Thread: Insanity page

johnny is offline Junior Member

Insanity

Shop Now
    Just wanted to ask is there anyone here that has done the exercise program Insanity and was eating Primal, where did you get your carb sources from for the energy you need to get through the program?

How did you feel eating Primal while doing Insanity?
    Did you follow the Insanity Food Guide instead of Primal?

Thanks

Blorton is offline Senior Member
    I've done the Insanity program, and actually waited until finishing it before going completely primal.

To be honest, it's a super chronic cardio system, and you would need to be above 100 grams of carbs a day to even have a chance of enough energy to get through it, especially the second month. The first month doesn't seem so bad most of the time since the routines are about 45 minutes long, but in the second month, they go well over an hour and your replenishment system will be taxed.

You can get enough carbs in the primal way with fruits. Pack in the apples, bananas, etc.

Good luck!

CheriB is offline Member
    I am currently doing Insanity, although I only do it a few days a week. I eat low carb and Insanity and other work outs (running, lifting, P90X) actually GIVE me energy to get through my very long days. I add frozen fruit to my protien shakes after hard workouts, but I don't notice a difference in my energy levels if I don't. I think I just use my workouts as an excuse to eat bananas.