Page 288 of 585 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 5849

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 288

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Awww. When do you guys get to spend time together?

Any plans for a wild party with your MDA friends while the wife is away?

I saw an interview with Christina Applegate within the last few years. What an amazing lady!
    The wife and I see one another on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday morning... and most of Sunday for me is a "run day", so I am out of the house early. One of the beauties of this arrangement, is we never argue..... NO parties planned. I still have farm stuff to do while she is gone, and that keeps me too busy to play fast and loose....which is probably a good thing I guess. Other than the occasional cider, no "fun" is in the works....
    Actually, I will be trying my hand at fermented sauerkraut this week..... that sounds like fun!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That is good. My husband works a lot of 16 hour shifts, so we get some weekday evenings and weekend mornings. This weekend, he had 3 days off. We made the most of our time together by visiting an out door museum. There are pics in my journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    That is good. My husband works a lot of 16 hour shifts, so we get some weekday evenings and weekend mornings. This weekend, he had 3 days off. We made the most of our time together by visiting an out door museum. There are pics in my journal.
    Those are some pretty awesome pics....

Not much done today. It's still misty rain, and the ground is waterlogged, so there is no garden activity. Did do my push-ups and leg raises today. AND I diced up some cabbage to ferment in to sauerkraut..... A good day for sleeping.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Good day all!

Gonna have a lazy one meself, taken a sick day cuz of me back, going to lie down and gather wool, might hobble up the GP's, will probably be bored out of me tiny by noon!

I envies you be able to do push ups and leg raises!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Gonna have a lazy one meself, taken a sick day cuz of me back, going to lie down and gather wool, might hobble up the GP's, will probably be bored out of me tiny by noon!

I envies you be able to do push ups and leg raises!
    It was unenviable at the time... that shite hurts! lol... Enjoy your "down day"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Doc, I was wondering if while you're training for this marathon if you ever give yourself two whole days in a row to just rest and repair? Do you use massage at all?

Dave, hope the back feels better!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Doc, I was wondering if while you're training for this marathon if you ever give yourself two whole days in a row to just rest and repair? Do you use massage at all?

2 days in a row? lol... no. My routine goes something like this: Monday: push-ups and leg raises Tuesday: Off (egg delivery day) Wednesday: 4 mile run Thursday: Pull-ups and squats Friday: 4 mile run Saturday: Handstand pushups and bridges (though I have yet to do either of these... Cant seem to get in to exercise on Saturday) Sunday: long run

Body weight Exercise is 3 sets of each exercise. Currently I am working on knee push-up, bent knee leg raise, horizontal rows and full squats. I should be doing a headstand and small bridges, but cant seem to get that work in so far.

Massage? No, but I'm not against the idea... I taught at a school once that had a massage therapy program. I thought about taking the course.... but decided against it.

Well, I made my suaerkraut on Monday, and checked the jar this morning when I got home. The metal lid was bowed out slightly, so I knew there was a little pressure in the jar. I took the lid off and tasted the cabbage. It was very salty, and didn't taste like "cabbage". It was also kind of "fizzy", like a soda. I put the lid back on loosely and put it the jar in a pan back in the pantry. It was hissing that last time I checked..... apparently it's working...... I'll check it again in a couple of days, and taste it again.

I had to make a trip in the the grocery store, and found that they had the plastic mason jar lids. I picked up a package of them. There is a brew store locally, so I can get airlocks and grommets there....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    It was unenviable at the time... that shite hurts! lol... Enjoy your "down day"
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Thanks guys, went to the quack, got prescribed Co-codamol and Naproxen, bit unsure of the Co-Co what with it being codeine based and stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    2 days in a row? lol... no. My routine goes something like this: Monday: push-ups and leg raises Tuesday: Off (egg delivery day) Wednesday: 4 mile run Thursday: Pull-ups and squats Friday: 4 mile run Saturday: Handstand pushups and bridges (though I have yet to do either of these... Cant seem to get in to exercise on Saturday) Sunday: long run

Body weight Exercise is 3 sets of each exercise. Currently I am working on knee push-up, bent knee leg raise, horizontal rows and full squats. I should be doing a headstand and small bridges, but cant seem to get that work in so far.

Massage? No, but I'm not against the idea... I taught at a school once that had a massage therapy program. I thought about taking the course.... but decided against it.
    Still say that's pretty impressive what with all the other stuff you do.