Page 351 of 565 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 5641

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 351

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    From faggots to cheese - totally the most interesting journal ever. I think if I didn't like cheese, I'd have been a skinny girl much of my life. At least until I truly discovered alcohol in my 50s.

Doc, cool on the soon to be dad getting married.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am trying to cut cheese out of my life except for during the holidays when the cheese plate is often the only Primal option.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Busy night tonight...... but it makes the night go by faster....

I made the Farmhouse chicken, bacon and pork soup today..... very good flavor. I need to add some water to it, as it is a bit salty. It has more meat in it than the recipe called for. I added 2 extra thighs, cuz you never have too many of them. It also has 5-6 strips of bacon and a ham hock, celery, potato, red bell pepper and onion. The flavor is very good, but I let too much water cook out of it... and the bacon and hock added a lot of salt, so I need to water it down a bit...

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Busy night tonight...... but it makes the night go by faster....
    Ditto, but day! I'm covering for a guy who's off for a month, whilst barely knowing what I'm doing, head up backside time....

I made the Farmhouse chicken, bacon and pork soup today..... very good flavor. I need to add some water to it, as it is a bit salty. It has more meat in it than the recipe called for. I added 2 extra thighs, cuz you never have too many of them. It also has 5-6 strips of bacon and a ham hock, celery, potato, red bell pepper and onion. The flavor is very good, but I let too much water cook out of it... and the bacon and hock added a lot of salt, so I need to water it down a bit...
    You can never get enough thigh sir, ooh err....At least the salt will preserve it for a bit, if it gets the chance that is....Sounds good though!

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    From faggots to cheese - totally the most interesting journal ever. I think if I didn't like cheese, I'd have been a skinny girl much of my life. At least until I truly discovered alcohol in my 50s.
    It does deviate a bit, or is it deviant....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    It does deviate a bit, or is it deviant....
    either works....

Ditto, but day! I'm covering for a guy who's off for a month, whilst barely knowing what I'm doing, head up backside time....

You can never get enough thigh sir, ooh err....At least the salt will preserve it for a bit, if it gets the chance that is....Sounds good though!
    head up backside? Hell, you could be in management!

True.. no such thing as too much thigh...

head up backside? Hell, you could be in management!
    Lol, if the management where you are is like ours, then not bleedin' likely, as alas the word 'no' is still in my vocabulary (or words to that effect!)....as I think I mentioned before, there ain't enough bleach to turn me collar white....

Lol, if the management where you are is like ours, then not bleedin' likely, as alas the word 'no' is still in my vocabulary (or words to that effect!)....as I think I mentioned before, there ain't enough bleach to turn me collar white....
    lol... I turned to the white collar side a few years ago... but still know how to say NO! Then again, I have never been a Yes Man....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good morning Doc and all.

Doc, I know hindsight is 20/20, but there's a TV chef named Anne Burrell who says that soup is the one thing she salts at the end. And for just the reason you cited. She does salt any veggies/meat if she sautes them before making the soup, though.

Chicken, bacon, pork soup sounds absolutely fantastic!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.