Page 281 of 584 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 5837

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 281

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    That sounds yummy... the last batch of bone broth I made turned to jelly in the fridge.... and I thought I had done something wrong... apparently not!
    no that is the aim. the more jelly the better. and these were venison hocks, not bone broth so i was very pleased. the hocks are an absolute nightmare to cut all the silverskin off to turn into tiny thin slivers of meat so i slow cook them instead. you could probably remove the meat off the bone and shred it up a bit and make a very nice meat pie with it and the gravy. and maybe some cheese. venison and cheese pie is very yuumy. i just remove the pastry. something about cooking a pie. not sure what. but you need the pastry to make the inside work. covering the top with something doesnt come out the same.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Did a bit of a run yesterday. Was planning on doing 8, but after my squats on Thursday my left hammie was feeling a bit tweeky. I ran on Friday, and it waws kinda sore then and still sore on Sunday, so I backed off of the distance to rest it a bit... I probably could have done the distance, but didn't want to chance injuring myself and then having to not run at all, which would throw my training schedule off. So I took it easy. Then shoveled mulch..... fortunately there wasn't much to shovel..

Saturday I sprayed the garden with rotten fish and garlic.... oh yum that! I got some kelp and fish emulsion fertilizer from Neptune's Harvet, and a garlic based insect repellant. so I sprayed the garden... now all the neighborhood cats will be in the garden! Maybe the garlic will keep them out....

Harvested my first kabocha squash, entirely by accident. I was lifting it to look at the bottom side of the squash, and the neck snapped off of the vine.... luckily it was ripe. I have buttternut and delicata squash that are almost ripe. Harvested a little bit of arugula, and Ihave some swiss chard that is ready. The chinese cabbage and the bok choy are getting close to being ready as well.... Still getting tomatos too.

The veggies for the resturant are coming along. the mizzuna is about 4" tall, which is a harveastable size... the mizuna is a llittle shorter, but not far behind. Radishes are doing well too....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Totally agree with that. Locker room - no probs. First time nekkid in front of a man I might like - omg, pass the tequila please. (Or any other liquid courage, or smokeable courage, or snortable courage - you get my drift.)
    Me not sure how snorting snuff is courage enhancing....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Did a bit of a run yesterday. Was planning on doing 8, but after my squats on Thursday my left hammie was feeling a bit tweeky. I ran on Friday, and it waws kinda sore then and still sore on Sunday, so I backed off of the distance to rest it a bit... I probably could have done the distance, but didn't want to chance injuring myself and then having to not run at all, which would throw my training schedule off. So I took it easy. Then shoveled mulch..... fortunately there wasn't much to shovel..
    Know what you're saying about aggrevating an injury, done me back (again) last week putting me training shorts on, ironically! Want to resume doing something as I hate being idle, but don't want to make it worse!

Saturday I sprayed the garden with rotten fish and garlic.... oh yum that! I got some kelp and fish emulsion fertilizer from Neptune's Harvet, and a garlic based insect repellant. so I sprayed the garden... now all the neighborhood cats will be in the garden! Maybe the garlic will keep them out....
    That must smell devine, don't think that 'ould make good aftershave....

Harvested my first kabocha squash, entirely by accident. I was lifting it to look at the bottom side of the squash, and the neck snapped off of the vine.... luckily it was ripe. I have buttternut and delicata squash that are almost ripe. Harvested a little bit of arugula, and Ihave some swiss chard that is ready. The chinese cabbage and the bok choy are getting close to being ready as well.... Still getting tomatos too.

The veggies for the resturant are coming along. the mizzuna is about 4" tall, which is a harveastable size... the mizuna is a llittle shorter, but not far behind. Radishes are doing well too....
    Nice job sir, sounds like the crops are coming on grand?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Me not sure how snorting snuff is courage enhancing....

Know what you're saying about aggrevating an injury, done me back (again) last week putting me training shorts on, ironically! Want to resume doing something as I hate being idle, but don't want to make it worse!

That must smell devine, don't think that 'ould make good aftershave....

Nice job sir, sounds like the crops are coming on grand?
    Oh it smells great... if you like the scent o fish guts...... The cats think it's devine! Not exactly what I would be trolling for.....

Yes, the crops are coming on grandly!

Oh it smells great... if you like the scent o fish guts...... The cats think it's devine! Not exactly what I would be trolling for.....
    Nor me, I don't envy you that one, that's for sure....

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Why do you spray your garden with fish guts and garlic?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Why do you spray your garden with fish guts and garlic?
    The fish and kelp have amino acids and micro nutrients that aren't in regular fertilizer. The garlic acts is supposed to act like an insect repellant. According to the company literature, bugs react to garlic like people react to ammonia...

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    The fish and kelp have amino acids and micro nutrients that aren't in regular fertilizer. The garlic acts is supposed to act like an insect repellant. According to the company literature, bugs react to garlic like people react to ammonia...
    I can't imagine you have neighbors... they won't be happy...
    Did you mix the fish stuff with the earth? or did you just placed it on top?
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

And I imagine the garden now smells like a French trawlerman....

Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I hear you, living in somewhat tight quarters, I imagine my neighbours would have a lynching party if I tried it, saying that a 100ft garden, includung an excuse for a garage isn't quite a farm!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    no, actually is was a liquid mixed at 1/4 cup to a gallon of water. Nearest neighbor is about 100 yards from the garden, and the smell disipated over a day or so. They do have a kelp meal, but I have a liquid fertilizer.