Page 97 of 451 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 97

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    is a paved road what we call a sealed road? funny how we all speak english but use different terms for things.
    road made with asphalt or concrete in American english is a paved road, probably what you would call a sealed road, as opposed to a dirt road or a gravel/shingle road.
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 04-15-2013 at 12:47 AM.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    ah yes. we have dirt roads where i go walking. i totally love dirt roads. they really do wreck cars and my car is constantly dusty. especially since it is black. some days you cant even read the back plate it is that dirty. i can recognise all the neighbour's cars from miles off in town due to the road dirt too LOL

ah yes. we have dirt roads where i go walking. i totally love dirt roads. they really do wreck cars and my car is constantly dusty. especially since it is black. some days you cant even read the back plate it is that dirty. i can recognise all the neighbour's cars from miles off in town due to the road dirt too LOL
    Since it is spring here, pollen is EVERYWHERE... and all of the cars/trucks have a yellowish/green hue to them from all the pollen... It kinda looks like the end result of a dirt road drive....

LOL we get drifts of macrocarpa pollen in the inlet sometimes that look like someone has spilt primrose coloured paint. my dad and my sister got hay fever but thankfully i never have managed to acquire it. would really suck to try to exercise in pollen season.

LOL we get drifts of macrocarpa pollen in the inlet sometimes that look like someone has spilt primrose coloured paint. my dad and my sister got hay fever but thankfully i never have managed to acquire it. would really suck to try to exercise in pollen season.
    yes.... it does.... I've had allergies since I was a kid... and this time of year kills me.. runny nose, stuffy head, itchy eyes.... fortunately running opens all that up and I can breathe through my nose.... until I stop and then I get all blocked up again...

have you found going grain free has helped? dad got hay fever when he was in his late 60s from being celiac and not being very good at not eating bread. sounds like you need to keep running LOL

have you found going grain free has helped? dad got hay fever when he was in his late 60s from being celiac and not being very good at not eating bread. sounds like you need to keep running LOL
    I'm not sure if being grain free has helped. I probably ought to look in to that. It would be cheaper to not eat grains that to keep taking over the counter medications, though I only do that when I am really feeling crappy.

Should keep running for no other reason than to reduce my waistline....

i cant run right now so i am still very twitchy. the psychological implications of not being able to run away are very deep and disturbing LOL i do find a bit of running does keep the waistline down and not nasty chronic cardio running either. and it is bizzare as caloriewise it doesnt burn that many calories. i would stop doing anything if i knew it would prevent me having to take OTC meds. well other than going away fishing.

i cant run right now so i am still very twitchy. the psychological implications of not being able to run away are very deep and disturbing LOL i do find a bit of running does keep the waistline down and not nasty chronic cardio running either. and it is bizzare as caloriewise it doesnt burn that many calories. i would stop doing anything if i knew it would prevent me having to take OTC meds. well other than going away fishing.
    Yeah, I'm not in to the chronic cardio stuff either. On my long runs I keep the pace slow enough that I can carry on a conversation (not that I have anyone to talk to) but I do listen to music and sometimes sing bits and pieces of the tunes I'm listening too.... not that there is anyone to hear me sing either! thankfully! lol

PrimalCon New York
    i call a 7 mile run chronic cardio LOL but then i am lazy when it comes to that sort of repetitive stuff. on that subject, how are the KB swings going?