel bad, and I don't want to weird out my friends but at the same time I DO NOT WANT TO EAT PASTA!

I want to keep this great stride going... ugh college & SAD
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

I'm hungry, I have a head ach, I am craving a diet mt. dew...for some reason I just want to eat
    I have eaten plenty of food today, I am sure of it. Had good amounts of protein and fat and I even threw in some fruit. Maybe I am hungry because I need sleep? --- I just got back from a short walk and that did not help

Right now I am going to make a cup of tea and see if this helps. I also decided that tomorrow I am not going to let some one else decide what I eat. Even though my roommate wants to make pasta I do not have to eat it. Maybe I will put the sauce on a baked potato (still carby but at least it has more nutrients) I do have asparagus left in the frige so that is an option too.

I hope to night turns around and does not turn disastrous. Need to stay strong!!!
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Hey freedom.please, I think I'm in about the same part of Iowa as you.

Have you noticed your willpower/cravings/mentality changing with the weather? The weather changed radically tonight to dark, gray, cold. That's definitely affecting my hunger levels right now. Tomorrow it'll be hard to resist the pasta because it's going to be yucky outside! So as to not offend my friends, I have implemented the "3 no-thank-you bites" option. I take just 2-3 bites of a dish - just enough so the friend believes I'm eating it - and then heap up the rest of my plate with salad or potato.

Also, it sounds like you're from Iowa, but I'm not and when I first moved here for school I realized that we get a LOT less sun here than even a couple states more south! This could be affecting your depression levels during the winter, especially. Maybe a happy light is in order? If you're on the campus that I think you're on, we have a biofeedback and mind/body spa services that are free to us as students through the counseling center. I've not tried biofeedback myself, but have a friend who struggles with clinical depression who swears by it! You can see the links to it on the counseling website at the university.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    If you're on the campus that I think you're on, we have a biofeedback and mind/body spa services that are free to us as students through the counseling center. I've not tried biofeedback myself, but have a friend who struggles with clinical depression who swears by it! You can see the links to it on the counseling website at the university.
    Bizzarre! It does sound as though we are on the same campus. I have been to Biofeedback when I was a freshman, I should check it out again, great suggestion. I am wondering though, I am not aware of a mind/body spa service... - scratch that, just looked it up and apparently we do have the mind/body spa, interesting.
    Either way we are both from Iowa
    Thank you greatly for the suggestions, I remember the biofeedback place having a "happy light". Some times I just need people to bring to my attention all the resources that really are available to me.
    Exciting to hear from some one near!

Feeling better after my tea, I snuggled up in a blanket with a hot cup, shut off the lights and listened to the thunderstorm earlier... Friends are on there way over, the evening has/will turn out just fine
    Last edited by freedom.please; 10-12-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Weekend went well. I ate a few things I should not have ... and maybe drank a few things too, tailgating just wouldn't be the same with out a couple ice cold beers. This morning I went to the rec. center, I have not lost any weight really, I am probably at about 128 yet, but I do feel better, and I think I have gained some mussel. Anyway, at the rec. center I spent a little time on the bike and sat in the steam room. Nothing too strenuous, just trying to clear out my body of the various things I should not have had. I plan on going to fitness yoga later this evening, great for clearing the mind and actually a decent work out.

Tomorrow is an easy day and I think I will take the time to drive home and see my family, stay the night, and come back for class Tuesday. My roommate is getting a little over the top and starting to bother me so it might be a good time to take a break from that as well.

Current worries/anxiety: I have to teach a lesson Friday, need to study for an exam, general schools stuff, self conscious about my body...

Downfalls: Popcorn, beer, rice (it was on my sushi--which is not all that bad), just too many carbs this weekend

Good things: I have not gained any weight, just had a cup of tea, I think I have all A's in my classes, I have a family who loves me, The dishes are clean
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Last couple days were a bust...but I am not going to feel badly about it, I am just going to get back on track and into the good ol' routine. I am going to check out our cross fit facility in town the beginning of next week, I am sure I would love it, it is just so darn expensive! Any one have thoughts on cross fit?

Last night I went home and made crawfish etouffee, and it turned out great. Fairly primal if served over asparagus or cauliflower instead of rice. I did make this with regular flour for the roux, I wonder if I could use almond meal to make the roux instead of regular flour???

---Still worried about my class lesson I have to teach Friday, need to plan it out. I feel like I am in hyper mode today, I have a lot of energy but in a wired way, not sure if this is good. But on a fun note I have had a lot of strange creative thoughts in the last week.
    ---Some times I feel like a primal hippie, I always think of betty white in the movie "the proposal" dancing around the fire! ha
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Made a great lunch today, a nicely seasoned chicken wrapped in bacon and a side salad, all that protein kept me feeling really good today! simple yes, but tasty for sure
    chicken for lunch.jpg

I was going to go to yoga tonight... but Im losing motivation and may just do school work instead(fail). I think I will do some exercise in my apartment later when I get restless
    --- Some times I have trouble eating carrots, they get stuck in my throat and it really hurts!
    --- Thanksgiving vacation is a month away, I am setting a goal for my self to lose 4 pounds by vacation, putting me at 125, assuming I do not slip up too often this is very reasonable. (hold me to this!)
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast