Thread: Birthday Cake? Naw, A Juicy Steak with Candles page

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member

Birthday Cake? Naw, A Juicy Steak with Candles

Primal Fuel
    Yesterday I went over to the outlaws place (in-laws) for my FIL's birthday "party". It is tradition in Grokmomma's family to have ice cream and cake for birthdays. I only asked for a piece about 2 inches square and no ice cream. I only accepted a piece to be nice. I anticipated the massive sugar shock but I wasn't expecting the strong chemical taste from the frosting and what not. The nasty chemical taste lingered for almost 30 minutes later. I used to like cake. Especially red velvet cake (my wife used to make the best RVC) but now that my taste buds have recovered and enjoy primal meals I realized how bad this stuff really taste. I am honestly considering not having cake for my upcoming birthday in December. Maybe a big fat grass fed steak smothered with butter sauteed shrooms and onions topped off with 39 candles on top for this year instead. I hope I don't get butter and onions on everybody when I blow out the candles.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    meatloaf (meatcake) would work better
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, or how about one of those crown roasts, with the little frills on the sticking up bones? That would look very festive.

For myself, I'm thinking a beautiful sashimi platter, with my name spelled out in roe.

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    I know that chemical taste you mentioned. My family has a great birthday meal tradition of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and LeSeure brand peas going back 3 generations. We also have ice cream cake but it's the meatloaf, taters, and peas that we all look forward to.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Who declared cake the official birthday food anyways? Screw it.

On your birthday, you should eat whatever YOU want. Think of the most delicious, healthy, fat-full meal you can.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Who declared cake the official birthday food anyways? Screw it.

On your birthday, you should eat whatever YOU want. Think of the most delicious, healthy, fat-full meal you can.
    Yeah I won't miss cake and ice cream either.

Well I think I just had my dream bday meal mentioned above. The damn thing was sitting in about 1/8 inch of melted butter. Perfectly done inside. The only thing it didn't have was candles. Lucky for me I could eat all of the steak and the veggies so I saved the rest to have with breakfast. Wifey had the exact same thing tonight (except hers didn't have shrooms) so I get to enjoy that meal again tomorrow night. Happy "birthday" to me.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.