Page 36 of 531 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 36

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Dr Sub - Gwamma will smack your butt -
    ohhh baby, beat me, bruise me, make me write bad checks!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    A "rest day", but since I blew off my squats yesterday, I was planning to do them today.... but life had other plans.... I wanted to try out my new tiller, so I put oil and fuel in it and off I go... till up 2 beds, and am about 2/3rds throgh the 3rd bed and I hear a snap and the tines stop moving and the wheels stop pulling..... I took the safety guard off and I broke the drive belt...... now to change the belts, you pretty much have to take the frickin thing apart to be able to get the drive belt over the drive pulley since there is no room betwen the tiller frame and the drive pulley to put it on.... The tiller went back in to the shed to be worked on Wednesday since it will be wet, rainy/snowy and not a tilling day anyway..... A little frustrated? eh... yup.... May call the manufacturer and gripe at them about the pissy design... frikin engineers!
    Damn phone just woke me up to tell me that Third's school is having a two-hour delay. The mega snow we were supposed to have this night has not yet happened - had the county all exercised about it. I understand, tho - we are rural, 50% dirt roads, and hilly...

Anyway, doc, I have learned a few things along the way, and with almost everything I purchase, I ask 2 things -
    1. How do you clean it?
    2. Are the pieces-parts easily replaceable (both in the acquisition and the actual work to do it)?

If any of those questions gets a complicated answer, I move on to a better-designed model. Lets just say I had to learn those things the hard way...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    ohhh baby, beat me, bruise me, make me write bad checks!
    Oh lord, reminds me of a weird article I read a long time ago. Had to do with the assertion that a lot of English posh types like some smacking around in their sexual escapades because a lot of them grew up at boarding schools during adolescence and there they got paddled as punishment and stuff got mixed up in their heads, what with the hormones and being at that stage of development and all.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Oh lord, reminds me of a weird article I read a long time ago. Had to do with the assertion that a lot of English posh types like some smacking around in their sexual escapades because a lot of them grew up at boarding schools during adolescence and there they got paddled as punishment and stuff got mixed up in their heads, what with the hormones and being at that stage of development and all.
    Me no boarding school..... can you imagine how bad I would be if I HAD???? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Damn phone just woke me up to tell me that Third's school is having a two-hour delay. The mega snow we were supposed to have this night has not yet happened - had the county all exercised about it. I understand, tho - we are rural, 50% dirt roads, and hilly...

Anyway, doc, I have learned a few things along the way, and with almost everything I purchase, I ask 2 things -
    1. How do you clean it?
    2. Are the pieces-parts easily replaceable (both in the acquisition and the actual work to do it)?

If any of those questions gets a complicated answer, I move on to a better-designed model. Lets just say I had to learn those things the hard way...
    Both good questions... and I bought this thing on the "reputaion" of the company..... That'll learn me!

Wednesday:

Pushups day.... egg delivery day...... Grocery run...... guess which got done... everything EXCEPT the exercise... I blame the snow.. We had flurries for about 30 minutes after I got home from my errands.... 1 flake was good enough for me! Though the weather-gussers were saying just rain, no snow..... jack-wagons.... couldn't guess their own weight if they were standing on a scale! (yeah, I'm a natural curmudgeon.... no training was required)

Diet:

B: shredded chicken and monterey jack omlette

L: BAS, hamburger patty

D: greek yogurt, portobello mushroom burger

OK, I have never eaten a Portobello mushroom as a burger bun before, but I found the idea intriguing. I bought some portobelo mushroom caps and sliced one like a burger bun, nuked teh burger patty, spiced it, cheesed it slapped it on the shroom, picked it up to eat it like a burger and it fell apart. Not to be undone, I et it like a patty melt...... pretty tasty! I must do that again!

OK, time for "I'm a dumazz" confession..... I took my wife's SUV to go grocery shopping, egg delivering yadda yadda yadda... (if she didn't want me to drive it, she never shoulda carpooled, and left the spare keys where I can find em!) She is a BIG fan of Tic-Tacs.... and generally I don't eat them because I don't find them all that appealing, but she had one of the 5 million Tic-Tac containers.... the ones that are the size of a small oil can... and they were of the orange variety, and never having had one I figured I'd give it a try... they are small.... what could POSSIBLY go wrong! So I pop 3 or 4 in my mouth.... MMMMMMM these are tasty...... they are small.... (here's the part where I'm a dumazz) and they are sugar-free! COOL! So, I pour 10 or 15.... then another 10-15.... then enough t look like I had a wad of chew in my jaw...... At the end of the day, I ate half the container.... hmmm maybe I outta look at the ingredients list..... Item #1? Sugar What did I learn from this? My wife is out to sabbatoge my weight loss cuz she's jealous.... no? lol Actually, I didn't really learn anything.... I already knew I was a dumazz (sometimes)....

Oh, and my scale has gotten tired of the verbal abuse I heap on it on a nearly daily basis and has decided to comply with my wishes to reflect weight loss when I stand on said device..... today's lie? 225.6 lb Monday it told me 227.5.... I love being lied to!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 03-07-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ha...You had a little tictac carb refeed and lost weight. That won't teach you anything, except to try it again next time you have a stall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Ha...You had a little tictac carb refeed and lost weight. That won't teach you anything, except to try it again next time you have a stall.
    I'm hard headed anyway... it's doubtfull I would learn anything to begin with!

OK... I just signed up for a Mud Run in early April. I am already signed up for a 5k road race at the end of March..... hmmm I wonder if I am biting off a bit more than I can chew.....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    OK... I just signed up for a Mud Run in early April. I am already signed up for a 5k road race at the end of March..... hmmm I wonder if I am biting off a bit more than I can chew.....
    woo hoo - you rock Doc. 5ks and then a mud run - that is awesome............. however step away from the tic tacs !!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....