Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Journey to Grokhood page 2

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Ditto on the fat and I wonder if you are eating enough in general?
    David, I'm definitely eating enough to where I'm not hungry, but I'm having a problem finding a good program where I can list what I eat. I tried FitDay but definitely was not impressed, especially with response times. I tried another program called Cronometer.com, but not sure I'm impressed with it too much either. What do you guys recommend? I currently have a WW account and they have a pretty good food DB and tool, but this is the last month that I will pay $18 to have it. These programs really help me quite a bit. Cronometer has a paleo scale, but it seems they don't have alot of foods in their DB and it's a little clunky.
    I did stop by the store tonight and picked up some coconut oil and some cashew butter

Quote Originally Posted by missennah View Post
    And I would add some veggies to that breakfast as well
    Hmmm, veggies at breakfast.....what do you recommend? The only time I have veggies for breakfast is when I eat an omlet at work, I usually get a Western, but at home during school days my wife always fixes eggs and bacon.
    Primal since 27 August 2012
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Non exercise day

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 1 piece of bacon, water

morning snack: cup of joe with 3 tablespoons of International Delight creamer

Lunch: Salad plate with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, black olives, 1/2 cup cottage cheese 3 cubes of pineapple with 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette

afternoon snack: small apple and a handful of red grapes

Dinner: Maybe 2oz of leftover venison, 1 1/2 cups of steamed okra, and about a cup of something my daughter put together, something like a taco bake (corn chips top and bottom, some tomato, cream of chicken soup and chicken chunks)

after dinner snack: 1/2 teaspoon of cashew butter (that will take some getting used too) and a sliver of coconut oil (I think I'd rather rub this on my face than eat it )
    Last edited by Jeffybear; 10-10-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jeffybear,
    Looks like you have a good handle on the primal lifestyle. Keep up the great work and you will be at your goal weight in no time! Welcome to the primal lifestyle!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

missennah is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffybear View Post
    David, I'm definitely eating enough to where I'm not hungry, but I'm having a problem finding a good program where I can list what I eat. I tried FitDay but definitely was not impressed, especially with response times. I tried another program called Cronometer.com, but not sure I'm impressed with it too much either. What do you guys recommend? I currently have a WW account and they have a pretty good food DB and tool, but this is the last month that I will pay $18 to have it. These programs really help me quite a bit. Cronometer has a paleo scale, but it seems they don't have alot of foods in their DB and it's a little clunky.
    I did stop by the store tonight and picked up some coconut oil and some cashew butter

Hmmm, veggies at breakfast.....what do you recommend? The only time I have veggies for breakfast is when I eat an omlet at work, I usually get a Western, but at home during school days my wife always fixes eggs and bacon.
    If I make fried eggs, I always make some fried tomatoes on the pan as well. Otherwise I eat bell pepper, leftovers from dinner etc.
    ...The grass is always greener where you water it...

Lost 35 kilos and 121 centimetres since 25 May 2012
    My journal

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Lots of people here use Paleotrack.com, obviously Paleo centered. I've been using Fitday for awhile so I am used to its quirks.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast with veggies is EASY, though mine usually involve having eggs.... A spinach omelette. Or one with roasted peppers... Or, and I have done this twice ( but I allow myself some dairy ).... get some BIG Anaheim peppers. Cut the stem of and take out the seeds if you don't want them.... Stuff it with COOKED bacon and cheese. Put in the oven at 500 degrees until the peppers get nice and charred. You will have to keep them vertical while cooking so they don't ooze out all of the cheese.

I also scramble eggs with chopped asparagus.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    Breakfast with veggies is EASY, though mine usually involve having eggs.... A spinach omelette. Or one with roasted peppers... Or, and I have done this twice ( but I allow myself some dairy ).... get some BIG Anaheim peppers. Cut the stem of and take out the seeds if you don't want them.... Stuff it with COOKED bacon and cheese. Put in the oven at 500 degrees until the peppers get nice and charred. You will have to keep them vertical while cooking so they don't ooze out all of the cheese.

I also scramble eggs with chopped asparagus.
    These all sound super good - I'm going to have to try a few of these. Any advice on how to keep the peppers vertical while cooking them?
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by missennah View Post
    And I would add some veggies to that breakfast as well
    Alright, so this morning I added a few things to my normal fare. I added bell pepper and onions to my eggs (I know, not much but it's a start and it was an easy addition), I've got to plan these meals out more and have stuff ready to add as I'm usually in a hurry in the mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    The one thing that sticks out to me is you need more fat. Try coconut oil in your coffee.
    I tried this this morning too, probably a teaspoon. Not sure I really cared for it too much though. I still had to add a little flavored creamer and I put it down, but just not sure I can stick with this.
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

I can't do the coconut oil in the coffee either - it does not taste right to me. A handful of almonds adds some fat to the diet as well, or you can cook your eggs in the coconut oil. I found that shortly after I started this lifestyle I started to prefer my coffee black, and my steaks a little more rare - not sure what the connection is. I know a few people who get their fat from drinking cream instead of milk but again I can't do it. There are lots of ways to get the fat intake up.

Well, here is what transpired today.

Food:
    Breakfast: 2 egg scrambled with onions and bell peppers and 2 pieces of bacon, water
    Morn snack: cup of joe with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of creamer
    Lunch: Don Pablo's Chicken & Steak Fajita w/lettuce, cheese, guacamole, tomato (also about 10 chips to dip in queso blanco), water
    Afternoon snack: handful of almonds
    Dinner: 2 small chicken breasts and nice helping of Brussels sprouts, 1 cup of applesauce, water

Exercise:
    Set 1: 18 push-ups, 40 squats, 1.5 min plank, 20 sit-ups
    Set 2: 18 push-ups, 40 squats, 1.5 min plank, 20 sit-ups
    Then 18 more push-ups and 1/2 mile walk

I hope to add in pull-ups next week

Pretty good day, although I felt a little guilty for eating so many chips at Don Pablos. This is a breeze really, wish I could convince my wife to join me....maybe in time.
    Last edited by Jeffybear; 10-11-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    Age 47
    Height 5'10"
    SW 236
    PW 223
    GW 185

My Journal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast