Page 90 of 549 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 90

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you be careful with those kettlebells doc!! i'm gonna send the kids to school then go for a long walk and suss out my body weight program. i need to work as well so i will intersperse. for my body by you book BBY LOL you work out where you need to start by going thru the odd numbered progressions. when you can no longer do 12 reps with good form, you go back to the last exercise you could do. i think i hit #23 for the pulling exercises. so that is 10 x 12 sets as i cheated and skipped exercises 1 and 3 as i had done them both the night before. after that the workout program will be easy as alot of the progressions are challenging but doable LOL

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    I will do my best to be carefil with the kb's.... breaking my leg doing swings is not in the plan!

I think I am going to run a shorter distance next time. The run certainly warmed the muscles and got them ready to work, but the kb swing works a different set of muscles than running does. The inside of my hammies are a little sore today.
    No run today... long run on Sunday.
    Next kb workout will be Tuesday. I think a 2 mile run at a comfortable pace, 3 sets of 20 swings and a few get-ups. Once I can do 3 sets of 20 swings, go to 30 swings, then 40 the next week, and add swings every week until I hit a point where I do 3 or 4 minutes of swings. I was surprised that the kb swings are as strenuous of an exercise as they are.... some days I am just plain clueless!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Fair play doc, if you can get up to 4 minutes of swings, you're a better man than me Gunga Din, I'm toast after 2 minutes of a 20kg swings before I got to have a breather!

And another fair play, your journal is some seriously entertaining reading!!

Cheers

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    dickery dockery dooo
    a big hello to you
    ....................how was your day/night Doc ??????? or whatever you do when we on the right side of the world are enjoying the vitamin D ????????????
    Dhansakdave - your name reminds me about when we went to Denmark years ago. Our friends offered us Danske at morning noon and night !!!!!!! powerful stuff !!!!!! and I can only swing my 20kg kettlebell for about 2 minutes as well. Its a wee bit heavy for this old Gwamma - me thinks
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Fair play doc, if you can get up to 4 minutes of swings, you're a better man than me Gunga Din, I'm toast after 2 minutes of a 20kg swings before I got to have a breather!

And another fair play, your journal is some seriously entertaining reading!!

Cheers
    Thanks for stopping by! I found out today that you may very well be right, and I am only using a 20lb kb... After reading Enter The Kettlebell, Pavel says a swing workout for 12 minutes is the goal... he must be a studly dood!

Glad you find this entertaining... I find that the only thing you get with being serious all the time is serious boredom!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    dickery dockery dooo
    a big hello to you
    ....................how was your day/night Doc ??????? or whatever you do when we on the right side of the world are enjoying the vitamin D ????????????
    Dhansakdave - your name reminds me about when we went to Denmark years ago. Our friends offered us Danske at morning noon and night !!!!!!! powerful stuff !!!!!! and I can only swing my 20kg kettlebell for about 2 minutes as well. Its a wee bit heavy for this old Gwamma - me thinks
    Hey G

Day was good.. got some good exercise in, a little stroll through the garden, collected some eggs, sweated my.... never mind what I sweated...... night frikin sux cuz I work nights....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I feel bad just lurking, but can't compete with rhyming couplets and sweaty droplets.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    good mornings Doc!!! i have been getting into doing them. yesterday i did nasty one legged hamstring curls. 15,10,5 on alternate legs with no rest as a set. i walked up the stairs at the gym to the squat rack and did 15 goodmornings with the 20kg bar. then walked back down stairs and did more one legged hamstring curls and back up to do more good mornings. 3 sets of each. the walking up and down the stairs got the blood flow back and the good mornings stretched out my hammies. i can feel them today but not in a restricting or bad way. i am just aware they exist. i prob could swing a 20kg KB but i really dont want to LOL i prefer my clubbells.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I feel bad just lurking, but can't compete with rhyming couplets and sweaty droplets.
    lurk away, as in to your hearts content..... no need to feel bad for it.... I can't rhyme to save my skin....

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    good mornings Doc!!! i have been getting into doing them. yesterday i did nasty one legged hamstring curls. 15,10,5 on alternate legs with no rest as a set. i walked up the stairs at the gym to the squat rack and did 15 goodmornings with the 20kg bar. then walked back down stairs and did more one legged hamstring curls and back up to do more good mornings. 3 sets of each. the walking up and down the stairs got the blood flow back and the good mornings stretched out my hammies. i can feel them today but not in a restricting or bad way. i am just aware they exist. i prob could swing a 20kg KB but i really dont want to LOL i prefer my clubbells.
    you are one sick puppy!