Page 86 of 531 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 86

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    .....and I have one of those and all !!!!!!! bought a new one for christmas, but I need a wee handy man to fix it to the wall. Do you have a few spare minutes this weekend Doc ??????? p-u-l-e-a-z-e !!!!!!!
    what? You have no buff handy Tongan male to handle a nail for you?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    NO - those strapping young testosterone filled fellas have been and gone - alas.................................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

NO - those strapping young testosterone filled fellas have been and gone - alas.................................
    and thou art broken hearted.... I can tell....

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    With that said, I would love to kill a deer for the meat... I have a book of venison sausage recipes..... yum!
    i would doubt a shotgun would kill a deer unless you were very close range or used solid shot and were close. i usually dont end up with many sausages from a deer. i use the rib meat and the trouts off the legs for sausages but the rest i steak, roast or stew. would be a waste to sausage it.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i would doubt a shotgun would kill a deer unless you were very close range or used solid shot and were close. i usually dont end up with many sausages from a deer. i use the rib meat and the trouts off the legs for sausages but the rest i steak, roast or stew. would be a waste to sausage it.
    by law, in the area I live, because of the population density I think, all you can use is a shotgun to hunt with. Most folks use buckshot or slugs. The bag limit depends on where you are. Here I think it is 6 in a year, and many folks here grind the whole deer in to sausage and snack sticks, but they do save some steaks and roasts.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    i guess we are lucky in that deer arent native here so we dont have bag limits for them. i would cry at wasting all that good venison to make sausages but a deer is not necessarily a deer. so maybe a rutting stag is better in suasages. kinda like you make sausages out of the big male wild pigs. i do like high powered rifles myself as they kill the deer stone dead very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i guess we are lucky in that deer arent native here so we dont have bag limits for them. i would cry at wasting all that good venison to make sausages but a deer is not necessarily a deer. so maybe a rutting stag is better in suasages. kinda like you make sausages out of the big male wild pigs. i do like high powered rifles myself as they kill the deer stone dead very quickly.
    Oh, I agree with the rifle.... but in dense population areas, a high powered rifle may not be a good choice.... particulary if you are a crap shot!

Do you have a deer season, or are they considered a nuisance animal and can be taken at any time?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma likes me a wee sausage.....................
    ...............and a gun is a gun is a gun .............isn't it ???????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Oh Gwamma... I like a sausage as much as any girl, but (as I learned from my days behind the counter at the chippy) nobody wants a saveloy, it has to be a jumbo Cumberland (battered or not, according to taste). As to guns, you'd have to ask the husband - I know nothing, but he's been in the Reserves.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

ehhhh... some guns are bigger than others.....