Well, I have almost logged one full month on my Journey to Grokhood. For the most part it hasn't been that difficult really, I haven't struggled with the pasta's or the sugars, even though they are abundantly laid out in front of me almost daily. I haven't gotten my wife sold on the idea at all, hopefully she will see the results sometime in the future and be convinced, and if seeing doesn't do it for her then hopefully my next checkup at the doctors office will provide good enough feedback to assure her that I'm doing something right.

I'm 47 years old and feel like I'm at least 50 lbs heavier than I should be. I'm about 5'-10" and weighed 237 lbs when I started my journey. I have some definite cholesterol problems for which I was told to take statins and fish oil. I've never had high blood pressure, but I have wore a CPAP for a little over a year now, I'll be glad to get rid of that sometime in the near future. I've made attempts at weight loss in the past, but have always gained it back (and more). A couple of years ago I tried the South Beach and lost about 23 lbs, kept it off for a while but then succumbed. I recently started weight watchers, lost about 14lbs but I just hated having to count everything and log it, (I was doing the online thing) but I did find that counting things made you more aware of what you were putting away and tended to keep you honest.

I noticed some pics of a HS friend of mine on Facebook that had started HIIT training and he was looking really good, he told me about it and I did some youtube look ups to see what it was all about. I mentioned it to one of the guys in my office and he told me that he was trying to be Primal, , primal? Yeah, he gave me a copy of the Primal Blueprint and I haven't looked back. I eat up everything Mark says, except for the evolution stuff.

I've been doing the primary primal exercises at least 3 times per week and that along with eating primal almost all of the time....with the exception of some fried foods (zuchini and onion rings) wrapped in flour...otherwise I've been clean. I drink 1 cup of coffee each morning with some International Delight creamer, but other than that I only drink water. I was a little disappointed in not loosing weight a little faster, but I'm sticking in there. I've lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks, tomorrow I weigh in again, hopefully I can drop at least another pound.
I have full intentions of seeing this through, to loose weight and become a healthier individual.

To all of you that are on this journey, please wish me well.