Page 5 of 502 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 5

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sunday:

A rest day. Another nice day. Sunny and temp in the low 70's. Worked out in the garden. Spread fertilizer in 2 recently cleared out beds. Side dressed the broccoli, cabbage, collards, red cabbage, swiss chard, and lettuce. It's a "short" day so off to bed early....

Diet: B: Breakfast sausage quiche.

L: fasted

D: fasted

Monday:

I read the Convict Conditioning book over the weekend. Decided to try it and see how it goes. Restructured my work outs to incorporate CC schedule and added a couple of days of jogging. Today was Push ups and Leg raises. Started with Wall pushups. Did 1 warm up set of 20 and 3 work sets of 50 reps. HOLY CRAP! That kicked the crap out of my anterior deltoids! The Leg raises were Knee tucks. OK... I need work on my abs. Did 1 warm up of 10 reps. Finished 3 work sets of 10 reps. Worked my crap out of my obliques! I've been doing crunches for the last several weeks and have worked up to 3 sets of 25 reps, so the burn in my abs is just a llittle surprising. It may be a while before I progress on this exercise! Just gonna do em as the progressions say, and see what results I get.

Diet: B: BAS, sausage quiche

L: 3 slices of pork roast

S: couple of handfulls of walnuts, 1/2 cup of greek yogurt w/ 2 tsp apple jelly

D: fasting

wt: 240.4..... half way to my goal! Yay!

Tuesday:
    An off day on the new workout schedule. Had planned a 4 mile run but my thighs are sore, so I blew it off.

Diet:

B: Chicken stir fry w/ bok choy, peppers, onions and squash.

L: 3 slices of pork roast

S: 2 handfulls of walnuts, 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ apple jelly (home made)

D: fasted

Wednesday
    Another off day. Worked in the garden. Planted turnip, parsnip, rutabaga, beets, carrots and radish seeds.

Diet: B: Chicken stir fry w/ bok choy. peppers. onions and squash

L: breakfast sausage quiche

S: couple of hndfulls of walnuts

D: 3 strips of bacon

Thursday:

Workout today will be Pulls and Squats. The Pulls will be Verticle Pulls, basically grabbing a wall, leaning back and pulling yourself upright. 3 sets 50 reps. The squats are Shoulder Squats, leg in the air up on your shoulders and lowering the legs to touch your forehead with your knees. 3 sets 50 reps.

Diet: B: 2 hamburger patties in marinara sauce with yellow squash and zucchini

L; chicken stirfry with bok choy, peppers and onions

S: handful of raw almonds, 1/2 cup greek yogurt w/ apple jelly

D: Chuck roast with acorn squash

Friday:

I mis read my workout schedule.... today is the pull/squat day. Yesterday was an off day... so I went and bought victuals, (or vittels in the South)... and made a crock pot chili with some diced beef, spices and tomato sauce. I also made a beef roast with carrots, parsnips and acorn squash.

Diet: B: 1/2 cup yogurt

L: more yogurt..... saving room for roast beast later!!!!

S: hand full of almonds

D: A veritable feast of roast beast and vegetables with a BAS!

I picked up a heart monitor while at the store... I played with it for a while, monitoring my heart rate over several hours. I was amazed that my resting heart rate got in to the mid to upper 40s! The gadget also has a "calorie consumed" counter. I wore it to bed, just for grins. I slept for about 5 hours... and burned nearly 500 calories! I should sleep more often!!! lol

Saturday:

An off day, however... Sandy is breathing down our necks, so it was storm prep all day.

Diet: B: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves

L: 8oz broth from roast beef and veggies cooked the other day.

D: BAS... roast beef and veggies

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Be safe with Sandy! Your workouts are awesome. I want to get to that point and struggling. Yours give me some inspiration!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

valmason01, thanks for the kind words! I don't usually think of myself as an inspiration, so it is nice to hear that someone is inspired by what I do.... it also acts as a stimulant to tighten up my actions knowing that I am being watched! lol
    We are as set for the storm as we can be at this point. Fortunately we live a ways inland, so the wind won't be as bad here as it will at the beach etc.
    That being said, today is a long slow run day...... in the rain and wind. I am gonna give it a shot... heart monitor is waterproof and my skin is too, so what the hell!

Diet: B: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves

L: 8 oz beef and vegetable broth

D: Chili without beans, patty pan squash, zucchini and yellow squash

Well, my hurricane preps are done..... adn I took a nature bath this morning during my jog. I completed 5 miles down a winding 2 lane country road. I was passed by 3 vehicles in the hour it took to do my jog. It was a little windy and it was lightly raining but it was AWESOME! The sound of the rain falling through the trees and the wind rustling the leaves, fall colored leaves blowing across the road... what a great way to spend an hour on a Sunday morning. I used the new heart monitor during the run. I checked my heart rate at every 1/2 mile mark on my run, and the highest it ever got was 158. For a large majority of the run it was betweeen 146 and 150. It also has a calories consumed counter based on heart rate and age... and it said I burned 1200 calories during that run! I know that the monitor makes some huge assumptions based on averages etc.... but it is still pretty frickin cool to think I burned off a six pack of beer in an hour! lol It was a great run. Was never out of breath, legs feel great, and my heart rate was below 100 in a matter of 4 or 5 minutes. oh, and I finished the run 1 1/2 minutes faster than the last time I ran this same ciourse.... Yee haw!

Page 5 of 502 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast