Page 67 of 494 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 67

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    is that not an oxymoron?
    Most oxes are....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i thought they were just stubborn? i do like beasts of burden. and am especially fond of cows. i have also managed to get my head around the dichotomy of them being cool and being edible. i have had the odd incident being chased by cows in my cell phone paddock in the dark. wildly funny once you are out the gate but quite out of it when you are surrounded by a horde of cows breathing steam out their nostrils and snorting and pawing the ground. like they do in cartoons. i know how to herd cows and i know how to shoo them and these ones, once it gets dark, get all schizo and my cow husbandry tactics stop working. you just have to staunch it out and do the fastest 20m nonchalent stroll to the gate ever LOL

i thought they were just stubborn? i do like beasts of burden. and am especially fond of cows. i have also managed to get my head around the dichotomy of them being cool and being edible. i have had the odd incident being chased by cows in my cell phone paddock in the dark. wildly funny once you are out the gate but quite out of it when you are surrounded by a horde of cows breathing steam out their nostrils and snorting and pawing the ground. like they do in cartoons. i know how to herd cows and i know how to shoo them and these ones, once it gets dark, get all schizo and my cow husbandry tactics stop working. you just have to staunch it out and do the fastest 20m nonchalent stroll to the gate ever LOL
    I like cows too... mostly medium rare.
    We have a term here "dumb as an ox" which would be what I was refering too. Cows are fairly intelligent, but highly herd oriented and very primal-survival instinct animals. They are intelligent in that they can be trained, to come when they are called and the like.

yes medium rare is good. also raw. i am quite partial to raw beef salads. carpaccios or kitfos. actual i am feeling the need to get me some beef when i am in town tomorrow. it is poss my fave domestic meat i reckon.

yes medium rare is good. also raw. i am quite partial to raw beef salads. carpaccios or kitfos. actual i am feeling the need to get me some beef when i am in town tomorrow. it is poss my fave domestic meat i reckon.
    I've never eaten either of those...

give it a go. you can google recipes. carpaccio i doubt i have spelt right is prob easiest to start with. it is just wafer thin slices of raw beef, sprinkled with lemon juice and salt and served with slices of parmesan. kitfo is the ethiopian version of steak tartare. so you need some niter kibbeh which is spiced ghee. you can make it yourself very easily. melt that. turn the heat off and stir in some minced raw beef and salt and pepper and eat. i have even used minced raw venison and venison heart before. it was the trout muscle and i hadnt gotten around to sausaging it so i made it into kitfo. very yummy. i think it had some horopito in too.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    what a busy night you lot are having - and as of late Gwamma is LATE to the party !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

give it a go. you can google recipes. carpaccio i doubt i have spelt right is prob easiest to start with. it is just wafer thin slices of raw beef, sprinkled with lemon juice and salt and served with slices of parmesan. kitfo is the ethiopian version of steak tartare. so you need some niter kibbeh which is spiced ghee. you can make it yourself very easily. melt that. turn the heat off and stir in some minced raw beef and salt and pepper and eat. i have even used minced raw venison and venison heart before. it was the trout muscle and i hadnt gotten around to sausaging it so i made it into kitfo. very yummy. i think it had some horopito in too.
    I may have to do that... since I have discovered my culinary adventurous side...

yes G. keep up!!! how is the unearthly temptations going in your house? i am still thinking about blue cheese LOL

yes G. keep up!!! how is the unearthly temptations going in your house? i am still thinking about blue cheese LOL
    she has hot alien guys in her house?