Thread: Hello from West London page

Lash is offline Junior Member

Hello from West London

Shop Now
    Hi,

User name is Lash ,aged 39, and I thought I'd actually introduce myself for once. Hope to stick around for a very long time........ well at least until I drop dead ;-)

Couple of years ago a thought crept into my head and it was " somethings wrong ". Pushed the thought to the back of my mind but I guess I'd always thought that something was wrong with the food we've been eating.

Things came to a head last summer when I saw a friend reading a book by Udo Erasmus called Fats that heal , fats that kill. We spoke about it for a bit and so I bought my own copy and a book by Dr Mary Enig and Sally Fallon called Eat fat, lose fat.

Still wasn't enough to kill that thought that something still wasn't right though. I began thinking that things started to go wrong for us when the food industry took control of what we eat. I can't remember what I typed into google but I think it was something like "What food did our ancestors eat" because I knew they must have been doing something right or we wouldn't be here today!!!! Going through the list of results I came to this place, where I read about Mark and the Primal way of living in this day and age. Pre-ordered The Primal blueprint book and never looked back. That thought of "something's wrong" has been put to rest now. Now I know what to do and how to give my body what it's always been shouting for. I'm no saint and yes I do give in to cravings now and again but most of the time I'm on the path to primal living.

Governments in bed with the food industry have got a lot to answer for. With obesity and diabetes on the rise I'm amazed our UK Government hasn't finally grown a pair and told the food industry that it's got to sort things out now or in the future the food industry will have to pay for treatment of these diseases they are happily helping to spread all in the name of profit. I think our lives and well being are a lot more important than the stocks and shares of companies that are slowly but surely killing us off.

I better stop here :-).

Approaching winter here in the UK and thought I'd finally join the forum to get some tips on what to eat for the coming cold season. Oily salads were good for summer but now I'm not so sure so I'll be asking questions about healthy energy sources to get through the winter. I cycle to work which takes me half an hour then work in a heated building at a desk or walk around student labs all day then cycle back home 8 or so hours later.
    I am not looking forward to this winter without the back up of a primal energy source.
    I don't care about getting fat over winter as I now know we are born with and have always had the ability to burn off fats but thanks to the insidious sugar/food industry and CW this ability is slowly but surely being shut down forcing many of us to go down the path of the greatest food con of all...... "low fat" diet food.

These are some of my thoughts and I hope I haven't scared you off!!

Catch you later!!

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I know what you mean about salad in the summer. In winter, I eat alot of soups. Homemade bone broth type soups with lots of vegetables and meat plus I am fond of egg drop soup for breakfast.

Lash is offline Junior Member
    Thanks brighthorse.
    If grok knew where to look I bet an awful lot of his winter diet came from underground and fallen beasts. Hmmmm maybe meaty potato based soups is the way to go over winter.

I wonder what happens to our blood chemistry during winter. Is there more fat floating around our systems in order to keep our organs warm and functioning? I suppose in groks time they did as much hunting and scavenging as possible in day light times in order to bring back food, build up body fat and sleep just to survive over winter. I mean what's the point of wasting food, energy and resources if you can't see what you are hunting or gathering? But the way will live and the foods sold to us today is actually doing us even more harm than good during the winter season.

Spotted this thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65412.html but it seems to have faded out. Will bump it up.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Hope to stick around for a very long time........ well at least until I drop dead ;-)
    As you know, death is nature's way of telling su to slow down. I was in Tolworth for the weekend, it being my daughter's birthday last Friday, Be there again next Thursday to the following Monday as it's my grandson's first. I'm away to Rutland Water this coming Saturday assessing some Duke of Edinburgh Award Bronze expedition teams.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Welcome Lash! My slow cooker is going to get a lot of use this winter. The spread of diabetes here is dreadful. My wife works in a diabetic eye screening clinic. I didn't realise before she started that it can quickly lead to blindness. Horrible, horrible disease.