Page 299 of 506 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 5054

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 299

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    my dad always used to tell me a wise man never makes the same mistake once or something like that. kids put a stop to my wider investment in jim, john and jack and the kids horse and the dog put stop to a lot of my holidays. i can play the guitar but we wont go there LOL thankfully i kinda live somewhere where it is like being on holiday all year as it is so beautiful. so it is a win win situation.
    I think I mentioned before that where you lives sounded idyllic, onto a winner if you got that deal, apart from the lack of J, J & J of course!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I am going to a retirement ceremony today. The celebrant is a fellow that worked for me waaaay back in the days of sail, and grog was allowed on US Navy ships.... OK, not quite that long ago, but certainly nearly 20 years ago. He asked me for career advice a few years ago, he took the advice to go to Submarine School, and is now retiring from the Navy. Very proud of him... Will certainly have a cider or 5 at an Irish pub that is near the ceremony site...... THEN off to the running store I go, need some more socks and a muscle massage implement.... I saw them when I bought my new shoes.... something like this:

Amazon.com: The Stick Self Massage Muscle Body Massager Runners Mobility Tool - Free 2-3 Day Shipping (Sprinter Stick): Health & Personal Care

May stop and get some Crispin cider to sample for the weekend......
    Have a good time squire, be warned though, some of the Irish pubs I know are mighty difficult to get out of, the 20ft from the bar to the door will seem longer than that marathon yer training for....

That massage things weird an' all!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I think I mentioned before that where you lives sounded idyllic, onto a winner if you got that deal, apart from the lack of J, J & J of course!

Have a good time squire, be warned though, some of the Irish pubs I know are mighty difficult to get out of, the 20ft from the bar to the door will seem longer than that marathon yer training for....

That massage things weird an' all!
    Aye tiz true.... but tiz a fight worth having!

Aye tiz true.... but tiz a fight worth having!
    Arr, and one I've lost a time or two!

as have I, but fought valiantly, none the less.....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it is only my iron self discipline. the js are all just around the corner. literally. well if you can call 3ks away around the corner.

i've lost a few of those fights too but afore mentioned small children have put paid to me going into battle on this front. i am also forever telling them not to pick fights they are going to lose so it would be a tad hypocritical if they had to come get me LOL

as have I, but fought valiantly, none the less.....
    Oh yes, being a fighter not a lover, have fought that battle with heroic valour a few times....

it is only my iron self discipline. the js are all just around the corner. literally. well if you can call 3ks away around the corner.

i've lost a few of those fights too but afore mentioned small children have put paid to me going into battle on this front. i am also forever telling them not to pick fights they are going to lose so it would be a tad hypocritical if they had to come get me LOL
    Lol, 'accidents' do happen though....

Oh yes, being a fighter not a lover, have fought that battle with heroic valour a few times....

Lol, 'accidents' do happen though....
    Ya gotta love a good fight!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am generally a lover not a fighter. but no one is perfect. i think the best example i can set my kids *cough* is to live my life.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    i am generally a lover not a fighter. but no one is perfect. i think the best example i can set my kids *cough* is to live my life.
    That is true. Lead by example. I distrust parents who live through their children rather than continue to be themselves and watch their offspring, er, spring off.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Friday, I went to a retirement ceremony for a guy that worked for me in the 90's. He joined the submarine force, at my recomendation, and had a great carreer. He retires with 24 years of active duty service, and is going to complete his BS degree and then go to Physician's Assistant school. He will be a great PA..... After the ceremony, there were the typical catered foods and beer, wine, sodas etc. I had a couple of beers and stood around and shot the bull with several guys that serve with my friend. After the bull session, some of my new aquaintences wanted to go have a few at a place called the Taphouse..... So I ventured along. I had heard about the place but had never been..... holymoly.... 163 beers on tap.... I could have stayed there for weeks trying all of there samples..... but I opted for a Woodchuck apple-raspberry cider, and then a pear cider. I had never had a pear cider before.... I think I need to plant a few more pear trees! holy smokes that stuff if good!

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. Went to a BBQ at my retired buddie's house. Drug my wife along. They had nit sen my wife in several years, so everyone got a chance to get caught up on the gossip yadda, yadda, yadda. We learnd that another of our friends, a guy that worked for my wife, was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer about a week ago. That put a dark mark on an otherwise happy time. So, lots of positive thoughts are going his way.

Saturday was a bit chilly. There was a heavy frost on the ground, and it killed all of the squash I have growing. fortunately, most of the kubocha squash were ripe, but none of the acorn squash were anywhere close to ripe. Bummer....

Sunday was a little warmer. it was 45 degrees when I let the chickens out. I ran some errands and when I got back it had gotten up to a blistering 54 degrees.... Went for a run. Finished 8 miles, and ran it at a 150 bpm pace, which is faster than I usually run that distance. Legs feel great. No pain in the ankle or the knee. Still iced the ankle as a precaution.