Page 61 of 531 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 61

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i dont let them tho. you so need to only let nice people tie you up or handcuff you or it could all go to custard very quickly. last thing we want is whip welts on obvious places LOL when are you planning on starting the kettlebell thing? my body wieght workout book got posted to me last week. we're rural delivery and we've had several public hols so i may get it tomorrow or after next weekend. i am looking forward to getting it as i am really thinking body weight training is the way to go for improving alot of the more outdoors activities i do. i also have a copy of strength training anatomy out of the library which is my current bed time reading. that is fascinating as you can see all the muscles used in various exercises which makes it alot easier to undertand them.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i dont let them tho. you so need to only let nice people tie you up or handcuff you or it could all go to custard very quickly. last thing we want is whip welts on obvious places LOL when are you planning on starting the kettlebell thing? my body wieght workout book got posted to me last week. we're rural delivery and we've had several public hols so i may get it tomorrow or after next weekend. i am looking forward to getting it as i am really thinking body weight training is the way to go for improving alot of the more outdoors activities i do. i also have a copy of strength training anatomy out of the library which is my current bed time reading. that is fascinating as you can see all the muscles used in various exercises which makes it alot easier to undertand them.
    Today is my first kettlebell day. I will do my session after I finish my daily fed/water chickens etc.... 12 minutes of kb swings and a 2 mile run....

yes, you should be selective in your knot-tying/handcuffing partners.... for a variety of reasons....

good luck!!! let us know how you go. i have the troops all off school tomorrow for, get this. "easter tuesday" which will put paid to any walking around and exercising on my own. i got whined at this morning for waking them up punching the boxing bag so i am going to have to do press ups instead before breakfast. do you do the kettlebells every day then? and do you reckon it counts as cardio or sprints? the reason i like tabatas is it is intervals and i am lazy LOL not too long to count.

good luck!!! let us know how you go. i have the troops all off school tomorrow for, get this. "easter tuesday" which will put paid to any walking around and exercising on my own. i got whined at this morning for waking them up punching the boxing bag so i am going to have to do press ups instead before breakfast. do you do the kettlebells every day then? and do you reckon it counts as cardio or sprints? the reason i like tabatas is it is intervals and i am lazy LOL not too long to count.
    I will do swings on Monday and Thursday and getups on Tuesday and Friday. Never having done them before, I don't know if they will be cardio or sprints... but from what I have read, the swings can get your heart rate quite high. The getups are more a strength training

i will try a getup with a clubbell when my ankle is a bit less dodgy. i think i have seen what looks like a clubbell version on you-tube. all these buff MMA guys do some amazing stuff with them. swings would get your heart rate up which is why i was thinking 12 mins will be terminally boring. to keep going at that intensity for that amount of time i usually need some form of distraction such as varying movements or intervals. are you resting on wednesdays?

i will try a getup with a clubbell when my ankle is a bit less dodgy. i think i have seen what looks like a clubbell version on you-tube. all these buff MMA guys do some amazing stuff with them. swings would get your heart rate up which is why i was thinking 12 mins will be terminally boring. to keep going at that intensity for that amount of time i usually need some form of distraction such as varying movements or intervals. are you resting on wednesdays?
    saturdays are "no exercise" days.... sundays are my long slow run day.... wednesday is short run day.... Mon/Tues/Thurs/fri are kb and run days. and I live on a small farm... so no day is a "rest" day! lol chickens don't stop laying cuz my butt is tired...

i do say this to the kids about the horse. she isnt gonna suddenly not want anyone to talk to coz it is cold or it is raining. if anything she will need more looking after and prob end up in the house LOL there is such a disney approach to animals out there. or you have some electronic animal you feed every day on your computer. i kid you not. the kids came home from their dads where the tv is and announced they needed to get this electronic calf as they needed to take it to a calf show at the end of the week to be in a draw to win an i-pad. i was stunned. lept about yelling GO SEE THE HORSE!! and acting like some crazy old lady, as you do. they just wanted the i-pad but still. reminds me of that joni mitchell song yellow taxi. i miss my chooks. and i once had some indian runner ducks which were the bee knees.

i do say this to the kids about the horse. she isnt gonna suddenly not want anyone to talk to coz it is cold or it is raining. if anything she will need more looking after and prob end up in the house LOL there is such a disney approach to animals out there. or you have some electronic animal you feed every day on your computer. i kid you not. the kids came home from their dads where the tv is and announced they needed to get this electronic calf as they needed to take it to a calf show at the end of the week to be in a draw to win an i-pad. i was stunned. lept about yelling GO SEE THE HORSE!! and acting like some crazy old lady, as you do. they just wanted the i-pad but still. reminds me of that joni mitchell song yellow taxi. i miss my chooks. and i once had some indian runner ducks which were the bee knees.
    Ducks would be fine if someone in the household besides me would eat them... actually I have never eaten duck. Must buy duck at store and roast said bird and consume.... my n=1 experiment for fatty duck goodness..... then later maybe a goose.....

OMG canada goose is so yummy! i've only had one. it was like a lean red meat. it still had a few shotgun pellets in LOL i only had indian runner hens. we have loads of wild ducks near us and duck shooting season is soon. i can get the pump action out and pot them on the way over which wont go down too well with the family so i will need to do it during school hours. domestic duck tastes different to wild duck. the domestic one has a much milder flavour. which is usually the case with any domestic vs game animal. we also get paradise ducks which are a kind of goose in disguise and black swans nearby that we are allowed to shoot in hunting season. the pukeko have been off the bag for the last few years.

OMG canada goose is so yummy! i've only had one. it was like a lean red meat. it still had a few shotgun pellets in LOL i only had indian runner hens. we have loads of wild ducks near us and duck shooting season is soon. i can get the pump action out and pot them on the way over which wont go down too well with the family so i will need to do it during school hours. domestic duck tastes different to wild duck. the domestic one has a much milder flavour. which is usually the case with any domestic vs game animal. we also get paradise ducks which are a kind of goose in disguise and black swans nearby that we are allowed to shoot in hunting season. the pukeko have been off the bag for the last few years.
    We had Canada goose flying by all the time. Maybe during hunting season I will go cap a few for the freezer.... Yes, domestic anything tastes different than wild anything.... not better, but different. Sounds like NZ is a hunting paradise!