Page 274 of 501 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 5006

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 274

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Lucky for some ain't it, only way you'd be able to do that over here is in one of they hydroponic things....
    Thats what ya get for living north of the Arctic Circle!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I, very briefly, was sent to the tomato greenhouses to learn the appliance of science during my biology A-Level. I was taken into one of the said greenhouses and told to prune the plants. There were no gloves for me to wear, so the chap peeled off his and told me to use them. The gloves were very, very wet with sweat. Putting one's hands in salt-wet gloves is almost as revolting as - I imagine - placing one's manhood in a pre-loved condom. I went home and complained that I was being used as slave labour. My parents complained to the school and I was reassigned to the Council, where I investigated their trial composting scheme for green waste. A very joyful week passed with many pub lunches and fascinating learning experiences with the rather dishy environmental health officer.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Lol, and I lives in the almost tropical (yeah right), southern end of the isle....

Lol, and I lives in the almost tropical (yeah right), southern end of the isle....
    So you start getting frost in September, instead of August? lol

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    The gloves were very, very wet with sweat. Putting one's hands in salt-wet gloves is almost as revolting as - I imagine - placing one's manhood in a pre-loved condom.
    That analogy almost made me gag! Not sure how a week of pub lunches can be better than that scenario....

So you start getting frost in September, instead of August? lol
    Sumfink like dat, hey we had a heatwave this year, managed a couple of days not wearing thermals....

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    That analogy almost made me gag! Not sure how a week of pub lunches can be better than that scenario....
    The gloves had had time to cool when I pulled them on. I gagged, let me tell you. An aircraft hanger full of pyramids of aerobically digesting compost was an absolute joy in comparison.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    The gloves had had time to cool when I pulled them on. I gagged, let me tell you. An aircraft hanger full of pyramids of aerobically digesting compost was an absolute joy in comparison.
    wait.... compost is better than a pre-loved condom???? I'm shocked, I tell ye! Shocked!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    tomatos grow very well here... I have had fresh tomatos in November if there is no hard frost
    Heh, it was 30 degrees at my house a couple days ago, and we've had rain that = snow on the mountains now!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    So Mapquest has topograghical maps with grid lines? lol.. j/k LandNav is a very useful skill..... particlarly when an EMP burst kills all the electrical stuff, including satelites...... but I'm not a conspiracy theorist..... or a Doomsday Prepper.... I just read a book called "One Second After" a couple of years ago.... some scary crap.
    Love that book. I should read it again, it's been a while. Only problem is, you then expect that kind of quality from other prepper fiction, and it's not there.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Heh, it was 30 degrees at my house a couple days ago, and we've had rain that = snow on the mountains now!
    Ahh well, your just south of the arctic circle.... I can understand that...