Page 76 of 554 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 76

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I see "Action Pelvis" and two things come to mind:

1. Wonder which aisle at Toys R Us that thing is stored.
    2. Ah to be young again.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

1. WHEN is my husband going to stop being sick/hacking up loogies the size of hamsters with this cold!
    Harumph!

2. See #1.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post

1. WHEN is my husband going to stop being sick/hacking up loogies the size of hamsters with this cold!
    Harumph!

2. See #1.
    I see this comment and I think: who put the hamsters into the action pelvis?
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    who put the hamsters into the action pelvis?
    LOL in synchronicity my middle daughter was showing me a drawing in a book she is reading and asking what a "gurrbill" was. i have literally just said the words "gerbils are like hamsters" in the last few minutes after not even thinking about hamsters forever!!!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I see this comment and I think: who put the hamsters into the action pelvis?
    hmmmm something about Richard Geer comes to mind, but I can't quite put my finger on it.....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hhhhmmmmmm I was lost way back on page 22..................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    hhhhmmmmmm I was lost way back on page 22..................
    holycrap I just noticed my journal is on page 76! WOW... you ARE lost then! lol

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    hmmmm something about Richard Geer comes to mind, but I can't quite put my finger on it.....
    you should probably be quite relieved that you can't.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Today was a garden day... We were expecting rain tonight and I had some seeds I needed to get in the ground, so I took to the garden with seed packets and plan in hand and got to work. Some plants I put in as transplants (cabbages, kale, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes etc), and some of those can be started in the garden from seed. I had put some cabbage and pak choy, kale, lettuce in trays to sprout and transplant but they didn't fair too well this year, for some reason, so I pulled out the seeder I have for corn, peas and beans etc and put in the appropriate seed plate for spinach and it did a wonderful job of planting the seed. I used it for cabbage, kale, pak choy, chinese cabbage, radish, parsnips and broccoli. The cabbage, broccoli, kale, pake choy and chinese cabbage seeds are really small and it seemed that the seed plate crushed more than it planted, so we will see if they come up or not. The larger seeds, like spinach, radish and parsnips, it did a wonderful job with. I also used it to plant some unpelleted carrot seeds. Which, suprisingly enough, worked pretty well. I tried it with some lettuce seed but I did not have enough seed to fill the seed reservoir enough for the plate to pick up the seed, so back to the flats of cell packs for the lettuce....
    I usually plant squash and zucchini in hills, so the seeder won't be very helpful there, but the cucumbers are going in to rows this year, and I have a feeling the planter will be a great help there too.....

The peas I planted last month are starting to come up, and some of the first ones are about 1/2 an inch tall... peas soon I guess!

In exercise news, I hav been taking it easy on the hamstrings trying to coax them to health so I can beat the crap out of them this weekend in a 5k obstacle run/walk (mostly walk I bet!).... I'm out to play, not win.... This run will be my last "race" until August. I signed up for an 8k obstacle run/walk on one of the local military bases.... Then in March of 2014 my plan is to do a Marathon (my first, I'll be 55 then... Happy birthday to me, get off your backside and go run! lol), then in October I want to run in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC...... I have wanted to do that one for several years. This time around, I am pretty sure I can complete the goal.
    When I first started running, back when dinosaurs ate cavemen for lunch, I read Jeff Galloway's book on running. I may have mentioned him before, but he has edited his original book and has republished it and his training program has changed. He's not a big fan of using huge milage to train for a long run like a marathon. He was influenced by a running coach from New Zealand in the 70's named Arthur Lydiard who trained using long slow runs instead of fast paced runs to build endurance. Jeff has taken that concept a little farther and includes walk breaks in long slow runs and even in faster shorter runs to train for races. His claim is that by training this way, you can increase your endurance and decrease your risk of injury. I like the concept, so I have laid out a training plan for the next 11 months to prepare myself for my 1st marathon..... AFTER I injur myself this weekend in an obstacele race! lol
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 04-05-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That was quite a loquacious post , doc. I love to picture you working in your garden. It has inspired me to work on mine this weekend.