Page 83 of 550 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 83

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    you see better off naked and then put dry clothes on. altho i can understand that. sometimes when i go diving, i so dont want to strip off in front of some of the guys. my compromise is to wear the sports bra. it dries quick so you can keep it on under a wet suit and it is so non sexy LOL more like one of those nasty madonna cone bras without the cone than anything resembling lingerie.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    you see better off naked and then put dry clothes on. altho i can understand that. sometimes when i go diving, i so dont want to strip off in front of some of the guys. my compromise is to wear the sports bra. it dries quick so you can keep it on under a wet suit and it is so non sexy LOL more like one of those nasty madonna cone bras without the cone than anything resembling lingerie.
    It was about 50 degrees outside with a 10 knot wind..... noooooo not better naked.... parts shrivel in wind chill like that!

i need to work out what 50 degrees F is in celcius. one of the funniest things i saw on our beach was a naked tourist LOL we have these beautiful still days in the autumn when it can be 6 deg C but if the sun is out and there is no wind, it feels deceptively warm. me and the kids were at the beach hanging out and this couple appeared. they must have been foreign and european as he stripped off totally and ran into the sea. the sea temp here is subantarctic at the best of times. i have almost stopped breathing from shock jumping into the sea in my bikini once when it was too hot to walk on the sand barefoot. the sea temp varies maybe 2deg all year and he was running into the ocean. not any inlet. he lasted maybe 2 mins and came out incredibly quickly looking somewhat shrivelled LOL

i need to work out what 50 degrees f is in celcius. One of the funniest things i saw on our beach was a naked tourist lol we have these beautiful still days in the autumn when it can be 6 deg c but if the sun is out and there is no wind, it feels deceptively warm. Me and the kids were at the beach hanging out and this couple appeared. They must have been foreign and european as he stripped off totally and ran into the sea. The sea temp here is subantarctic at the best of times. I have almost stopped breathing from shock jumping into the sea in my bikini once when it was too hot to walk on the sand barefoot. The sea temp varies maybe 2deg all year and he was running into the ocean. Not any inlet. He lasted maybe 2 mins and came out incredibly quickly looking somewhat shrivelled lol
    50 f = 10 c

yes that would be cold with a wind and no sun. i do know what knots are as i have been on a boat LOL we cruised at 9 knots and used to get up to a huge 14.8 knots occasionally going down the face of a wave. forgot to say i pre-ordered this a while back

Mud, Guts & Glory: Tips & Training for Extreme Obstacle Racing: Mark Hatmaker, Doug Werner: 9781935937562: Amazon.com: Books

it will be interesting to see what it is like.

yes that would be cold with a wind and no sun. i do know what knots are as i have been on a boat LOL we cruised at 9 knots and used to get up to a huge 14.8 knots occasionally going down the face of a wave. forgot to say i pre-ordered this a while back

Mud, Guts & Glory: Tips & Training for Extreme Obstacle Racing: Mark Hatmaker, Doug Werner: 9781935937562: Amazon.com: Books

it will be interesting to see what it is like.
    That looks like it will be an interesting book.... though I don't know how "extreme" I want to get with the obstacle racing....

i just like the prospect of seeing some of the training tips or methods as i have had occasion to do some impromptu extreme obstacle navigation when we've got stuck out bush hunting. or the odd cliff climb to circumnavigate angry marine mammals having a bad hair day on the way home from diving.

i just like the prospect of seeing some of the training tips or methods as i have had occasion to do some impromptu extreme obstacle navigation when we've got stuck out bush hunting. or the odd cliff climb to circumnavigate angry marine mammals having a bad hair day on the way home from diving.
    yeah... I can imagine that sealions can be a bit disagreable...

seals can be quite aggro as well but at least they cant run as quick as a sealion. we do get the odd leopard seal here. and they are nasty. i have yet to encounter one but i have heard some very famous stories.

seals can be quite aggro as well but at least they cant run as quick as a sealion. we do get the odd leopard seal here. and they are nasty. i have yet to encounter one but i have heard some very famous stories.
    We have lots of SEALs around here.... of the 2 legged variety.... and they have a nasty reputation... and they shoot guns too!