Page 313 of 446 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 4453

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 313

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Forgot to mention squire, asked me butcher for they venison backstraps on Saturday, it'd be cheaper for me to buy a gun, go shoot the deer and and dress it than to buy it....A filllet was 12, the backstrap was 3 and 1/2 times that, at the current exchange rate that's about $67!
    i think farmed venison here is pushing $30nz/kg and it tastes like beef to me. it is difficult to buy wild venison. other than from places that sell game meats and there arent many of them. only advantage of being able to buy it ( we used to have someone on the farmer's market here ) is if you factor in your diesel to get where you are going, your time bashing around the boonies looking for bambi, assuming you find bambi etc etc, it actual is usually cheaper just to buy it. unless you know where bambi is and how to get there in a straight line and you can shoot properly. and you dont have to buy backstraps, leg steaks are also incredibly nice and they werent expensive. venison shanks are sublime too.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Was playing on the interwebs earlier today. Went to my Facebook page, and saw a group for Independent Duty Hospital Corpsman.... since I were one when I was on active duty, I joined. Holycrap... I found 3 or 4 guys I went to IDC school with there.... one of them posted our class picture..... I remember most of the guys names.... funny thing is, I almost didn't recognise myself in the picture... I was 26 at the time.... godifeeloldsomedays.... I also found a picture of me a year later when I was promoted to Chief Petty Officer..... Feels like that was a million years ago..... and on other days, it seems like it was just yesterday.... I can still remember the smell of the boat, the feel of the ship when she was underway, the sounds of the hull as she submerged or changed depth... I miss it sometimes....

Mayhaps, I am just waxing nostalgic. A guy that worked for me in the 90's retired last week.... I find a bunch of old shipmates yesterday... and today would be my oldest sons 31st birthday. A good day to hoist a beverage to friends, and family....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Doc - me has raised a wee glass in honor of the 31st birfday.
    Good lord they get old quick!!!!!!!! And Doc i still remember that lovely photy of you from months past - and you looked HOT!!!!! So stop your whining women and get on with it !!!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Doc - me has raised a wee glass in honor of the 31st birfday.
    Good lord they get old quick!!!!!!!! And Doc i still remember that lovely photy of you from months past - and you looked HOT!!!!! So stop your whining women and get on with it !!!!!
    G x
    lol... thanks for the toast... and the compliment... but methinks ye be wearing beer goggles if'n ya thinks me hot..

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I hold a bit of a torch for you...
    ...And DD.
    *swoon*
    A girl can dream.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

i dont really drink that much and i've been on the water so not a booze goggle in sight around here. you look pretty hot to me too! while i am in your journal. i was discussing the merits, in passing, of goose or poultry dung as a fertiliser in our kiwi thread. from memory you can put it fresh on blackcurrants and rhubarb? i got a zucchini plant today to put on my compost heap. the horse wont eat pumpkin plants so here's hoping she leaves the zucchini alone.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I hold a bit of a torch for you...
    ...And DD.
    *swoon*
    A girl can dream.
    ok..damit, now I'm blushing....

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i dont really drink that much and i've been on the water so not a booze goggle in sight around here. you look pretty hot to me too! while i am in your journal. i was discussing the merits, in passing, of goose or poultry dung as a fertiliser in our kiwi thread. from memory you can put it fresh on blackcurrants and rhubarb? i got a zucchini plant today to put on my compost heap. the horse wont eat pumpkin plants so here's hoping she leaves the zucchini alone.
    I'm not sure you can use poultry poo uncomposted, as it is very high in nitrogen and will burn whatever you put it on. Once it is composted, it makes a wonderful fertilizer.... as do horse doo

i have to say i prefer horse. we dont share common parasites with horses so it always smells alot lot nicer than chook poo. well horses themselves smell divine for some reason. pity we cant bottle that horse smell. eau de horse. i usually sniff ours at least once a day and she always looks at me like i am crazy, but not as crazy as when i tried to ride her. she was not impressed then LOL

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i have to say i prefer horse. we dont share common parasites with horses so it always smells alot lot nicer than chook poo. well horses themselves smell divine for some reason. pity we cant bottle that horse smell. eau de horse. i usually sniff ours at least once a day and she always looks at me like i am crazy, but not as crazy as when i tried to ride her. she was not impressed then LOL
    The biggest problem I find with horse poo is that it is chock full of weed seeds, and you have to have a very "hot" compost pile to kill them... Since I don't turn my compost often enough, it raarly gets hot enough long enough to kill the seeds, which is why I get great "volunteer" veggies growing in my compost pile...