Thread: Hip Pain page

Saoirse is online now Senior Member

Lower back/hip/abdominal pain

Shop Now
    Whine!!

Thursday evening I bumped into the corner of a countertop. My hip caught under/hit the bottom of the counter top and caused a flash of pretty intense pain. Then last night, I was goofing off with the family (read: doing stupid shit) and I picked up my husband who weighs a good 30 # more than I do. Yes, I know, stupid. I thought if he was too heavy, I'd just drop him. I immediately felt a sharp pain in that hip and put him down after maybe 10 seconds. This morning I woke up in severe hip, abdominal, and lower back pain, radiating from that hip bone. What have I done? What should I do?
    Last edited by Saoirse; 09-22-2012 at 02:56 PM.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    I would recommend that you contact your M.D. or the nearest ER if you can't see your Doc. It sounds as if you either tore something or might have got yourself a hernia. Best case you have a bad bruise that will take a bit to heal. But if there is a real injury, you would be better to find out sooner than later.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Hope your feeling better.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Could be a knot. Try to massage it out.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.