Page 58 of 555 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 58

Cro22ckett is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think I will stay at 20 push-ups and 20 body rows for another week....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i actual thought we were being pretty clean with our more adventurous side LOL even tho i cross dress in the sense i wear work boots and jeans lots and all my hunting gear is mens and i have a motorcycle. i am still a girlie girl. maybe it is an age thing but i like the trappings of feminity but not the vunerability i guess. we should go back to talking about gardening or exercise! how did the 5k go doc?
    The closest I have come to "cross dressing" is dressing up like a nurse for a Navy initiation once maaaaaaany years ago.... no, I will not share details! lol

Ran the 5K this morning. Finished it in 35:13. Not bad for a fat old man.... and it was my first race in 15 years or so... so I am not gonna complain.....

Now I am off to plant kale and lettuce and carrots, beets turnips, rutabaga, parsnips, radish.....

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I should probably write this in my own journal rather than muddying the waters in yours sir, but I subscribe to the Judith Butler model of gender - it's a performance. Therefore it can be freeing and gratifying when the performance of gender is subverted - be that through power play, crossdressing or any other 'transgression'. I can perform my gender well, thank you very much, I'm far more interested in the dynamics of other as self, self as other... Yes, okay, I'll take these thoughts, flesh them out (so to speak) and write them down in my own space.
    Can't muddy the water any worse than the mud wrasslers....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    35:15 is pretty good. 8.53kph avg? i wouldnt complain either. was it muddy? i think we call rutbaga suede? are they yellow? some have purple tops on the skin? totally yummy boiled and mashed with butter and pepper.

35:15 is pretty good. 8.53kph avg? i wouldnt complain either. was it muddy? i think we call rutbaga suede? are they yellow? some have purple tops on the skin? totally yummy boiled and mashed with butter and pepper.
    The course was a concrete boardwalk that runs along the ocean. There was water and beach on one side and hotels on the other.... the tourist district, as it were.... As far as the pace goes, it was under 12 minutes/mile, which was my goal.....

That sounds like the stuff.... look like huge friking yellow meat turnips. Purple top, lots of knarly, fiberous roots.

yes that is them. i love suedes. i hate running on the road. i do it on the dirt roads around here occasionally when my ankle isnt sprained. 1 mile in the morning before breakfast while no one is looking. i kinda need something interesting like pot holes or hills in order for me not to get too bored. my actual fave running activity is down hill cross country. awesome fun unless it goes wrong and then it is spectacularly disasterous!

yes that is them. i love suedes. i hate running on the road. i do it on the dirt roads around here occasionally when my ankle isnt sprained. 1 mile in the morning before breakfast while no one is looking. i kinda need something interesting like pot holes or hills in order for me not to get too bored. my actual fave running activity is down hill cross country. awesome fun unless it goes wrong and then it is spectacularly disasterous!
    And depending on your mindset... it may STILL be spectacularly fun..... my sons love doing crazy downhill bike rides etc... Me? not so adventurous...

Today was a 7 mile jog in the rain. Was a little smarter this time around. I wore a rain jacket. Temp was warmer than last week, but still cool enough to be cold when it is wet and a bit of a breeze. Started a new walk/run training scheme. Run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute..... Legs feel good at the end. Walked for another 5 minutes or so after then run. Not as stiff as I usually am.... Maybe Jeff Galloway has a good idea in the walk/run scheme of his...

Next week I start playing with kettlebell exercises.....

Just registered for an 8K mud run.... in August.....

i still have to limp on my ankle so i wont be doing any running. i have started doing boxing bag tabatas as i am getting so miffed with the ankle not getting better properly. when i do run, i do the run walk thing if i do any more than a mile. the other thing i do is walk the uphills and run the flats and the down hills. not so into kettlebells here. poss i maybe havent learnt how to use them properly as all i have ever been taught to do are swings. lunging with them is a total waste of time as i def cant afford a set big enough to do that! much much prefer my clubbells.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And we are back to mud again

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Just registered for an 8K mud run.... in August.....
    I know you will kick ass. It sounds like fun. I hope one of these days I am healthy enough to do something like that.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs