Page 3 of 565 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 3

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Monday

Today will be a run day. It is significantly cooler, so I anticipate much less of a problem finishing the 5 miles today than the last time I jogged that distance.

Diet: B: Roast beast.... yum!

S: 1/2 cup yogurt w/ strawberry preserves

L: More roast beast w/ mushrooms and onions

D: BAS w/ baked chicken leftovers

Wt: 244 Lost 3 lbs this week! I now weigh what I weighed when I retired from the Navy 13 years ago!

Just finished my jog..... 5 miles..... well, more like 4 3/4 miles but my ego likes 5 miles better! Anyway, finished 5 minutes faster than the first time I jogged the same course. It is 20 degrees cooler and a misty rain. Yeah the rain was a motivational factor!

Tuesday: It's a rainy cool day again today. Fortunately for me it's a rest day... so I may get some reading done today...

Diet: B: Beef and vegetable stew made with the broth from the roas beast from the other day..... not quite as good as sex buuuuut pretty close! lol

L: 2 thick slices of meatloaf

D: BAS with diced chicken, feta cheese and olive oil for dressing

Wednesday

Today was a circuit day. Got started a little later in the day than normal, but it worked out for the best. The day started out gray and misty and by the time I got in to my exercise togs it was partly cloudy and the mist had burned off. The temp was perfect. A great day to be outside. I finished my 3 sets of 25 squats, 20 pushups, 20 body rows, and 20 situps. I think that next week I will increase the push ups and body rows to 25 reps.

Diet: B: 1 slice of meatloaf and a bowl of vegetable beef soup.

L: 2 thick slices of roast beast w/ stewed mushrooms and onions.

D: Fasted

Thursday

Today is a run day. A "5 mile" course that I have been taking on this week and last. The temp will be in the mid to low 60's.... great running weather. No rain in the forcast today, so it should be an enjoyable run.

Diet: B: Ate the last of that savory beef and vegetable soup/stew. After a few meals of a leftover I start to get tired of it, but that soup was delish.

S: A couple of handfuls of walnuts, 6 small squares of dark chocolate.

L: A large bowl of tomato and vegetable soup. Hmm.. I sense a recurrent soupy theme going on here....

D: Fasting

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    valmason01, yes I have 40 layer currently producing and 40 more that should be producing eggs by Feb/March time frame. I also do meat birds for my freezer, and a few to sell.
    Now I am really really jealous! Good for you! Keep up the good work. Another suggestion is to take the carcass and make bone broth out of it.

Grok on!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Hey valmason01, thanks for stopping by! I am sure that you will get your flock the size you want soon enough. I don't know whats FLa's rules are, some locations allow for a few hens in town... some do not. Do you have a line on a good supplier of chicks?

Friday;.... another 24 hour day. Exhausting. Fortunately it was a rest day. Gorgeous day though. Had some errands to run, and I got the 2 newest hen houses set up for the new residents. They should move in on Saturday. Got the "Big House" ready to move on Saturday as well. The tractor that pulls it has been sitting for nearly a year in the same location, so the battery needs to be recharged. Have Bok Choy to put in the ground as well as some lettuce. Fence post holes to dig... farm chores never end.... but at least I get all the vitamin D I need! lol and shoulder workouts too!!!

Diet: B: 3 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage patties (10pm thursday)

L: Vegetable soup (6 am friday)

L2: BAS (11 am)

D: Meatballs in marinara sauce with sauted yellow squash and zucchini (4:30 pm)

Saturday, Today is a circuit day. I have been working in the garden all day long. Pulling weeds, planting, hoeing and my exercises haven't gotten done. I filled a 12' boxed garden bed with compost via 5 gallon buckets. Took 24 trips to get it done. I did 12 buckets full carried with the right hand, then 12 carried with the left hand... gotta have balance! It was a gorgeous sunny day. Temp in the low 70's or upper 60's. Wel, gotta go get my exercise togs on... circuit training awaits!

Diet: B: 3 scrambled eggs with diced green and red peppers and mushrooms, coffee with heavy cream. no sweetner.

L: since lunch was so late, I just had a small salad.

D: Baked boneless pork chops, BAS, oven roasted pumpkin, acorn squash and delicata squash.

Note to self..... exercise BEFORE you do farm work!!! Got it done, but it kicked my ass!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 10-13-2012 at 05:44 PM.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    RIght now I live in an apartment complex. I havent figured out how to hide the chickens from management. I will get there though! In the meantime Publix does sell organic whole chickens and one is going in the oven tonight for supper, lunches next week and bone broth.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, those mangement types can be a bit testy over chicken poo in the carpet...... You dinner sounds delish!