Page 77 of 446 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 77

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Hey Doc. Saw you posting about hamstrings so now I'm poking around to see what that's about. I'm DYING to do a muddy obstacle course thing, but the cost usually gets in my way. Plus I'm hella weak. I can't imagine getting through it without some running training and more than bodyweight exercises first!

My interest in hamstrings stems from my right hip being all crooked for most of my life. No idea why, but it always goes back to the same place even after I go to the chiropractor for adjustment. Recently, I've started stretching my right leg/hip/hamstring a lot and it's helping, but the muscles really need to be trained. Walking feels very weird when I hold my right leg straight (at the same angle as my left)!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    That was quite a loquacious post , doc. I love to picture you working in your garden. It has inspired me to work on mine this weekend.
    lol... I hope that picture included overalls, mud boots and a brown outback hat.... cuz thats what I will be wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hey Doc. Saw you posting about hamstrings so now I'm poking around to see what that's about. I'm DYING to do a muddy obstacle course thing, but the cost usually gets in my way. Plus I'm hella weak. I can't imagine getting through it without some running training and more than bodyweight exercises first!

My interest in hamstrings stems from my right hip being all crooked for most of my life. No idea why, but it always goes back to the same place even after I go to the chiropractor for adjustment. Recently, I've started stretching my right leg/hip/hamstring a lot and it's helping, but the muscles really need to be trained. Walking feels very weird when I hold my right leg straight (at the same angle as my left)!
    yeah, I pulled my hamstring doing kettlebell swings when I wasn't warmed up and my legs were overly tired from a long run the day before... and yet I started swinging away and felt them get twitchy, so I stopped.

Yup, my mud run is Saturday and I am in the 11 AM start. I will be "running" with my daughter this time around. I originally saww the Spartan Race and I REALLY want to do one of those, but the only Spartan race around here this year is a little tooooo long for me. My upper body strength isn't what it needs to be, so I know I will be getting muddy from falling off of stuff that requires holding on..... heck, thats part of the fun! At least thats how I am looking at it....

Does your chiro want you doing body weight squats to help build up the weaker muscles in your legs and hips? That might help with some of the alignment issue. It wioould take a while, but would probably be benneficial in the long run.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Yeap, chiro "prescribed" bodyweight squats. I have a 15 lb kettlebell, which is as heavy as I need right now, and am wondering if I should wait to include that or start now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    wow - Doc you have been one busy little beaver !!!!!!
    way to go on the veges - I know where to come for fresh veges when I get to America !!!!!!
    Docs addie everyone - somewhere in Virginia................ I will find you Doc - it might take me a while but I will look for the guy in wellies and a hat !!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol... I hope that picture included overalls, mud boots and a brown outback hat.... cuz thats what I will be wearing.
    Unlike the other dirty girls in your journal, I don't imagine you naked it the garden. I think I did picture you in your uniform, however.

(And I probably should admit to almost offering to rub your hamstrings.)

Unlike the other dirty girls in your journal, I don't imagine you naked it the garden. I think I did picture you in your uniform, however.

yep its uniformed Doc imaginating - all the way for me.................... with a wee dose of nekkid on the side................ sorry Doc just sayin !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

good luck for the run today/tomorrow (for you.) And I love hearing about your training. Arthur Lidyard was an amazing man !
    I need to get me some goals - but I spend too much time socializing on MDA !!!!!

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeap, chiro "prescribed" bodyweight squats. I have a 15 lb kettlebell, which is as heavy as I need right now, and am wondering if I should wait to include that or start now.
    Thats the beauty of body weight work.... RARELY does anyone get hurt moving their own body around.....

PrimalCon New York

2 thoughts...

1. I have been known to be a bad inflluence on people....

2. It is VERY hard to massage you own hamstrings very well.....