Page 78 of 531 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 78

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    yep its uniformed Doc imaginating - all the way for me.................... with a wee dose of nekkid on the side................ sorry Doc just sayin !!!!!!!!
    That particular uniform is a DRESS uniform... It do NOT go to the garden! lol

And I will leave the wee nekid thing alone....lol

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My interest in hamstrings stems from my right hip being all crooked for most of my life. No idea why, but it always goes back to the same place even after I go to the chiropractor for adjustment. Recently, I've started stretching my right leg/hip/hamstring a lot and it's helping, but the muscles really need to be trained. Walking feels very weird when I hold my right leg straight (at the same angle as my left)!
    Ever do any PT, nameless?? My Third has a local PT AND a Cleveland-based kick-ass orthopedist sports doctor (highly credentialled in both, he is), and I love them both to pieces. They are the reason she has had even half a chance to grow up straight and aligned, and with a proper gait, even though this work is a never-ending process with her. Wonderful medicine men and women, have I - if you want, I can ask the doc to give me his fave adult-patient counterpart at the Cleveland Clinic.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Ever do any PT, nameless?? My Third has a local PT AND a Cleveland-based kick-ass orthopedist sports doctor (highly credentialled in both, he is), and I love them both to pieces. They are the reason she has had even half a chance to grow up straight and aligned, and with a proper gait, even though this work is a never-ending process with her. Wonderful medicine men and women, have I - if you want, I can ask the doc to give me his fave adult-patient counterpart at the Cleveland Clinic.
    That would be quite the trek for me, coming from Massachusetts . PT is expensive, I never really thought I needed it. I think I'm just going to do my best on my own for now. If I don't make much progress in the next 6 months, I will talk to my chiropractor and see what he recommends. This is the first time I've really focused on trying to straighten things out.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i used to live just down the road from arthur lydiard. he was ancient then but i think he still ran. it was a long time ago. funny i wasnt imagining doc naked LOL i got side tracked imagining the lucious garden. it will be very beautiful when it is all growing. and imagine being able to wander out and get some food for dinner. is it a proper full marathon you want to do doc? you are brave. i avoid doing the local 21k hill run as i am so not a long distance runner. even tho i run distance more than sprint. i could prob cover the course in quite a short time if i put my mind to it and ran the flats and the downhills and walked the uphills. last year i think the winning runner did it an hour quicker than i walked it without training and with a few hold ups. it is more the idea of having to do it with performance pressure and also being timed which i dont like.

hamstrings are hard to massage yourself and i do have a massage qualification LOL

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Seas you never cease to amaze me - massaging, personal training...... you are a very clever girl !!!!!
    Arthur Lydiard trained my eldest brother - back in the day. He ran for NZ, and his best marathon time was 2hr 15 minutes............. there is hope for me yet !!!!!!

Okay Doc I have a question..........
    ............... we have been putting the dog away in her kennel in the dark at night and letting her off in the dark in the morning, except this morning I have only just let her out. I have found a tomato plant growing out of the wood pile next to her kennel - little green tomatoes and all !!!!!!! How in the world would i have gotten a tomato plant there ?????? unless rascal the goat, who loves tomatoes, pooped a seed in that spot ????
    question............... do I replant it somewhere and hope the green tomatoes ripen - or do I just leave it and hope............ we are nearly getting a frost !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma - don't fret the tomatoes ripening - make fried green tomatoes!!! Honest!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

2hrs 15 for a whole marathon is faster than the bulk of people do half marathons!! massage is easy G. you just need to know your A&P and be able to feel. plus think how everything connects. good example. my rotator cuff. i went to the polytech massage clinic here as they final year students treat you with supervision. i got all sorts of differing opinions as the what bit was out. more opinions than massage even. in the end, i worked it out myself as it wasnt getting any better with treatment. ceased my habit which was causing it and i got better. i only have a basic massage and sports massage papers. the proper massage people i go to have done 3 yrs full time. and co-incidentally the 2 best ones i have ever come across trained at the college of natural therapies in ChCh.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Seas you never cease to amaze me - massaging, personal training...... you are a very clever girl !!!!!
    Arthur Lydiard trained my eldest brother - back in the day. He ran for NZ, and his best marathon time was 2hr 15 minutes............. there is hope for me yet !!!!!!

Okay Doc I have a question..........
    ............... we have been putting the dog away in her kennel in the dark at night and letting her off in the dark in the morning, except this morning I have only just let her out. I have found a tomato plant growing out of the wood pile next to her kennel - little green tomatoes and all !!!!!!! How in the world would i have gotten a tomato plant there ?????? unless rascal the goat, who loves tomatoes, pooped a seed in that spot ????
    question............... do I replant it somewhere and hope the green tomatoes ripen - or do I just leave it and hope............ we are nearly getting a frost !
    For teh time of year it is for you, it is probably best to leave it be... as 'maters are a tropical plant and will be killed by a good frost. There would not be time enough to transplant the poor things and have any chance of it surviving for very long.... though you may want to let any tomatos ripen and save the seed from the fruit... free seed for next season!

if you have a glass house, if you can dig it up and pot it without disturbing the roots, you could try putting it inside. or on a sunny kitchen window sill.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i used to live just down the road from arthur lydiard. he was ancient then but i think he still ran. it was a long time ago. funny i wasnt imagining doc naked LOL i got side tracked imagining the lucious garden. it will be very beautiful when it is all growing. and imagine being able to wander out and get some food for dinner. is it a proper full marathon you want to do doc? you are brave. i avoid doing the local 21k hill run as i am so not a long distance runner. even tho i run distance more than sprint. i could prob cover the course in quite a short time if i put my mind to it and ran the flats and the downhills and walked the uphills. last year i think the winning runner did it an hour quicker than i walked it without training and with a few hold ups. it is more the idea of having to do it with performance pressure and also being timed which i dont like.

hamstrings are hard to massage yourself and i do have a massage qualification LOL
    yes a full 26+ miles... I am about 25% there as it is. My longest runs now are 7 miles. I started in July babrely able to walk for 30 minutes, now I'm running for almost 3 times that long...