Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Belle Starting Primal! page

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member

Southern Belle Starting Primal!

Shop Now
    Hey Yall!
    So, I'm tired of being tired all the time and having cravings all the time.
    Being here in the south, switching to primal has not been easy. Eating and going out to eat is the thing to do.
    I've had to re learn how to cook. Did yall know how much carbs and gravy we get use to eating?!

I'm 25 and I don't want my world to revolve around food. I want to feel good and be able to go out and see the world! I don't want to plan a vacation around where we're gonna eat (my family does that).

I want to re program my brain from how I've always thought about food. And being here in the South, that hasn't been easy.

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

And good luck! From my general knowledge of country food, going primal while staying in the south will defenitely be a challenge, so more power to you for going against the grain like that. Anything you need advice or support, we're here for you

Thanks! Lol yeah, here in the south at restaurants, mac and cheese and dumplings is on the list of vegetable sides. I think its going to be harder going over to my family's house than anything. Because my grandmother takes it personal if you do not eat a ton a of everything.

My husband is pretty much on board with me. There are things he is not going to be so strict on, but he has made an amazing change already with his diet so I'm not complaining. And he will eat anything I cook so I don't worry in that department.

divadevilsmom is offline Junior Member
    Welcome Anna Katherine! I am from Mississippi and live in Mobile, Alabama now. I understand your plight! Going to out to eat is one thing I learned is best not to do but on occasion. Everything is battered and fried and if it isn't then it's pasta or potatoes! I cook primarily all the time. My biggest issue has been finding and affording quality meats. When you don't live in an area that has active year round farmer's markets and local farms that raise meat animals you have to resort to the grocery store...and well, that can be a disappointment in and of itself! I wish you luck and hope you can manage to get around family who may not agree with the way you've decided to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by divadevilsmom View Post
    Welcome Anna Katherine! I am from Mississippi and live in Mobile, Alabama now. I understand your plight! Going to out to eat is one thing I learned is best not to do but on occasion. Everything is battered and fried and if it isn't then it's pasta or potatoes! I cook primarily all the time. My biggest issue has been finding and affording quality meats. When you don't live in an area that has active year round farmer's markets and local farms that raise meat animals you have to resort to the grocery store...and well, that can be a disappointment in and of itself! I wish you luck and hope you can manage to get around family who may not agree with the way you've decided to eat.
    Hey! I'm an hour south of Jackson. The restaurants that stay in business around here are the southern buffets. And the best stores I have to choose from is Walmart and Piggly Wiggly.

Yeah, family is gonna be tough.

divadevilsmom is offline Junior Member
    Wow, do you live in Crystal Springs or Brookhaven? Maybe McComb? I'm from Monticello and a lot of my family lives in the Brookhaven/Wesson area.

Quote Originally Posted by divadevilsmom View Post
    Wow, do you live in Crystal Springs or Brookhaven? Maybe McComb? I'm from Monticello and a lot of my family lives in the Brookhaven/Wesson area.
    Omg haha I'm in Brookhaven!

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Now I don't feel alone lol. Born and raised in Montgomery, Al. Living in the lowcountry now, Beaufort, SC. I understand how hard it is to eat right in the south with the fried chicken obsession and all lol. I've cooked in tons of restaurants as well, everything they serve is terrible! Glad to have you on the forums and good luck to you
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    Now I don't feel alone lol. Born and raised in Montgomery, Al. Living in the lowcountry now, Beaufort, SC. I understand how hard it is to eat right in the south with the fried chicken obsession and all lol. I've cooked in tons of restaurants as well, everything they serve is terrible! Glad to have you on the forums and good luck to you
    Hi! Thanks! Yeah, I feel like I'm having to re learn how to cook!

tomboy2322 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I just joined up too. I'm only three days into primal. I am from SC. Its insane. Do any of y'all really have issues missing your sweet tea? And I am already worried about Thanksgiving, cause like you said, my grandma will take it personal. Anyway Hey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast