Page 264 of 504 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 5032

Thread: Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind... page 264

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I is a remarkably immature 45..... but there's no actual prostate screening over here, going by this Prostatehealth.aspx
    And for fairly good reason, much like mammography, the false positives tend to outweigh the benefit. I suspect that you could ask for a manual exam, if you felt concerned! Colonoscopies are standard here for all over 50s. I see the NHS doesn't start screening until people are in their 60s. I'd be more concerned about that tbh, prostate cancers are *usually* pretty slow growing.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    And for fairly good reason, much like mammography, the false positives tend to outweigh the benefit. I suspect that you could ask for a manual exam, if you felt concerned! Colonoscopies are standard here for all over 50s. I see the NHS doesn't start screening until people are in their 60s. I'd be more concerned about that tbh, prostate cancers are *usually* pretty slow growing.
    yup... at 50 they break out the 8 ft garden hose here too, though if you have bowel changes they will probe you much earlier... The best part of the whole colonoscopy thing is the drugs..... hell-to-the-yeah! The prep is the worst part.... <shudder>

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Dang.... no rectal probes by sadistic doctors? You guys are missing ALL the fun..... no guns.... no butt probes... I don't know how you manage!

ohhhh.... a curry bacon and egg dish.... the trifecta!
    TMI moment here, I did have a rectal exam once, when I done a disc in me back, cuz it was the disc where the nerves that control bowel function float about, I can give that away again, I can tell ee....

Boiled eggs in a curry are the kippers tits, not tried bacon yet, but oh yes....

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    As well as slow growing, I think I read somewhere virtually guaranteed as well, something else not to look forward to!

TMI moment here, I did have a rectal exam once, when I done a disc in me back, cuz it was the disc where the nerves that control bowel function float about, I can give that away again, I can tell ee....

Boiled eggs in a curry are the kippers tits, not tried bacon yet, but oh yes....

As well as slow growing, I think I read somewhere virtually guaranteed as well, something else not to look forward to!
    Pretty much prostate cancer risk increases to the 90% range by the age of 90 or so.... kinda like breast cancer for women....

Am gonna have to try boiled eggs and curry....

Pretty much prostate cancer risk increases to the 90% range by the age of 90 or so.... kinda like breast cancer for women....
    Oh joy, everyones a loser then....

Am gonna have to try boiled eggs and curry....
    You have, I first had it in a take away Jalfrezi years ago, and it blew me away, I left half and finished it off for breakfast, just to prove it was that good!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think prostate cancer is one you'll most likely live through if you get your exams (Not the 40 foot anal probe!). The guys who die from it are those folks that think if you ignore something, it will go away. This only works with spouses. If your prostate is swollen like a freakin' Idaho potato, it's not going to go away.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I think prostate cancer is one you'll most likely live through if you get your exams (Not the 40 foot anal probe!). The guys who die from it are those folks that think if you ignore something, it will go away. This only works with spouses. If your prostate is swollen like a freakin' Idaho potato, it's not going to go away.
    AND its hard to pee......

Had a sit-down with the resturant guy..... to discuss fall veggies... He gave me a list of things he wants, and most of them I can grow if I start yesterday, some it is about a month to late to start. So it looks like I may be trying my hand at winter market gardening..... Time to buy a bunch of seed for mizuna, tatzoi, radish and the like....

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If your prostate is swollen like a freakin' Idaho potato, it's not going to go away.
    Really and that would be freakin'....

AND its hard to pee......
    Jeez, mines more than fine at the moment then....

Had a sit-down with the resturant guy..... to discuss fall veggies... He gave me a list of things he wants, and most of them I can grow if I start yesterday, some it is about a month to late to start. So it looks like I may be trying my hand at winter market gardening..... Time to buy a bunch of seed for mizuna, tatzoi, radish and the like....
    Good timing on the fall veges then....Some of they Japanese veges are a bit new to me as well....

Really and that would be freakin'....

Jeez, mines more than fine at the moment then....

Good timing on the fall veges then....Some of they Japanese veges are a bit new to me as well....
    I have recently discovered them.... have been growing bok choy and napa cabbage for the last 2 years and the mizuna and tatzoi are in a greens mix I have for salad greens..... Pretty fast growing stuff, can be harvested more than once from the same planting and tasty! I get seed catalogs from several companies but routinely buy from only one of them. Their seed seems to be better, a little pricier, but better quality.