Page 95 of 504 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 95

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I used work with a guy and we called him the Doctor, because he was a lazy bastard and he would 'do little', he never worked it out, he thought it was because we thought he was clever!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Seas I could not call him Doc - then I would get all confused with this Doc and that Doc - and then suddenly the internet lines would become blurred........................ No - I will stick with Horse...........nnnneeeiiiggghhhhh................ ......
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Gorgeous day here. comfortable temp, light breeze, mostly sunny. Great day for gardening. Planted some more beets, spinach, turnips, rutabaga, lettuce, arugula, carrots, parsnipsand radish. Had some broccoli transplants that needed to be planted, so they went in, along with some raddichio, and swiss chard. I'm off to the feed store to get some chicken feed and some bean seed.

Checked on the peas that I planted and put row cover over. Came up kinda sparsely, but atleast a good number of them came up.

Will be time to till the rows between the beds soon to cut the weeds down.

No rest for the wicked, I guess.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    you are righth again Doc - no rest for the wicked !!!!!!!
    Your garden really does sound awesome and I hope those peas thicken up. We used to grow seed peas. I think once harvested they would be put into little packets and sold to the home gardener. Huge money if the crop worked out well. But I am talking 30 acres or some such number !!!!!!
    Its only 5.30am here but I am hoping that we have a nice day so I can get into the vege garden............... we shall see..............

How are the KBs etc coming along ??????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    beaut day here yesterday and looking like it wil be the same today. the kids dug up the maori potatoes in my remnant vege garden yesterday *sob* between the drought and the horse, we got half a bucket. they were all sorts of multicoloured shapes and sizes. very pretty indeed. i will need to save most for seed as they are very difficult to buy. we also noticed my volunteer pumpkin in the compost heap has some pumpkins on the size of a 2kg medecine ball. that is about 5lbs to you Doc. usually it is too cold here in the summer for us to get big pumpkins and i havent been able to water anything. interestingly horses and sheep and rabbits dont eat pumpkin plants either!!!

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    I'm surprised you'd be shockd... SEALS are well trained walking bags of testosterone... they are very primal guys....
    MMMMM....I will add them to my list; Cowboys, firemen and SEALS....oh my!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Sunday:

Long slow run day... 7 miles at 14 min/mile. Legs feel pretty good, a little stiff but not too bad. Probably need to work on stretching on non-run days to keep the muscles loose.

Grandkids came over for a couple of hours on Sunday.. they have a great time feeding bread to to chickens and collecting eggs. They are 4... so anything that they dont do every day is exciting.... just wait until they are older and I can put them to work weeding the garden! woo hoo!! free labor!!!!

Spent the rest of the day doing frikin taxes... frikin IRS bastages..... It's not like the gubamint cant just print more... why do they need MY money????

i've been thinking i need to stretch more. do your legs get less stiff the more you run or does it remain at a continually level?

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i've been thinking i need to stretch more. do your legs get less stiff the more you run or does it remain at a continually level?
    Waaaaaay back in the dark ages when I was in the Navy and was running alot (for me anyway) the more miles I racked up the tighter my hammies got.... and I developed ilio-tibial band tightness which is what caused my to stop running, and I didn't start running again for many years....

there is a really good ITB stretch you can get mrs Sub to do with you. it is nasty painful but it works well. i could send you a link to a you-tube but you said you dont do them. so sit on a chair or a bench and put one foot up across the middle of the other thigh. sort of like a half cross legged pose. then bend forward and get mrs sub to lean on your back to push you down more. hold for at least 30 secs then do the other leg. it is totally pleasurably painful. you will love it!