Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 91 of 759 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Shop Now
    20lbs is just over 9kgs i think? i could def swing one of them as we have 10kg ones at the gym i have tried but i would die of boredom way before the 12 mins were up. or get some kind of repetitive strain injury on my shoulders.

you are one sick puppy!
    hell no! i just like certain types of pain. it's way more fun than swinging a KB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i just like certain types of pain.
    Why am I not surprised! lol

20lbs is just over 9kgs i think? i could def swing one of them as we have 10kg ones at the gym i have tried but i would die of boredom way before the 12 mins were up. or get some kind of repetitive strain injury on my shoulders.
    yes just over 9 kg. I think you ay be right about the boring factor, which is why I am going to break it up to 3 sets of up to 4 minutes.... even that will seem an eternity. The 20 swings I did were in the 1 minute range...

Thanks Gwamma, it's used to be my favourite curry, before I turned from the darkside and saw the light!

And you're right Doc, 12 minutes of that nonesense is hard core, I try and get about 7 to 8 minutes of swings in the 12 minutes, try and do the 200 snatches in 10 minutes, that gets the old jam tart going, easier to collect eggs I canl tell ee!!

Keep your chin up old boy, nights are a bummer, glad I don't do um anymore, at least you got this lack of seriousness to keep you going?!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Thanks Gwamma, it's used to be my favourite curry, before I turned from the darkside and saw the light!

And you're right Doc, 12 minutes of that nonesense is hard core, I try and get about 7 to 8 minutes of swings in the 12 minutes, try and do the 200 snatches in 10 minutes, that gets the old jam tart going, easier to collect eggs I canl tell ee!!

Keep your chin up old boy, nights are a bummer, glad I don't do um anymore, at least you got this lack of seriousness to keep you going?!

Cheers
    there is no lie there... I have a serious lack of seriousness going on!

I think I will start practicing doing snatches and presses next month.... I want to try and get at least a month of base conditioning in before I start to work on those.

yes just over 9 kg. I think you ay be right about the boring factor, which is why I am going to break it up to 3 sets of up to 4 minutes.... even that will seem an eternity. The 20 swings I did were in the 1 minute range...
    not wanting to suggest the obvious but is there anything else you can do instead? i did see a good you-tube on clubbelling where they did sprint tabatas interspersed with flag presses. so you did a sprint to and from something and then 1 minute of flag presses. sprint back and forth again and more flag presses. i have serious ADD so no way no how would i be doing 12 mins of swings even if i am physically capable of doing it. note how i studiously ignored the smart remark about my masochistic tendencies i am way way too defiant to be that good at masochism, but show me the silk ropes and i may just pretend for a while!

but show me the silk ropes and i may just pretend for a while!
    hmmmm the thoughts that run through my head...... lol
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 04-12-2013 at 01:53 AM.

i wont encourage you by discussing my love of leather belts either LOL have you tried you-tubing cool KB workouts? i have found some unreal clubbell stuff on you-tube. i particularly like the ones where they explain the biomechanical angle. i am really enjoying my bodyweight workout stuff. and i did 2 chinups in a row on the side of the soccer goal in the paddock near where i get the kids from school today.

Shop Now
    i wont encourage you by discussing my love of leather belts either LOL have you tried you-tubing cool KB workouts? i have found some unreal clubbell stuff on you-tube. i particularly like the ones where they explain the biomechanical angle. i am really enjoying my bodyweight workout stuff. and i did 2 chinups in a row on the side of the soccer goal in the paddock near where i get the kids from school today.
    I don't need ALOT of encoragement... I'm pretty incorrigable all on my own...

my internet data transfer "allotment" is pretty narrow, so I don't do alot of video since it eats up alot of bytes, no pun intended... if I had an "unlimited data plan" I would do alot of you-tube surfing.

Congrats on the pull-ups!