Thread: 2 miscarriages, fell off wagon, hand bak on pls??!! page

newlife77 is offline Member

2 miscarriages, fell off wagon, hand bak on pls??!!

Shop Now
    Hi all,

Well as the title says, I've just suffered 2 early miscarriages (mc) in 4mths. The first one was a shock preg as we thought we were done with our two, 5 and 4yrs. But after the mc, I just longed to b pg again and have a then much wanted 3rd child - so fell pg pretty much straight away, just to mc again at 6wks. We decided something was against us and not to try again but....hormones...heart ruling head etc....let's just say its not 100% off yet.

Gonna go to Doc next wk to c if they can do anything - altho I doubt it cos here in the UK they won't c u until after 3mc and we can't afford private. I've been doing a lit of research and, altho I know it cud well just have been bad luck (chromosomes), I'm wondering if I have low progesterone. This actually means ur oestrogen dominent and I was eating a lot of non-organic meat (therefore pumped with hormones ) so I'm gonna ask if Doc wud support prog supps if I fell pg again. But will also try naturally with diet to sort this to.

Also, while all this was going on I fell off the PB wagon (shit!) but desperately want to get back on. Thing is, I haven't the strength to go cold turkey and go thru carb flu etc so was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to ease into this slowly but surely... I need to feel well again and need a much needed boost. Also any tips on preventing mc or fertility in general would be great if anyone out there has looked into this before?! It seems I easily get pg (have with all 4, kids and 2mc) but can't keep them lately ??!!

Thanku for any help, its much appreciated!

H x
    An English girl who's been on lots of different diets, weight gone up and down but always been a naturalist at heart and have always wondered why "Conventional Wisdom" diets don't allow you to eat red meat and nuts - that are purely natural things?! So feel I've found my niche in the PB/Paleo Lifestyle and really want to make this my way of life for good!!!

Thrakk is offline Junior Member
    I'm no doctor, so I need to say up front that what I say is in no way 'professional advice'.

There are waaaayyyy too many factors in fertility for someone to be able to give you accurate advice here. Pregnancy is very chancey, miscarriages are unfortunate but they are not uncommon and as you said, it could easily be bad luck. My advice would be to make sure you don't dig yourself into negativity, and don't fixate on self-diagnosis until you know for certain there is a problem. Research and self-education is good, but I've seen too many people get depressed because of their inaccurate self-diagnosis.

As far as getting back on the PB wagon, I started by cutting out food groups one at a time. Breads and pastas at first, which was the hardest part for me, then the rest soon followed easily enough. I made a few easy steps along the way, like simply switching my potatoes for sweet potatoes, and then reducing my intake of them over time (I was eating a LOT of sweet potatoes at first).

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for your losses. I would say the best way to get back to primal is to keep in mind that it's the healthiest thing for your baby if you do conceive again, and also could very well help maintain the pregnancy. As the above poster stated, there are so many reasons for miscarriages, so talk to your doctor and try to stay as stress-free as possible.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry for your losses too.

Just eat healthfully and get plenty of rest, and that's the best we can offer you here. You can try fertility charting to see if there's anything going on (fertility awareness method).

But beyond that, this is just your process, and there's not a lot that we can advise, really. You know best (with the help of your doctor and experts).

newlife77 is offline Member
    Thank you for your replies everybody xx

Thrakk, I think I shall try to stop obessing about a cause so much too - that was easier to do after one but after two you do start to ask the "whys" a lot more.... I think you're right also about cutting out a food group one by one to stop it feeling like such a blow!

Thanks again,
    H x
    An English girl who's been on lots of different diets, weight gone up and down but always been a naturalist at heart and have always wondered why "Conventional Wisdom" diets don't allow you to eat red meat and nuts - that are purely natural things?! So feel I've found my niche in the PB/Paleo Lifestyle and really want to make this my way of life for good!!!

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    There are a few natural ways you might be able to up your progesterone levels. I have used wild yam cream in the past for estrogen dominance issues. Some other helpful hints are to make sure you are getting enough zinc as it is helpful in promoting progesterone production. Also Copper can enhance estrogen while antagonizing progesterone production so make sure you minimize your copper intake. Chocolate, avocado's, and nuts all have plenty of copper.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals