Page 65 of 579 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165565 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 5786

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 65

  1. #641
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,943
    Primal Fuel
    Ah ha! I've found where the kiwis hang out in the wee hours of the morning (in the U.S. anyway) when they're not in the "our own little kiwi thread."

    Sorry, doc, that I didn't realize this was your journal sooner. Seems nice and comfy and fun. I'll go back and read some back history when I'm more sober... I mean awake.

    There's money to be spent? Hmmm... Buy a boat. Buy leather clothing. Go eat at Michelin/Zagat rated restaurants. Buy some HUD rated rentals and create some income for your retirement. Buy a tequila manufacturing facility. Buy me. Yes, I do have integrity, but I also have a price. LOL.

    I'm with Sea on the personality over looks/fetish thing. I once had a boyfriend so homely that my mother used to call us Beauty and the Beast - not to his face, obviously, because Mom wasn't cruel, just cynical. But I adored him for his brains and humor.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  2. #642
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,078
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Gwamma LOVES slipping and sliding on a shingle road !!!!!!! however only if I am driving a rear wheel drive !!!!!!!!!
    I am missing all the fun................... Can I help you spend that money Doc ???????
    or does DH need to find you some land over here ?????
    Wifey leaves all matters financial to me..... which I find odd because she runs a budget of several million dollars per year at her job...
    It's imaginary money.... spend away! In reality if I did have that much money I'd go John Galt in a second..... off the grid, self sufficient power generation etc etc etc....

  3. #643
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,078
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Ah ha! I've found where the kiwis hang out in the wee hours of the morning (in the U.S. anyway) when they're not in the "our own little kiwi thread."

    Sorry, doc, that I didn't realize this was your journal sooner. Seems nice and comfy and fun. I'll go back and read some back history when I'm more sober... I mean awake.

    There's money to be spent? Hmmm... Buy a boat. Buy leather clothing. Go eat at Michelin/Zagat rated restaurants. Buy some HUD rated rentals and create some income for your retirement. Buy a tequila manufacturing facility. Buy me. Yes, I do have integrity, but I also have a price. LOL.

    I'm with Sea on the personality over looks/fetish thing. I once had a boyfriend so homely that my mother used to call us Beauty and the Beast - not to his face, obviously, because Mom wasn't cruel, just cynical. But I adored him for his brains and humor.
    Makes more sense if you read it less sober.... If you like irreverant humor, and a place where very little is sacred, you can feel comfrotable here.

    As far as personality over looks... there is hope for me yet! lol.... wifey married me for my personality and abilities... it certainly wasn't for my money!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 04-02-2013 at 03:54 AM.

  4. #644
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,184
    morning Doc - and all who frequent "the Sub"
    gwamma can't sleep - so what better entertainment than to come and annoy Doc !!!!!! LOL
    Joanie - by golly gosh - you get around girl !!!!!!!!
    I am thinking that I need to put on my trainers and go for a run - but the head is a wee bit fuzzy etc.....
    we shall see................however I need to see who John Galt is - first
    ............oh and my biscotti is going down a treat - you guys have got to try it !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  5. #645
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,078
    John Galt is a character in "Atlas Shrugged".....

  6. #646
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,311
    i had to get up as i couldnt jusitfy laying in bed anymore even tho it is still dark. so i am up now! i should get my trainers on too but i will be hopping about on one leg. it looks less swollen today so we shall see too!!! i havent heard of John Galt either. i always find it bizzare that we need to get the million bux in unmarked notes before we can go live a simple life somewhere in the boonies without power. note i am studiously ignoring the biscotti comments. am over the GF bread and feel quite sick LOL how is the hammy now doc?

  7. #647
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,078
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i had to get up as i couldnt jusitfy laying in bed anymore even tho it is still dark. so i am up now! i should get my trainers on too but i will be hopping about on one leg. it looks less swollen today so we shall see too!!! i havent heard of John Galt either. i always find it bizzare that we need to get the million bux in unmarked notes before we can go live a simple life somewhere in the boonies without power. note i am studiously ignoring the biscotti comments. am over the GF bread and feel quite sick LOL how is the hammy now doc?
    I guess you don't really need the money... but it does provide for a bit of "security"... as it were... There are some "comforts" that I don't want to live without.... like a refridgerator... or a freezer, which requires money to either pay the power bill or to buy the power generating capacity (wind turbines, solar power panels, power inverters, batteries etc) THough barter works too... if you have what the other person wants.... if not no trade. Money is just the universal trade good.
    Hammies feel much better than earlier. Have walked a bit, pushed a seed planter a little, so I haven't locked up, which will be bad. I may take a muscle relaxer before I go to bed just in case....

  8. #648
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,311
    i always say running hot water is civilisation as i have lived without that when we built the last house. i did used to like laying in the bath at night outside with my candle in a jar reading my book. i also missed being able to turn a tap on and get hot water very badly. i do prefer defrosted fresh venison to salt preserved venison and i have tried it. corned venison instead of corned beef i mean. not that i mind it either. but yeah. preserving flesh is something we dont usually think about and always assume we can have fresh meat. still if i could get a huge piece of land and have to do without power, i poss would just do it.

  9. #649
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,078
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i always say running hot water is civilisation as i have lived without that when we built the last house. i did used to like laying in the bath at night outside with my candle in a jar reading my book. i also missed being able to turn a tap on and get hot water very badly. i do prefer defrosted fresh venison to salt preserved venison and i have tried it. corned venison instead of corned beef i mean. not that i mind it either. but yeah. preserving flesh is something we dont usually think about and always assume we can have fresh meat. still if i could get a huge piece of land and have to do without power, i poss would just do it.
    Oh, I get what you mean... truly... It's just I'm a spoiled ass Yank..... though not as bad as some... I know some that their idae of "roughing it" is an out of town cheap hotel.... the kind that DOESN"T put a mint on your pillow...

  10. #650
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,311
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LMAO some of the tracks into the bush here have been asphalted for the yanks so as they dont get their tennis shoes dirty. not too many tracks but there are a couple. we came across an asphalted short track thru the bush to a rather spectacular waterfall over the haast pass when we were there last. was a very strange thing. and i never even knew hotels put mints on your pillow?!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •