Page 275 of 554 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 5538

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 275

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Love that book. I should read it again, it's been a while. Only problem is, you then expect that kind of quality from other prepper fiction, and it's not there.
    yeah, it was... parts were hard to read though.... and I'm afraid it may not be very far from the truth.....

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Ahh well, your just south of the arctic circle.... I can understand that...
    ROFL !!

We LIKE the snow on the mountains. Playtime in winter to slide down the snow with boards on our feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    ROFL !!

We LIKE the snow on the mountains. Playtime in winter to slide down the snow with boards on our feet!
    lol... yup I like snow on the mountains too! Sliding down hills on boards strapped to your feet is a great way for a fat old guy like me to end up with a bend in his leg where a bend ain't supposed to be! I'd rather sit and watch the snow bunnies and sip cider... preferably hard cider....

Earlier this week, I went to The Bookstore (here, that would be Barnes & Noble) and picked up the book "Real Food Fermentation" by Alex Lewin and have been reading through it. He covers all manner of fermented foods; Veg, Dairy, Fruit, and Meat. As it goes, I have never eaten "real" sauerkraut (cuz I've never been a real big fan of cabbage) and after reading through the section on veggies (which starts with sauerkraut), and I have green, red, chinese cabbages and bok choy growing in the garden, I have a feeling I may be trying my hand at fermenting some cabbage.... If I don't like it, I'm sure the chickens will eat it! The LOVE cabbage! If not, the compst pile will have a new addition....

I also got the last of the Game of Thrones books. Will probably start reading that next week. First I have to finish the Ferented Foods book, and a book I a currently reading called "Soil, Grass and Cancer" by Andre Voisin. It was published in 1959, so some of the data is a little dated, but the concept is many disease processes in the body are either caused by or enabled, exacerbated, influenced by mineral deficiencies in the food we eat. Those deficiencies are caused, primarily, by the lack of those minerals in the soil the food was grown in, or the feed grown in those soils that are fed to animals we eat. His focus seems to be mostly on the micronutrients and their interrelation with hormonal processes, protein synthesis, and immune response. Interesting reading....

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Good day all!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol... yup I like snow on the mountains too! Sliding down hills on boards strapped to your feet is a great way for a fat old guy like me to end up with a bend in his leg where a bend ain't supposed to be! I'd rather sit and watch the snow bunnies and sip cider... preferably hard cider....
    I'm with that, never found the interest to hurtle done a mountain dodging trees, animals, people and stuff, if you want some company to sit and watch said madness mind, I'm the man for the job....

I think it's the smell of cabbage cooking that puts people off, it's probably a different animal fermented!

That book sounds like it might have a point, even one made that long ago....

Going AWOL for a few days, off to the Channel Islands for a long weekend, hope everyone has a good weekend, see ya's next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

I'm with that, never found the interest to hurtle done a mountain dodging trees, animals, people and stuff, if you want some company to sit and watch said madness mind, I'm the man for the job....

I think it's the smell of cabbage cooking that puts people off, it's probably a different animal fermented!

That book sounds like it might have a point, even one made that long ago....

Going AWOL for a few days, off to the Channel Islands for a long weekend, hope everyone has a good weekend, see ya's next week!
    Enjoy the vacation! Don't have too many energy drinks!... Hoist at least 1 for me though!

Sunday: Ran 14 miles.... which puts me close to the longest distance I have ever run.... Legs are sore today, but not as sore as they were 2 weeks ago when I ran 12 miles..... I tried some Nuun, an electrolite replacement. It wasn't bad. I was kind of leary of using it, as it has sorbitol in it. It beats the tar out of Gatoraide, that for sure! Interestingly, I ran the whole distance in a fasting state. I only had a cup of coffee and some water prior to the run... I was hungry as a hostage when the run was over! Soaked in the tub for awhile, then ate some baked cod, 2 boiled eggs and a pumpkin and egg "pancake"..... and as it turns out, that was the only thing I ate all day...

Had steak (Delmonico) and eggs with a small sweet potato for breakfast. I have steak (rib steak) and sweet potato and a BAS for lunch...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Stamina, pace and experience, eh? You've got it going on.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Lucky you! i went to Sark once. it was awesome. unreal bread stuff. Guernsey or jersey gache maybe? stacks of duty free cigarettes and booze and no cars. would be party city and i would get so ill but it would be worth it!! have fun!

way to go on the 14 miles doc! makes my measly sprint intervals first thing, 12 k walk with fido and a 6k bike with the kids today pale into insignificance. how long before the big event?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Lucky you! i went to Sark once. it was awesome. unreal bread stuff. Guernsey or jersey gache maybe? stacks of duty free cigarettes and booze and no cars. would be party city and i would get so ill but it would be worth it!! have fun!

way to go on the 14 miles doc! makes my measly sprint intervals first thing, 12 k walk with fido and a 6k bike with the kids today pale into insignificance. how long before the big event?
    The marathon is in mid-March.... St Paddy's Day weekend...