Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i have a hard time... page 2

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    i feel like this is always my downfall. i dont plan enough, and end up giving up.
    Seems like your downfall is over-planning rather than not planning enough.
    Planning all your meals throughout the week sounds stressful.
    If your goal is to lose weight, keep in mind that stress could prevent you from doing just that.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Moll is offline Member
    No need to apologize - I have the same problem understanding how people can just EAT without being cognizant of the makeup of their food. To me it's much easier to relax and feel secure about eating when I know what I'm getting. I feel like maybe some people's bodies are more intuitive (or at least they're more self-aware of their needs by simply feeling them), and some people need the freedom to enjoy food because they've calculated what they need and are confident they're getting it. I also don't anticipate needing to count calories and nutrients permanently because it will become more of a habit and a little more intuitive over time. But I also don't worry if I'm not meeting my "needs" precisely every single day as long as I feel like I'm in a decent range over time. And that's another benefit for me of monitoring - long term pattern emergence and visibility.

Amber is offline Junior Member
    for me, whats stressful is not knowing. stress is not having a plan, and constantly wondering if i am "doing it right". my peace is in structure and routine. i have chronic medical conditions, a disabled child, and i am a full time student. my time is best spent when i have a plan and know whats going on and what i should expect next. maybe im just a weirdo? moll i will pm you my info.

healthy4me is offline Junior Member
    Well I was here while back overanalyzed it all, fell so far off the good wagon and then back on to a degree. I am having a hard time figureing out how much of what to eat. I understand fat, protein, carbs. and only good carbs. but still confused. I am to the point that i am not eating enough cos don't know what to do. I am also getting tired, depressed, weepy and sure it is from lack of food. I have salad fixins in fridge, meat in freezer but am craving carbs. big time craving going on.
    So Moll if you can figure out my needs I would love it. I am 55 sedentary right now as have sciatica big time, 5'6 190lbs oh and female. Also my wrist ratio if you want to know bone structure puts me at very mig med to big boned.
    Thanks and hubby says stop analyzing it and just don't eat carbs. needless to say he isn't on this with me at all, suport if I want but don't ask me to not eat bread.
    Thanks anyone!

Moll is offline Member
    healthy4me - i'll try and help you out tomorrow
    for me, cold turkey was best for quitting carbs. i think that having any starchy carbs - breads, white potatoes, grains of any kind...that'll increase my cravings like mad. it took a solid 3 weeks for my cravings to calm down but i feel SO MUCH BETTER now. good luuck!!!!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    If you prefer to plan and such, that's no big deal. It puts a lot of people off, but if you like it, then there's no harm in doing it.

I eat between 1500-1700 calories per day depending upon where I am in my cycle. I have odd days of less than 500 (or no food) and odd days of 2000 or so, too -- those might happen a couple of times month. This is because I don't actually count and such and just follow how I feel. So, I'm not like you. LOL

I'm also not trying to loose weight or anything, but Mark has a whole bunch of great blogs on how to get started on your specific goals. I do a basic primal blueprint/maintenance. Nothing too special.

Then the ratios are 40-50% fat, 25-30% protein; 25-30% carbohydrate.

And from there, you can easily plan your meals.

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    If you'd like a week menu check Weekly Paleo Meal Plan | Elana's Pantry

healthy4me is offline Junior Member
    Thanks and I agree I have to not have any or the cravings don't leave. Doing great today and hasn't been hard so far. I have been doing it for few months other than this past week for some reason.
    So back on track once again..........

carlvennt is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My advice is that whatever you eat should be healthy and should provide the essential nutrients to the body for its growth.Instead of 3 larger meals you can go for various submeals at regular interval of time a day.This will help in digestion and you will not feel tired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12