Page 27 of 501 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 27

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I can't STAND Rachel Ray.
    Eh, she used to look good from behind. Beyond that I wonder why she is on TV.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Gotta admit, I love watching Paula...my daughter and I have a game to see how many sticks of butter she goes thru in a show. Whenever she doesn't have butter in something, we wait for it as we know she'll find a way to put it on top! Hoping for a paleo cooking show in the future but then I am a big dreamer! No money in it for sponsors unless crossfit or whole foods people jump on it.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    If she's making something good, I just leave her muted. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how good the food is or how mute the tv is, I can't STAND Rachel Ray.
    This gets a 2 thumbs ups with an "Around the world" Z snap!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Gotta admit, I love watching Paula...my daughter and I have a game to see how many sticks of butter she goes thru in a show. Whenever she doesn't have butter in something, we wait for it as we know she'll find a way to put it on top! Hoping for a paleo cooking show in the future but then I am a big dreamer! No money in it for sponsors unless crossfit or whole foods people jump on it.
    Love her cooking.... I've loved cooking with butter for forever..... You are probably right about the paleo cooking show. It also goes contrary to CW in the cooking world... they looooooves some sugar and grains etc etc etc

Wednesday:

Pooooosh up and leg raises today. 3 sets of knee push ups- 40 reps each... time to move up! gosh was tired of wearing out my knees! Bent knee raises-3 sets 45 reps each.... next time its bend leg raises... Progress! woo hoo!

Diet:

B: scrambled eggs, hamburger cooked in butter, coffee w/ HC

L: pork steak w/ butter

D: hamburger patty cooked in butter yaawl!

S: yogurt

F 127g (70%) C:18g (4%) P: 106g (26%) total calories:1644 Thats 2 days in a row at 1600+ calories... I'm not starving, but I could certainly eat more and feel more satisfied.... I know, I can eat some more butter!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    not sure who Paula the cook is ??????............... but how are you doc - have you had an exceptional night shift ?????????
    My weeny teeny baby girl turned 18 today, althou it will be tomorrow in America - she was a weeny 9 week early 3 lb button and now is near on 5' 10".
    Anyhoo Gwamma is a weeny bit melancholic tonight. Missing my wee baby girl !!!!!

but however hope all is well in the sub household !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    not sure who Paula the cook is ??????............... but how are you doc - have you had an exceptional night shift ?????????
    My weeny teeny baby girl turned 18 today, althou it will be tomorrow in America - she was a weeny 9 week early 3 lb button and now is near on 5' 10".
    Anyhoo Gwamma is a weeny bit melancholic tonight. Missing my wee baby girl !!!!!

but however hope all is well in the sub household !
    Congrats on wee lassie attaining adulthood! Sorry your have the melacholies over it.... red wine cures all! (just kidding!) It is amazing how fast they grow up. Medical science is advancing in soe very amazing ways. 50 years ago a 3lb newborn had little chance of surviving to adulthood.... today, its a pretty routine thing for newbies llike that to make it to adulthood.
    It seems like just yesterday I was telling my two sons that they were getting a new set of luggage and a bus ticket to anywhere they wanted to go for their 18th birthday!.... I have had an empty nest for so long that I get crabby when I have visitors in the house for more than a few days..... yeah, I'm territorial like an old grouchy bear! Things in the sub-hold are going fine. Chickens are laying, seedlings are growing, I'm busier than a 1 legged man at a fanny kicking contest. but it keeps me out of trouble (mostly)...
    Paula the cook? That would be Paula Dean, the Butter Queen.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Doc - I have just written you a long and involved post, half cut on the red stuff, hit the wrong key - and voila - GONE................ so I will not try again
    but love to all the subs and off spring etc........
    catch you on the morrow
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Doc - I have just written you a long and involved post, half cut on the red stuff, hit the wrong key - and voila - GONE................ so I will not try again
    but love to all the subs and off spring etc........
    catch you on the morrow
    G x
    Well, that is my loss then! I look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy the remainder of your night/day! I can never tell with you upside down folk...

Thursday:
    Short run day. So I did my 3 mile circuit. Finished the course in 32:15, my fastest time so far. I did not run for the last 2 weeks to try to get "fat adapted". That time is fast enough for me to pass a Marine Corps PT test.... The last 3 runs I have done for the 3 mile course have all been under 33 minutes. I clocked in at 15:50 at the 1.5 mile mark, so could pas a Navy PT test.... except I'm about 30 lb overweight. I did 3 sets of 40 knee pushups on Wednesday, I feel pretty confident I could knock out 19 regular push ups to pass a Navy PT, and 29 sit up/crunches. Now the Marine PT test requires 40 crunches and 3 pull ups.... I'm pretty sure I got the crunches.... the pull ups are gonna pose a problem...

Diet:

B: 2 boiled eggs, pork steak, yogurt

L: pork steak and butter

D: tea and coconut oil

F: 111g (74%) C:8g (2%) P:82g (24%)
    total calories: 1349

My weight seems to be stuck at @230 lb. Since starting the HFLC routine, I have seen my waist drop 1" to 44" as well as an inch from my chest to 47". I am noticing the veins in my arms are visible up to about mid-forarm now, and veins in my legs are becoming more easily palpable, and down in to my calves too. I know I'm losing body fat.... I should quit lookin at the dang scale! Fargin bastage! Pardon the language... I was a sailor, what do you expect!