Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pork....greatest food ever? page 5

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm enjoying local pork, especially the odd bits
    Grill snout ready to be chopped

To make Sisig (crispy fried snout, ears and beef liver)

Braised and grilled trotters

Coppa di testa (face bacon)

Pig tongue confit is in the sous vide

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Oh man this thread is making my mouth water. Pork belly is one of the most amazing cuts. God bless the Chinese for their ability to cook belly to perfection.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I just don't like pork that much. We buy a hog, and my folks always look forward to the pork roasts, soups, stews, etc, but I would rather have liver. (Shrug) We are having the leftover pork hocks today, I will probably mix what is left with veggies, and everyone will be super happy. It is easy to get pastured pork here, and nearly impossible to get lamb. I wish it was vice versa!!! Lamb is my favorite meat, and I miss it so much. It is sooooo expensive here, and next spring whole lambs are already sold out from the farmers I contacted. Zut.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i love lamb too, leida, and finding pastured, grass-fed is pretty easy for me. ground lamb can be had pretty cheaply, as can lamb tongues. it's the chops that are too spendy to have often.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

No, not here in AB. I was explained by the whole-sale supplier of the grass-fed meats that we have shortage of lamb in AB. Our climate is harsh and the animals often die. We are beef and pork country, chickens are easy too. But lamb... last year all I was able to secure at a non-scary prices was 'sweet and sour ribs' stuff. This year I will try to call her in March to do a bulk order of ground lamb (she was out last year in June). I just sent e-mails in August to every lamb supplier listed at the lamb farmer's site, and got the "We are sold out in July for next March orders'...

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

I am in Canada, not States.

i realize that. is shipping to ab not possible because of border/customs issues? distance obvz isn't a factor thanks to fedex.

Ernest Hemingway

Shipping charges is not something I am willing to pay on my food. I can buy NZ lamb here or more expensive cuts from the whole-sale provider, it just going to be... yeah, expensive. I just wish there was cheap and abundant lamb locally. Failing that, I am loading the freezer with what's available here

nz lamb is grass-fed and while i appreciate wanting to support local farmers, i'd rather buy the nz than go without.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 09-24-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast