Page 4 of 494 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 4

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sunday... It's a gorgeous sunny day. Nice and cool. A great morning for a jog. Completed the goal of 5 miles today. Today is a "shortened" daynsince I have to adjust my sleep cycle for working nights. So I go to bed in the earlry afternoon and get up for work @ 9:30 pm...... Maybe the run will have tired me out enough that I get some rest this afternoon....

Diet: B: Cheese omlette w/ hickory smoked bacon

L: Meatballs in marinara sauce

D: Fast

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    It was thank you
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Monday; A rest day, but farm chores rarely lead to rest...

Diet: B: BAS, almond meal breaded pork chop, roasted pumpkin, acorn and delicata squash

L: Meatballs in marinara sauce with zucchini and yellow squash

S: Fast

wt 243.0

Tuesday: A circuit training day. 3 sets of 25 squats, 20 push ups, 20 body rows, 25 sit ups. I tried doing my pushups with my feet together, as opppose to keeping them shoulder width apart. I was surprised at the difference.... it takes more effort to maintain my balance with my feet together.... makes the push ups harder.

Diet: B: BAS, baked pork chop stuffed w/ apples, cranberries, pecans, onion, and celery, seasoned with nutmeg, cinamon and ginger

L: Almond meal breaded pork chop w/ roasted pumpkin, acorn squash and delicata squash

D: Fasting

Diogenes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Tuesday: A circuit training day. 3 sets of 25 squats, 20 push ups, 20 body rows, 25 sit ups. I tried doing my pushups with my feet together, as opppose to keeping them shoulder width apart. I was surprised at the difference.... it takes more effort to maintain my balance with my feet together.... makes the push ups harder.
    Next up, raise one foot off the floor. Enjoy!

I don't really mean to be a smart ass Diogenes but for right now, I plan on keping both feet on the ground! lol.... My goal is to reach 50 pushups in the "normal" position before I move to the next progression...... As an aside, I recently ordered Convict Conditioning and will study that program and see how that can benefit my short and long term goals..... Thanks for the tip though!

Wednesday:

It's a run day. I have run/jogged 5 miles for the last 2 weeks. Since I built some endurance to get to that distance, I want to see if I can increase my speed some. So, today I will drop back to 3 miles and jog a 5 minute warm-up and then I will do 30 second intervals every 2 minutes for the duration of my run. I think I will start my intervals with just increasing my pace for the 30 seconds. Over time, I would like to get the intervals to be a sprint, then I will start adding distance to my runs again.

Well, I finished the 3 mile course with intervals. My base pace was a nice slow steady pace that I used for the long 5 mile run. I sped up to a pace for me that would be pretty close to a sprint and held that pace for 30 seconds. That doesn't seem like a long time, until you have to do something strenuous.... like sprint, or hold your breath etc... then it seems like forever! Anyway, I did 13 intervals over the course of 3 miles. I finished the course almost a minute and a half faster than the fastest time I ever ran the 3 miles. My legs feel fine.... it was my lungs that killed me.... and my pulse rate. I feel good, but this run kicked my butt! (Isn't that the point???)

Diet: B: BAS, Hamburger and egg "pie"...... different, but tasty. Kind of like a quiche

L: Leftover meatballs and marinara with summer squash and zucchini.

S: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ apricot preserves

D: Fast
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 10-17-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Thursday:

It's a rest day today, so I will do farm chores instead. Also have some errands to run. Looks like a trip to the feed store is in my future!

Diet:

B: 3 slices of pork roast and roasted pumpkin, acorn squash and delicata squash.

L: Leftover hamburger and egg pie. Was still hungry, so I made up a can of tuna with a little mayo and dill relish. OK, now I'm full.

S: couple of handfulls of walnut halves

D: BAS... just because I didn't eat one today...

Friday:

It will be a circuit training day. 3 sets of 25 squats, 20 push ups, 20 body rows, 25 sit ups. I got a copy of Convict Conditioning in the mail and I am reading through it. Very interesting concepts in the book. IF what Coach Wade says is true, it does seem to be able to produce incredible amounts of pure strength. What I like about the system is that it takes very little equipment to do, and you don't have to go to a gym to do it. There is plenty of room on the farm to set up what little equipment needed.

Diet: B: BAS, 3 thick slices of pork roast, 1/2 cup spiced apples

S: 2 large handfulls of walnut halves.

L: 2 thick slices of pork roast 1/2 cup spiced apples.

D: I have no idea what the wife has planned.... she said something about a surprise, and she bought some bacon....

Side note.... on the way home from work today I will be stopping to buy some new work pants. I have been wearing the pants that I wore pre-Primal and now they are waaaaaay to big. Kinda look llike I'm wearing a tent... (Not a bad problem to have, though!) So, it is off to buy some size 40 waist pants, and I will officially retire the size 44 waist pants. I will continue to wear the 42s for a while longer, but at the rate I am going, probably not for very much longer! Last week I wore a pair of 38s I hadn't worn in several years to work. A little tight, but I wore them "comfortably", so I will opt for the next size bigger..... I prefer "room" to move in my clothes. I will eventually have to replace my shirts as well, but I can live with baggy shirts for awhile.
    I am proud of the weight I have lost so far, but I also don't want to break my arm patting myself on the back for the achievement......
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 10-19-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Saturday:

It's a run day, an interval day. Nice bright sunny day, a little cool, so the run was pleasant. The base pace was a nice slow plod, and my first 3 intervals were run waaay to fast, and I felt it in my inner left thigh. Felt alot like a strain. I slowed the interval pace down a good bit, and finished the run in just over 38 minutes.

Got cooled off from the run, changed clothes and headed out to the garden to get some stuff done. Got weeds pulled from a bed of drying Vermont cranberry beans. Should be harveting them this week some time. Spent most of the afternoon digging post holes for fence bracing. Dug 6 holes 3' deep with a manual post hole digger. Got all 6 posts set. Shoulders and back were dead by the time I was done....

Diet:

B: Cheesy scrambled eggs, turkey sausage patty and 2 pork sausage links.

L: BAS, roast beef "sticks",

D: Chicken stir fry with celery, onions, peppers green beans, zucchini, patty pan squash and bok choy

Page 4 of 494 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast