Page 70 of 448 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 70

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Being the medical type onboard.. I sometimes wondered what I would do in that event... since I carried vallium and demorol etc, I'd probably just take a crap load and go to sleep..... what are they gonna do arrest me? You'd have to come get me first, and in that instance I'd be OK with it!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    you would probably want something stronger and then being the medical type, you would prob end up having to look after everyone else. i think tho if you thought macabre death thoughts everytime you got on a sub, you wouldnt be doing it long. it is a pity you cant see out the windows. i imagine there is some unreal things we would never get to see down there. that bit fascinates me.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Doc, what exactly is it that you do for night work to be able to keep up three conversations at once? Me, I am avoiding bed 'cause I have a headache and am waiting for the painkiller to work, otherwise I would be zzzzzzz.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Doc, what exactly is it that you do for night work to be able to keep up three conversations at once? Me, I am avoiding bed 'cause I have a headache and am waiting for the painkiller to work, otherwise I would be zzzzzzz.
    office work from midnight to 8 am?

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    you would probably want something stronger and then being the medical type, you would prob end up having to look after everyone else. i think tho if you thought macabre death thoughts everytime you got on a sub, you wouldnt be doing it long. it is a pity you cant see out the windows. i imagine there is some unreal things we would never get to see down there. that bit fascinates me.
    When I had my wisdom teeth taken out back in the dark ages... they used a combination of valium and demorol.... it was quite a nice combination....
    yeah, didn't spend alot of time thinking about that kind of stuff... too depressing... spent just enough time to devise a plan just in case... then moved on.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Midnight to 8am is an awesome shift. I worked some of those putting myself through school. Quiet. It was at an emergency veterinary clinic though, so occasionally I'd have to wake a vet up for a walk-in. But mostly it was a nice shift and since I didn't take lunch, I also got an hour of overtime which is nice when you're a starving student.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Midnight to 8am is an awesome shift. I worked some of those putting myself through school. Quiet. It was at an emergency veterinary clinic though, so occasionally I'd have to wake a vet up for a walk-in. But mostly it was a nice shift and since I didn't take lunch, I also got an hour of overtime which is nice when you're a starving student.
    oh, it's quiet for sure... but I hate working nights... I am much better suited for working the 3-11 shift... I do it cuz I like to eat and have a roof over my head...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Doc, even though now I'm a lazygurl, back in those days, I worked two 16 hour shifts and one 8 hour shift between Fri night and Monday morning. Then I'd drag off to school. And I studied and I dated/partied. Not sure how I managed as I think that would kill me now. Especially the studying.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Doc, even though now I'm a lazygurl, back in those days, I worked two 16 hour shifts and one 8 hour shift between Fri night and Monday morning. Then I'd drag off to school. And I studied and I dated/partied. Not sure how I managed as I think that would kill me now. Especially the studying.
    Youth...... though, I work a full time job, run a small farm raising chickens for eggs and meat and veggies and find time to stuff a little exercise in there..... I do agree that working 40 hours in 3 days would kick my fanny!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    spent just enough time to devise a plan just in case... then moved on.
    kinda like what i am supposed to do about the shark threat when i am out diving LOL