Page 7 of 503 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 7

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thursday:

Today is a rest day.... so I did..... I haven't done a flippin thing.... except maybe flip through web pages. Wandered out to the hen houses to collect eggs. It's a beautiful sunny day, but cool and windy.....

Diet:

B: yogurt w/ strawberry preserves.

L: chicken wings... from the monster chickens we had last fall... and tasty too!

S: couple of handfulls of pecans

D: Pork stir fry

Interesting article by Mark today. I think I would have to classify myself as a novice, as far as strength goes. I can run a "long" distance, currently 5 miles and the longest I have ever run is 16 miles, but my speed isn't all that hot, nor do I really care to be able to beat Usain Bolt. I do want to be fit enough to do a Spartan run or a Tough Mudder..... those look like fun... but I will never be a competative runner. To get there, I will start small and work up to the tougher and longer events...

Friday:

The begining of my weekend. I had a ton of errands to run, and spent most of the driving, and I got all the stuff done I needed to. then there is exercise. What a mistake it is for me to try and do a workout at the end of a long tiring day. It was a Pull up and Squat day. I progressed to Horizontal pulls, and got 3 sets of 10 reps done. Not because I couldn' do more, but I wasn't motivated to do more than that. I did the squats later in the day, and I finished 3 sets of 50 jackknife squats. Next squat day I will move to the next step in the squat progression.

Diet:

B: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ 2 tsp apple jelly

L: 5oz cannd tuna with dill relish and @ 1 tbsp mayo

D: BAS
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 11-12-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Saturday:

Spent all day at work. Not my normal routine, but fortunately it was a rest day.... By the time I got home, there wasn't much daylight left... so not much got done.

Diet:

B: 3 scrambled eggs, 1 sausage patty and 1/2 cup yogurt w/ apple jelly

L: chicken wings

D: BAS, grilled chuck tender steak (this was a completely mis-named piece of meat!)

S: Ate some sugar free Jello while I watched Texas A&M beat Alabama.... I'm not normally an A&M fan... but Gig 'em Aggies!

Sunday:

Today was an interval day; and it was god weather for it. Sunny and cool, but not too cold. Completed 3 miles doing 30 second intervals every 2 minutes. Had my best time so far for this distance. (35:45) almost a minute faster than last time. Got a bunch of farm stuff done. Had a neighbor bring his big-ass tractor over and plow up my garden spot for the spring. It was really cool to watch. I had never before watched how a plow turns the soil over....

Diet:

B: 1/2 cup yogurt

L: BAS, 2 grilled hamburgers w/ a slice of swiss cheese on top and spicy brown mustard

D: fasted... short day, going back to being "nocturnal" as my 4 year old grandson calls it.....
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 11-12-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Monday:

Today will be a pushup and leg raise day. Incline push ups. My plan is to push to complete 3 sets of 50 reps. Still working on the knee tucks. Goal for today is to complete 3 sets of 20 reps.

Diet:

B: BAS, chicken stir fry left-overs. 2 large cups of coffee w/ heavy cream, no sweetner.

L: 5 oz can of tuna w/ dill relish and 1 tbsp mayo

D: BAS, w/ diced grilled chicken breast

Wt: 237.2 lb down @ 2 lb since last week.
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 11-12-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Tuesday:

A rest day. So I will work on the garden. I have some hoeing that needs to be done, and the hoops for the garden beds need to be put in so I can cover the plants for fall/winter.

The incline push ups yesterday went fairly well. Got 3 sets done of 50, 40 and 30 reps. Next week I plan on 50, 50, 40. Knee tucks still kick my butt. Form is better, but reps aren't. Still 3 sets of 15 reps. Just keep pushing.

Diet:

B: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ 2 tsp apple jelly, 1/2 cup walnuts and pecans

L: BAS, and 2 small tough-ass chuck tender steaks..... I think my masseter muscles got a better work-out than my abs did!

D: Chicken breast w/ BAS

OK, so it turns out that it is going to rain all day... so much for gardening..... so I made Canadian Bacon instead. I purchased 3 pork loins on Friday for that purpose, so I pulled them out, coated them with the cure mix, bagged them and put them back in the fridge for 10 days. I am almost out of bacon, so it will be a meat market run for some fresh pork bellies...... then it will be fire up the smokehouse! yuuuummmmmm!!!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 11-13-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Wednesday:

Today is a jog day. 5 miles at a slow pace. Sunny, breezy and cool (hell it's freaking cold with the wind chill!) Temp is in the 40s, so it's a pretty good day for a run. Finished in just under an hour. A little slower than last week. The last half of the course was in to a headwind. Pulse rate during the run was betwwen 144 and 148, though it did peak at 150 at one point. Legs feel tired, but not exhausted. Overall a good run.

Diet:

B: BAS, hamburger patty w/ slice of Swiss cheese

L: BAS w/ grilled chicken breast

S: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves, 2 handfulls of walnut pieces

D: Bacon bits and collards cooked in bacon fat, seasoned with garlic and pepper.

Thursday:

Today was a rest day, so it was an opportunity to go do some shopping... Did a grocery shop for Thanksgiving. since some of our guests wil be "non-primal" eatters, I bought a bunch of stuff I normally don't buy.... sugar, flour yada yada yada. Which means next week, there will be non-primal stuff (cookies, banana nut bread and the like) in the house, and being the carb junkie I am, temptation will be huge. We are going to do a "nontraditional" Thanksgiving. No turkey this year. Saving that for Christmas. We are having a smoked brisket this year. I LOVE brisket... and am a fair hand at smoking them. I usually use a dry rub that is brown sugar based, with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic, paprika and some other stuff in it. The sugar gives the meat a crust, but I think I will forgo the sugar this year and let some of the other spices shine a little brighter this time around. I plan to roast some acorn squash and pumpkin to go with the meal, and a BAS. I will not starve, not by any means... but I WILL be sorely tempted with all the baked goodies in the house.....

Diet:

B: 3 scrambled eggs and 2 pork sausage patties.

L: BAS with shredded cheese

S: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves, 3 handfulls of walnut pieces and 1/2 of a small 72% chocolate bar from Trader Joes

D: BAS with a rotisserie chicken leg

Friday:

Spent Friday running errands, as is usually the case on Friday. I picked up 4 slabs of fresh pork belly to make bacon from, and a case of pork picnic hams for sausage. That turns out to be 8 hams.... a lot of sausage. Probably making mostly breakfast and sweet italian sausages. Maybe a little bratwurst, polish sausage, andoullie, and mexican chorizo.

I was supposed to do squats and pulls, but by the time I finished my errands, I was wiped out.

Saturday:

Was supposed to be a rest day, but I did yesterday's exercise today. I completed 3 set of 10 reps of horizontal pulls. Forarms were the limiting factor. Shoulders weren't tired, by my forearms were beat up by the tie I was done. Completed 3 sets of supported squats at 50, 40 and 30 reps each. Used a bar about waist height for "support", but didn't put much pressure on the bar. My quads were burning when I was done. Had some stiffness about an hour later when walking out to collect eggs.

Diet:

B: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves, 3 scrambled eggs, 2 breakfast sausage patties

L: BAS, a breakfast sausage patty

D: BAS, home made vegetable beef soup

Page 7 of 503 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast