Page 314 of 584 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 5837

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 314

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    the horse lives at home or ranges up the road so we already have any weeds she is going to give us. i'm poss much more permaculturish than you so i usually do no dig beds, unless it is potatoes, and mulch lots instead of weeding. i also garden on a much smaller scale which is why i can get away with such a slack approach. a steaming compost heap on a cold morning is quite a sight to behold tho.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    the horse lives at home or ranges up the road so we already have any weeds she is going to give us. i'm poss much more permaculturish than you so i usually do no dig beds, unless it is potatoes, and mulch lots instead of weeding. i also garden on a much smaller scale which is why i can get away with such a slack approach. a steaming compost heap on a cold morning is quite a sight to behold tho.
    yes, it is...

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Seas i need to find out where to buy the maori potatos????? I really want to try growing some.
    I have gourmet radish, carrotts, lettuce, onions, rootbeet, beans, cabbage, sweet peas, spinach, rhubarb and silverbeet frowing already. As well as a few herbs......... So Gwamma has done okay this year with the vege garden!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Seas i need to find out where to buy the maori potatos????? I really want to try growing some.
    I have gourmet radish, carrotts, lettuce, onions, rootbeet, beans, cabbage, sweet peas, spinach, rhubarb and silverbeet frowing already. As well as a few herbs......... So Gwamma has done okay this year with the vege garden!!!!!
    wow... that quite the plot ya got going on there....

I is also growing a couple of weeds Doc, and the bloody lambs have had a wee field day.....as they do........but nothing tastes better than a nibbled on carrot!!!!

...small steps....

I is also growing a couple of weeds Doc, and the bloody lambs have had a wee field day.....as they do........but nothing tastes better than a nibbled on carrot!!!!
    or the flavor of a roasted wee lamb after feeding on a wee carrot or two....

NNNNNOOOOO Doc , one cant eat something with a name!!!!!!! You know the rules!!!!!!!!!!
    I need to try and post a piccy of little pebbble.......... She would have to be the prettiest lamb ever, and being one never to exaggerate, you will know that she is one cute wee lambchop!!!!
    However noodle oodle oo on the other hand is cute in a different way, and honker.......... Well hes not actually cute!!!!!!!

...small steps....

NNNNNOOOOO Doc , one cant eat something with a name!!!!!!! You know the rules!!!!!!!!!!
    I need to try and post a piccy of little pebbble.......... She would have to be the prettiest lamb ever, and being one never to exaggerate, you will know that she is one cute wee lambchop!!!!
    However noodle oodle oo on the other hand is cute in a different way, and honker.......... Well hes not actually cute!!!!!!!
    ahhhh, but geese will eats weeds and bugs but not veggies.... as opposed to wee lamb that eats veggies and not the weeds or bugs..... Yes no naming farm animals...., Grand-daughter named the first set of meat chickens we ever raised..... Lunch, Dinner, Chicken Nuggets etc..... so I had no qualms about doing them in, and eating them...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, next time you get a lamb, you must name it something like Burgers (I do love me a lamb burger with feta cheese and tzaziki sauce).

Good morning Doc and all.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Seas i need to find out where to buy the maori potatos?????
    try trademe. or koanga. my farmer's market sells them too. you can chit and plant maori potatoes that get sold for eating too if you can find them in the shops. there's loads of different varieties which are way better than the purple ones. they taste way way way and way better than the modern potatoes. i've got a whole stack in already so i have none left. remind me next year and i will send you some. oooh actually. that does remind me. i got sent some a while ago and they sent me the wrong kind, which i didnt plant in case they wanted them back. if you PM me your addy, i can send them to you when i go to town next week.