Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Journey to Grokhood page 3

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It took a while for my husband to really join me in this, but now that he has he does not want to go back to how we were eating. Be patient and give it time.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Hey there... a couple of ideas for you:

Add a couple of tbls of EVOO to your taco salads... and ditch that fake creamer crap for real heavy whipping cream (pastured if you can find it), a few drops of vanilla, and a touch of either organic sugar or honey. All the taste, more actual fat, and no chemical shit storm!

I personally use unsalted grass-fed butter and MCT oil in my coffee... but, it is an acquired taste, for sure.

When you cook veggies, be sure to use those nice bacon drippings from breakfast to cook/season them. Add more GF butter, too, to taste.

You are a guy (obviously), so the occasional IF might work for you, too.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I do use coconut oil as a moisturizer and it is amazing. I also use it to cook and it is very good. Get chicken wings (preferably organic), pour coconut oil all over them, be generous. Season w/ salt and pepper. Broil skin side down for 15 minutes, flip over and cook another 10 or so minutes, remove put whatever sauce/seasoning you want and cook for another five minutes. I will toss them in Braggs liquid aminos and sesame seeds. And I like them crispy so you might want to check and adjust for yourself. Just one thing you can use coconut oil for
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Ah Friday....I just love Friday's.

Started off today with a two egg western omlet and a cup of joe with Intl Delight creamer
    Lunch time went to Fox and Hound and had a Bacon Cheeseburger (less bun) and sweet potato fries w/water

I went hunting this afternoon but only saw one deer, nice buck but I jumped it up on my way to my stand....bummer.

This evening I made myself a three egg omlet with bacon, onion, and bell pepper. I cooked it in coconut oil for the first time, could not even tell a difference from olive oil....at least in the taste. I think I'll stick to using it this way instead of in my coffee I also had a handful of almonds.
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    These all sound super good - I'm going to have to try a few of these. Any advice on how to keep the peppers vertical while cooking them?
    Yes.... get some kabob sticks and spear the peppers like kabobs. You need 2 ,,,,, run the spears through the kabobs and place over on oven safe dish. You need 2 so that they don't spin.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Thanks PP! I'll have to give those a try sooner than later! Jeffybear - so jealous you got a chance to get out hunting already! I have to wait until Nov. for the season to start where I am - can't wait for the opportunity to fill the freezer with healthy game meat again!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Had to make a trip down into the heartland of Kentucky today to visit my wife's dad in the hospital. Although I ate no breads I did consume quite a bit of fried foods...and I'm paying for it now, I feel miserable. Stopped on the way down this morning and since I didn't have breakfast I got a Vanilla cappuccino that tasted much more like a very sweet hot chocolate. I was able to get in at least a mile walk, but that was the extent of the exercise. Gonna be late in getting back home tomorrow too...
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Yes....Yes....Yes, I know you can't see it, but Jeffy is fully involved in a Bear dance right now.

I dropped 2 lbs this week. I worked hard at it and felt good about it, but the last couple of days sitting around the hospital and eating at buffet's had me worried that I might have set myself back, even though I had stayed clear of most carbs and sugars. I thought I may have ate too much meat.
    Glad this wasn't the case and I was rewarded for some basic hard work earlier in the week.
    Last edited by Jeffybear; 10-15-2012 at 08:14 AM.
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Well, didn't really lose anything this week as far as weight goes, I got the scale to tell me what I wanted to hear once, but that was it, otherwise it was either stable or higher than last week....so I'm sticking with the idea that it was stable. Haven't had much of a chance to do much exercise either, but I was able to kick my numbers up the last week.

Exercise:
    50 Jumping Jacks
    20 reps x 3 sets Push-ups
    40 reps x 2 sets Squats
    1.5 min x 2 sets plank
    20 reps x 2 sets situps
    and a walk

Got to get started doing pullups
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236