Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Advice on how to be a primal vegeterian? page 4

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    I didn't say there was anything worng with being a pescetarian, but my argument is that the bulk of the diet was meat (fish, game, ect.), never plant BASED. I didn't say they didn't eat plants, but it would never have made up the bulk. Except with the recent article about the mutation in the reseach section, but you see how much good that did for those people.
    Well I guess my point is that you can be primal without other sources of meat IF you eat fish. Obviously you'd have to eat a lot more fish than someone who also eats beef, lamb, chicken etc. I would agree our ancestors would have generally had a more animal based diet, BUT it would also have depended on where they lived. In the tropics it would have been quite easy to get fruit year round, not so much for those living further north or south, who wouldn't have had a lot of vegetative matter to eat during the colder months of the year.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    I would think wild fish is a much better meat source than grain fed, store bought beef.

We have beef focusing on different wild fish and have just ordered 100lbs of grain fed hormone free beef - can't wait!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    I would think wild fish is a much better meat source than grain fed, store bought beef.

We have beef focusing on different wild fish and have just ordered 100lbs of grain fed hormone free beef - can't wait!
    Nice, I agree wild fish is better but for me personally it comes down to what I can afford. I get $300 a month to eat off. Eventually I want to start buying whole sides of animals and killing my own wild game game, but for my age my diet is drastically better than any given 18 year old. Of course with fish you would have to eat much more as its not as calorie dense. We aren't as fortunate as the Inuit who pulled in nets upon nets of fresh fish daily
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Did you know...
    Mark Sisson's own wife is pescatarinan primal. I'm pretty sure it's not considered "retarded", and is likely actually completely 100% Primal Approved.
    He's the ... The author of The Primal Blueprint and awesome dude who runs this site, hint: Mark's Daily Apple, FYI.

And also... What Betorq said.
    Many early humans lived in tropical/subtropical climates as well, and had access to fish/shell fish, fruits, tubers, and greens during seasonal shifts throughout the year. Not a stretch to think that humans would have eaten them.
    Yep, and he has a son that's a VEGAN, and a daughter that eat Primal Blueprint style. Go to first page of blog, type "vegan" in the search box, and look for Mark's articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    Actually there's some evidence that the first humans subsisted mostly on fish for their source of protein. Ergo, having a pescetarian diet is perfectly primal .
    Bingo! Fish/shellfish very important. And, if anyone is eating just meat/fat without the accompanying offal/brains/eyes/marrow, they are not eating what our ancestors ate.

Quote Originally Posted by lissee View Post
    The vegetarians I know watch their fat intake like a hawk! And they are huge sugar burners! Sweets, sweets, sweets, and carby things.
    Vegetarians loves their bread. It's their bacon!

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    One thing you could do for her is eat extra bacon yourself and save the bacon fat and put it in the fridge for her to use. That way she'd be able to enjoy the awesome flavor of bacon in her veggies and eggs without actually having to eat any meat.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Eventually I want to start buying whole sides of animals and killing my own wild game game, but for my age my diet is drastically better than any given 18 year old.
    Great~ another arrogant teenager who thinks he knows everything! I've been reading your posts the last 7 weeks~ not impressed with your attitude. Look kid~ we've all traveled the know-it-all road at one time or another. If you wish to learn about PB asap, ask respectful questions instead of trumpeting your ignorance.

Lorena is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post
    One thing you could do for her is eat extra bacon yourself and save the bacon fat and put it in the fridge for her to use. That way she'd be able to enjoy the awesome flavor of bacon in her veggies and eggs without actually having to eat any meat.
    And bacon is the gateway meat....

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
    And bacon is the gateway meat....
    True dat.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Nice, I agree wild fish is better but for me personally it comes down to what I can afford. I get $300 a month to eat off.
    $300 for one person for food for a month is pretty damn good, if you ask me...yes, I get that you're an 18 year old guy and probably eat more than I do, but I remember back when I had money and bought wild-caught fish and grass-fed beef, and I STILL only spent $150 a month on food, $200 tops...my point is just that you could probably incorporate some into your diet if you really wanted to. I always feel a lot better when I eat good quality seafood, anyways.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234