Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HIT, HIIT...or HIIRT page 2

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    40BPM is dangerously low.... I'd be a little concerned there, Nigel. ;-) Even very well-trained athletes will typically have a HR closer to the 50-55 mark.

HIIRT basically sounds like supersetting your exercises? Deadlift Dan, you are brutal if you can do a few sets of your heavy lift, accessory work, and THEN a 2-3 round circuit. How many accessory lifts are you doing?

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    the fact that you started at 60 which is also very good and moved to 40 means that either you have great genetics or there might be an issue with your heart. Any way congratulations on your progress but if you are feeling light headed and overly tired get to a doctor and have them run an electrocardiogram assessment.
    Thanks. I only tend to feel really light headed after 1.5 litres of vino collapso. Had an electrocardiogram years ago and it was fine, appreciate the concern though. Thought I'd hit a weight plateau at the 44lbs mark but was 195lbs Monday from the 240 start point in March.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    40BPM is dangerously low.... I'd be a little concerned there, Nigel. ;-) Even very well-trained athletes will typically have a HR closer to the 50-55 mark.
    Nah, it was in the low 40ies years ago when I trained for a fell race. The Cheviot 2000 is 22 miles over eleven hills of over 2,000 feet, about a third of it being peat bog. Teams of three, once a year. I had a nine mile circuit that I would jog round carrying a rucksack. Wish I'd known about HIT and Body by Science back then, it would have saved me hours and hours.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12