Page 72 of 449 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 72

badgergirl is online now Senior Member

I take it that means something different in America

I took (Yanks) best friend and Mr best friend home to the Iggles to stay with my (English) parents. On the long train journey from the Northern mill town to the Isle, we were discussing parental displays of affection. I explained that my parents do not display affection (Brits, long married etc the most you might get out of them is to refer to each other as 'mate')...

Best friend was talking about Mr Best Friend's parents (it was a busy train and we'd availed ourselves of a picnic that included cans of Boddingtons - a year in the UK and they returned home much more alcohol soaked than they arrived), best friend's voice CARRIED...

"Yeah, Mr BF's dad sometimes paddles BF's mom's fanny."

I *know* US fanny = arse. But, PADDLE? Water, dipping, oars? WTF! (Surely, everyone knows for Brits, fanny = ladyparts, right?)

The carriage went silent.

I tried to explain to BF just how rude a 'paddled fanny' sounded to British ears. I failed, as became evident later.

Shortly thereafter, BF spilt some Boddies on her trousers.

Goddamn it! I've soiled my pants!

The entire carriage turned to stare...

That night, at the dinner table, BF told my - sheltered, respectable - parents about the fanny conversation by way of an icebreaker. My mother's response? Through pursed lips (probably top and bottom): 'I take it that means something different in America.'

My dad was off the leash for the rest of the visit. Indeed, I don't think he's ever stopped getting pleasure from the night a beautiful young lady said 'fanny' at the dinner table.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Shit. Sorry. And there's me posting a fanny story. Will PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    my oldest who is now very almost 28 got to see jaws at the baby sitters when she was 9. she thought it was just a funny rubber shark and subsequently used to swim up behind me and grab my leg. or randomly yell "shark".

G I havent done much paid work today and i have spent way way too much money and then, i have had the power company 'bot ring me 3 times from an unlisted number to threaten to disconnect me for not paying my powerbill! pass me the shark!!!!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Badger - that is hillarious........................ somethings get so lost in the cultural language barrier telling - however some things are the best entertainment.
    Littlest DD is in America for the year and we warned her about asking for a RUBBER !!!!!!! In NZ that is the equivalent to an eraser !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Shit. Sorry. And there's me posting a fanny story. Will PM you.
    post away..... I'm an uncouth Yank after all! lol

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Badger - that is hillarious........................ somethings get so lost in the cultural language barrier telling - however some things are the best entertainment.
    Littlest DD is in America for the year and we warned her about asking for a RUBBER !!!!!!! In NZ that is the equivalent to an eraser !!!!!
    In some places, she'd get a pair of rubber shoes..... in most places, a latex item would be in store....

My Geordie (from Newcastle) uni housemate did Camp America. Imagine the children's horror when she asked if any of them had a rubber she could BORROW.

My Geordie (from Newcastle) uni housemate did Camp America. Imagine the children's horror when she asked if any of them had a rubber she could BORROW.
    you can borrow one.... just don't give it back!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    you can borrow one.... just don't give it back!
    My primary school reception teacher, Miss Downer (no, really), would tell you that's it's only borrowing if you give it back. She was also a STICKLER for maintaining the difference between 'can' and 'may'. God bless her.

My primary school reception teacher, Miss Downer (no, really), would tell you that's it's only borrowing if you give it back. She was also a STICKLER for maintaining the difference between 'can' and 'may'. God bless her.
    In that case I will give you one..... please do not return it! lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thank goodness the foundation she (daughter) has gone to America with - frown upon the use of said latex !!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....